Thread: a missing unit , in the game?

hi, i quite new to this game and would like to ask if anyone has see the "beduin camel gun" which i heard of when reading though lots of previews and outher articles. but when i play the game its not there iv tryed every faction but still havnt noticed it its it my version missing or they fogot to add it? please post back thanks.

i just found the info on the unit at www.shadesmtw.com
    Bedouin Camel Gun
    Most early gunpowder weapons are rather cumbersome, so the Bedouin use a jezzail (a very small cannon!) fixed to a camel saddle. The camel must be still as the gun is fired, but the flexibility of being able to dash into a firing position, fire and then retreat to reload is a shock to many enemies!

Coeur De Lion

[This message has been edited by Coeur De Lion (edited 10-13-2002).]
    Coeur De Lion

i can see it all now.

the year is 1234 and a army made up of peasants and spearmen is defending their land against some middle east invaders.

a bunch of peasants on the left flank
    run into some bedoin camel warriors. when one of the bedoin camels farts the peasants being the timid lot they are turn tail and run at the noise.

later on when their commander asks why they routed, the peasants realise their fate if they confess they ran at the sight of a enemy unit before engauging in combat.

so they invent the story that these camels were packing cannons. as all the world knows no one can stand up to cannon fire so they thought it better to conduct an ordered retreat.

there you go mystery solved !
    Lord Romulous

Secret Vice
    Sick, Bitter and Twisted.

+3 pervisity +4 cursing +7 to chance of wearing purple pants.

lol nice story but that doesnt awnsar my question, are they in the game. Cause i really like to play with thme if they are in the year what year and what faction thanks
    Coeur De Lion

with his story i think that he means there are no camel with guns in the game. Its probably only someone who made that up.

I havent cn any unit like that during my campains. And i dont think there is any either.

------------------
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

TheViking a.k.a AggonyViking a.k.a FearTheViking a.k.a WildboarViking

ahhhhh bugger well it says it in unit descriptions... never mind then im shore i conquer the world without it muahahahhaah

Coeur De Lion
    Coeur De Lion

This thread is mental.

if by mental you mean THE COOLEST THREAD EVER

------------------
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

i figured it out!

The webiste must have pulled all there unit descriptions from the file "C:\Program Files\Total War\Medieval - Total War\Loc\Eng\Descriptions.txt"
    (For english speakers)
    (otherwise it will be in "\Loc\Fra" or Deu, Ita, Esp, Jap, Sch, Tch, Kor)

anyways, inside the descriptions file you will find an entry for "Bedouin Camel Gun"

here it is-

["BedouinCamelGun_desc"]
    {"Most early gunpowder weapons are rather cumbersome, so the Bedouin use a jezzail (a very small cannon!) fixed to a camel saddle. The camel must be still as the gun is fired, but the flexibility of being able to dash into a firing position, fire and then retreat to reload is a shock to many enemies!"}

------------------

Senior Member Senior Member Hakonarson's Avatar

Yes they existed, but I think you'll find not until well after the time period of MTW - Jezzails are a 16th or 17th century development of the musket.