Thread: BC: Cant recruit units in Dehli

Default BC: Cant recruit units in Dehli

After killing a godzillion stacks of Rajput arrow fodder, I fannally captured Dehli in a massive battle.

I couldn't recruit anything from the buildings and they didn't even show units grayed out. I saw the building said (indian) after them and I figured I would try rebuilding them. After destroying the barracks, range and stable I tried to rebuild them. Even after building a new one I still cant recruit anything

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??

Default Re: BC: Cant recruit units in Dehli

BC has an area of recruitment system, so you can generally only recruit your own units in your home territories. I think it's tied to the religion of the settlement like in Britannia, but as it takes bloody ages to convert a settlement in BC I'm not sure whether this is true. You should be able to recruit some sort of local troops though.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

At the moment, you can't recruit anything but levies (city troops) and maybe siege weapons in settlements outside of your AOR (unless the next BC patch is out. ). Not sure if they'll add something like the Britannia's conversion system to the next version or not. If I recall correctly, they were planning on letting you recruit local troops instead.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

The longest lasting leper ever Member rossahh's Avatar

It is annoying, but realistic.

However, it's a bit strange when the KoJ can't even build Christian troops in Jerusalem.
    "Okay, here come the cavalry, get your swords out lads!" - the Captain details his orders to the pikemen

Quote Originally Posted by IvarrWolfsong
    After killing a godzillion stacks of Rajput arrow fodder, I fannally captured Dehli in a massive battle.

I couldn't recruit anything from the buildings and they didn't even show units grayed out. I saw the building said (indian) after them and I figured I would try rebuilding them. After destroying the barracks, range and stable I tried to rebuild them. Even after building a new one I still cant recruit anything

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??
    What faction are you playing, IvarrWolfsong? Some Muslim factions also get "Indian AoR", it is not tied to religion, instead, it's tied more to culture and "sphere of influence", also, possibly distance from your core territories.

@MerlinusCDXX

Do you know what factions can recruit priests in BC? I know that it requires a higher level religious building, but I haven't made it that far in my games yet. So far I have seen that you can't recruit priests as Oman, and Makuria(Ethiopia), but maybe this is just a typo in the building browser?

@IvarrWolfsong

The AOR takes some getting used to, but it makes the game more realistic and adds flavor.

Where's your head at? Member Galain_Ironhide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rossahh
    It is annoying, but realistic.

However, it's a bit strange when the KoJ can't even build Christian troops in Jerusalem.
    True, but it is a city not a castle. (game mechanics)

You can build a Templar chapel there though which gives you kickass knights.

I am enjoying this feature I must say.

- 'Let's finish the game.' - Josiah Gordon "Doc" Scurlock

Read my AAR - BC Kingdom of Jerusalem - For Faith or Greed

knighthood Squire Member Redz " Preatorian Knights"'s Avatar

AOR system...sometimes it sucks... but good anyhow

see my AVATAR....
    its more of a peasant than a member...

For the Kingdom and the Power, all Glory is Yours
    Almigthy Father......
    -Praetorian Guards Creed-

Yeah, I get it now. I was expecting the AOR to be more like Rome:Total Realism.

I agree that your core units should only come from a cultural/geographic "homeland" but not being able to recruit ANYTHING castles you have conquered is not realistic. After a hundred years and 200% loyalty, I still cant get locals to become basic units? Thats goofy.

I still LOVE BC though =).

BTW- I am Sindh. I just got some castles to fortresses and can finaly access some great units. It did seem to take forever to upgrade even with 5+ chivalry govenors... it was worth the wait though. I don't know if I will ever get to a citadel though

@ Gaiseric

don't know for sure about the whole Priest/Imam thing, I never got up to the level you can get them at with anyone but Abbasid, Ayyubid and Ghazni, still, I don't really see the need for them, since religious unrest in BC isn't that severe, and no fresh Imam has enough piety to call Jihad anyway (I've never seen one recruited with more than 1 or 2 piety, and you need at least 5 to call a Jihad. I think piety gain has been sharply decreased in BC, so religious agents gain piety very slowly).

Quote Originally Posted by IvarrWolfsong
    Yeah, I get it now. I was expecting the AOR to be more like Rome:Total Realism.

I agree that your core units should only come from a cultural/geographic "homeland" but not being able to recruit ANYTHING castles you have conquered is not realistic. After a hundred years and 200% loyalty, I still cant get locals to become basic units? Thats goofy.

I still LOVE BC though =).

BTW- I am Sindh. I just got some castles to fortresses and can finaly access some great units. It did seem to take forever to upgrade even with 5+ chivalry govenors... it was worth the wait though. I don't know if I will ever get to a citadel though
    they are working on an expansion of the AoR system for the next release. Here is a rough map of the AoR for BC, not sure if it's for the current or next version, but it is pretty close. BTW, as Sindh, I think you only get recruitment in S India and not in N India (of the 2 Indian AoR, Delhi is in N).
    Never played Sindh though, just fought them as Ghazni and Ghorids (did chech their buildings for units when spying on them though, that's probably where I got this info.)

@MerlinusCDXX

Thanks for the info. I know that religious unrest is lowered but it has still made me shy away from playing as The Kopchek Confederay (pagan) and The Makurids (ethiopian,orthadox). I wonder if they have problems with religious unrest in areas that have more then 70% of a differant faith. These are regions where a preist/imman/shamen would come in handy.

I heard that BC is adding more priests and adjusting the AOR in their next patch. Maybe they will change the info on the building browser too, so that you can see which factions can have priests and what units will be recruitable outside of the AOR. Other than the priest and AOR issue, I think that Broken Cresent is, by far, the best mod I've played in the TW Series. I would most definatly recommend it to anyone reading this thread.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Disorder due to religion is reduced in BC. In the Armenia (Orthodox) succession game we've conquered all the way east to the edge of Ghazni lands without needing more than a 4-5 company garrison for the cities, most of them 98-99% Muslim. Our first priests were trained very recently too, it isn't easy to get them.