Thread: Installing in Program files?

Default Installing in Program files?

I know the installer says that it's not recommended to install 1.1 here, but this is where I installed Rome Total War in the first place, and if i pick any other place to install it it says that it needs to be installed in the same folder as Rome!
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Default Re: Installing in Program files?

it's a Vista only issue I suppose

Don't worry yourself sir, I was in the same situation and went right ahead - everything's runing smoothly so far. (I'm using XP)
    The artist formerly known as Johnny5.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

I read on the installer, and it said that if you're playing on an account (on your computer) that doesn't have administrator status, you may not be able to play EB if it's installed in the Program Files directory.

Unfortunately for me, that was only after I had already copied my intended Rome-folder out of there.
    Last edited by The Celtic Viking; 04-10-2008 at 14:17.

It is a Vista only, since only Vista enforces this (originally Linux, or so somebody wrote on these fora once) security model. XP, well, XP couldn't care less about such trivial matters.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

This isn't a problem if you disable UAC. And it makes Vista much less annoying...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

IF you know what you are doing, that is. I've seen people on these boards (and not just these boards, in real life as well) who'd better not touch anything remotely related to admin powers. At times: me included. <_<
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu
    This isn't a problem if you disable UAC. And it makes Vista much less annoying...
    And how does one do this, if I may ask?

EDIT: Never mind found out how to, anyway my pc seems to see this as a big danger, should I just ignore this? OMG this time it didn't took 30 minutes (really it lasted that long) to get the installer opened.
    Last edited by eggthief; 04-10-2008 at 20:02.

Disable UAC on your own responsibility. I will just say that I have it on.
    Just move the Rome TW folder from Program Files. You can just cut/paste it, you dont have to reinstall RTW.

damn, lost my cod4 profile cause of it *sob*

That would be your own responsibility then .

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking