Thread: EB and RTW Love My Computer So Much...

Default EB and RTW Love My Computer So Much...

They don't want to uninstall.

EB's been uninstalling for about 40 minutes now (abandoned the first attempt). The green progress bar has gone to full once and is now back to zero, where's it's been for about 10 minutes. It keeps telling me, time remaining: 0 seconds.

RTW won't uninstall at all. It flashes an uninstallation bar for a millisecond, but then goes away. Patch 1.3 did uninstall though.

I presume I must need to uninstall EB first. Then RTW. Don't really know.

The good news is, EB 1.1 downloaded pretty quick, so as soon as I can install a fresh RTW 1.5, I'll be ready to rock and roll. But I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to do so at all.

If anyone has any insight, please let me know. I don't remember my last EB taking this long to uninstall.

Many thanks in advance.

Edit: Okay, it's finally crawling along a little. I guess I should have waited a slight bit longer. I'll keep you posted.

Edit II: RTW will NOT uninstall. Period. It will not run, but it will not uninstall. I've tried to INSTALL it, but that doesn't work because it's not UNINSTALLED. So I'm confused.
    Last edited by Red_Russian13; 04-12-2008 at 16:49.
    From Theodotos I.

Default Re: EB and RTW Love My Computer So Much...

See above edit. RTW will not uninstall. I'm sure someone knows some way to get this infernal program off my computer so I can install EB 1.1.
    From Theodotos I.

Did you try uninstalling from the Control Panel, yet?
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios
    Did you try uninstalling from the Control Panel, yet?
    Yes sir, I did.

I figured it out I think. I put in the disk, right clicked, hit explore, and then hit the setup.exe and it asked me if I wanted to uninstall. So it did and now I'm installing.

Thanks for the help. It was blind luck on my part.
    From Theodotos I.