Thread: Polybian Reforms question

Default Polybian Reforms question

Hi,
    I've been playing EB, and have reached the Polybian reforms, and while all my homeland regions have gotten the reforms, the rest of Italy (places like Taras, Rhegion, Patavium, etc.) haven't. Aren't the Polybian Reforms supposed to affect all the Italian states or did I read that wrong? And if I didn't read it wrong, how do I get the other cities to start producing Princepes? Thanks, -M
    My Balloons:

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Polybian Reforms question

You need a type I government in place (has to be somewhere with the Homeland resource), and upgrade your Roman barracks. Then you can churn them out.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

You should get them in all Level 1s which is the original cities, Taras, Rhegion, Bononia, Segesta, and patavium. You do remember that you have to upgrade the barracks before you get the units.

EDIT: BEATEN TO IT! Damn you Quintus! If you weren't a living legend, I'd be pretty pissed.
    Last edited by We shall fwee...Wodewick; 04-11-2008 at 00:05.
    Do you find something funny with the name Biggus Dickus?

in the EB PBeM

So THAT'S what I was doing wrong! I had all those regions set on "Fully Romanized Province." I guess being a complete autocrat has a downside, huh?

Well I just got done making all the italian states into Roman allies and you were right. Thanks for all the help. -M
    My Balloons: