Thread: Can't Start A New Campaign?

Default Can't Start A New Campaign?

After installing 1.1 and setting it up for bi, i tried to start a new campaign but when i hit the start button, it pauses and then returns me to the single player menu. How can i fix this problem?

Default Re: Can't Start A New Campaign?

BI is not supported. Use RTW. Then post again if it still persists.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

i no longer have disc 1 to rtw

Then you'll have to see if someone posts a guide to use BI in the unofficial mods section.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

thanks for your help

No need to thank me, no help was given .

================
    ================

Elite Peasant Member Son of Perun's Avatar

I have a bit different problem. When I try to start new campaign, a CTD happens and it writes me something like "Debugger detected - please close it down and restart". What should I do ?

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    No need to thank me, no help was given .
    False, led me to the correct place to read about such problems. And with repetition and luck, EB 1.1 with bi.exe works!

Son of Perun do you by any chance edit the client rulers out of the script and change the interloper value in the export character traits like this thread says https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96967 . Because doing that in 1.1 causes a crash for me when starting a new campaign with a similar error message to you, leaving the character traits file alone fixes this for me. Not sure if thats your problem just checking in case.

Unfortunately I didn't, so probably this is not the same problem. Thanks anyway .
    Last edited by Son of Perun; 04-10-2008 at 07:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Perun
    I have a bit different problem. When I try to start new campaign, a CTD happens and it writes me something like "Debugger detected - please close it down and restart". What should I do ?
    What processes do you have running? RTW could be checking that you don't have any stuff running that could crack its executable (fat lot of good that did).

M2TW does the same, but also includes FileMon in the list of "problematic" ones, which sometimes is necessary for error analysis .
    Last edited by bovi; 04-10-2008 at 07:43.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    What processes do you have running?
    trillian, alg, spools, explorer, opera, svchost, taskmgr, nvsvc32krn, nod32krn, lsass, services, winlogon, csrss, smss, CoreCenter, Ad-Watch, SMSystemAnalyze, Msmsgs, ctfmon, rundll32, nod32kui, realsched, PWRISOVM, daemon, PDVDServ, wmplayer, SOUNDMAN

I also reinstalled it several times, but it was no good. Eb 1.0 was running without any troubles so I really don't understand what could be the problem...

EDIT: Now this is strange. I am able to start a campaign only for factions with intro. Better than nothing I guess...
    Last edited by Son of Perun; 04-10-2008 at 17:57.

i have the same problem, before 1.1 my instalation with EB 1.0 was working perfect and now when i chosing new campaign i see just CTD . I clean registry and instalation is not in pragram files ,( i using vista) and i dont have idea what is going on ........ and btw custom battles working just fine ...

Quote Originally Posted by redz1222
    i have the same problem, before 1.1 my instalation with EB 1.0 was working perfect and now when i chosing new campaign i see just CTD . I clean registry and instalation is not in pragram files ,( i using vista) and i dont have idea what is going on ........ and btw custom battles working just fine ...
    that was the first problem i encountered, after uninstalling and reinstalling 1.1 many of times, running into countless errors, then this one try it just gave in and started to play. Been good ever sence, weird how that works.

Have you guys tried to add -nm to the shortcut, as the installation validation thread suggests?

================
    ================

Yes i try allready with this and no efects . But today i recive new laptop and after instalation everything going cool , so i think just only new system can save people from ctd when chosing new campagine . :(

Quote Originally Posted by redz1222
    Yes i try allready with this and no efects .
    Neither for me.

Try to see if you can actually view the EB movies, I mean: the placeholders for the factions which don't have an actual movie yet.

If you can't, try and proceed by installing the codec (link found in the announcement) and see if you now can view the movies. Then try your campaign again.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I don't know all those processes really, but my first guess at what it's complaining about would be Daemon tools. I'd suggest to restart Windows, kill off all processes but the essential ones and then start the game.

================
    ================

Get us a screenshot of the actual error message! Perhaps somebody else can read something there which you don't, and recognise the cause of your crash?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 04-11-2008 at 23:20.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Unhappy Re: Can't Start A New Campaign?

Well I used the validateInstall and these are the resuls:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    You seem to have a corrupt install. There are changes to files, or some are missing.
    However, these may be conscious changes you have made, to remod EB. See below for details.
    ==========
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt (expected checksum cb93a428e536cfa294ff85bf1d9ceca1, got 23942befd1eebbd7b829f750745c3081)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\battle\custom\279#bc#-#battle#of#ausculum\description.txt (expected checksum e54e6f6ba0c7cbb4eb7a2016e2f17842, got 0337a879748a757b21957959beb00873)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt (expected checksum bad234a2e164713781308d6d9b2770c0, got dafc4faf498a7ecc11e74fcace01c578)
    Changed file: .\eb\mp game edu backup\map.rwm (expected checksum 1c90eb5933e8e610f00bdd692ca60048, got ca3d6899906a707189b700241a6e2797)
    Added file: .\eb\replays\firstone.rpy
    Added file: .\eb\replays\tehbig.rpy
    Added file: .\eb\replays\telamon.rpy
    Added file: .\eb configuration.lnk
    Added file: .\eb multi player.lnk
    Added file: .\eb preferences.lnk
    Added file: .\eb single player.lnk
    Added file: .\extras\ebtrivialscript_setup.exe
    Added file: .\extras\eb_documentation.exe
    Added file: .\extras\eb_rv_setup.exe
    Added file: .\logs\replay_desync.txt
    Added file: .\unins000.dat
    Added file: .\unins000.exe

Corrupt install? How could that happen? I didn't change anything (at least not consiously)...

The added files are okay, that's just stuff that RTW generates for you.

The lighting, I presume you've switched out with the trivial script.

.\eb\mp game edu backup\map.rwm is supposed to be in the ignore list, sorry about that.

I don't know about the Ausculum description, but it shouldn't make any difference to starting a campaign.

The descr_strat is a different matter. I don't know how that happened, but my own installation now says it's the same checksum that you have. I'll have to update the checklist.

Edit: Now I see that a last-minute change came after I generated the checklist. Your descr_strat is fine.

Edit2: You can update the checklist when running the validation now, I've uploaded corrected files.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-12-2008 at 08:56.

================
    ================