Thread: The Memories of Shallowcreek, a large mafia

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Default The Memories of Shallowcreek, a large mafia

History of Shallowcreek:
    Shallowcreek started out as a small mafia that was housed within the small town in Montana called Shallowcreek in 1974. They quickly took over the town, fiegning an accident for the unavoidable deaths that had occured in the more then hostile takeover. Having succeded in taking one town, they decided to branch out through the rest of the Rockies, and by late 1975, they had a vast network of towns under their control, both directly and indirectly. The now deceased Don Pever Green, the second of the mafia (the first being Caius Flaminius),early in the next year declared an attack on Billings Montana, to infiltrate and take over not only Billings, but The Militia of Montana. They want to use the M.O.M name as a front so that they can legitimately deal with firearms and get more modern equiptment without the risk of smuggling. The attack was very bloody, with 19 people killed in three days, among them the mayor of Billings and the don. There are disturbing reports of a mystical being, who some supposed to have been a god, floating around after the disaster, but all with any sort of prudence will ignore this "fact". Since this, the M.O.M have been pushing the mafia back quite successfully. Three new dons have been declared and killed in this bloody resistance to the control of the mob. These being, respectively; Joeseph Lamantia, Johnathan Shaw, and William Pengelly. Since Pengelly's death, the mob has fallen inrto disorder, and, in 1982, the mob actually split into two different factions,
    those staying loyal to Shallowcreek, and the those who have rebelled into a new gang, the Soldiers of Stone. Both sides have a new Don, whose Identities have been kept a close secret.

Synopsis:
    Both Mafias have, in this year of 1987, been pushed back into one town, that of Butte, Montana. The Militia and the two gangs each have a great foothold in this town, and in this month of November, The Militia have chosen to get rid of this remaining menace. Once more a lynch meeting has been sanctioned on the 16th by the mayor. He has called upon all of his good citizens to attend and eliminate the mafia presense...

Roles:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ShallowCreek Mafia:

Spy- Able to discover someone's role each night.

henchmen- Able to work cooperatively in groups of two to kill somebody each night. Once two remain, they are promoted to a Made Man and can kill on their own. Once a Henchman has killed three cooperatively, he/she is promoted to made.

Made Men- Able to kill one person each night. If only one made remains, that survivior is promoted to Elite Mafioso. One can be promoted to Elite Mafioso status upon killing 4 people. If they fail to kill 3 times in a row, they are demoted to henchman. If there are no longer any Elite Mafioso, a made man is promoted.

Elite Mafioso- Able to kill one person each night. As long as there are any Elite Mafioso, the Don be attacked, or in any other way harmed or hampered.

1 Don - The Don cannot be harmed as long as there are Elite mafioso. If the don is killed, the mafia must elect a new don. The don can stop enemy actions against two of his men each night, and during the day, the don may vote.

Soldiers of Stone:

Spy- Able to discover someone's role each night.

henchmen- Able to work cooperatively in groups of two to kill somebody each night. Once two remain, they are promoted to a Made Man and can kill on their own. Once a Henchman has killed three cooperatively, he/she is promoted to made.

Made Men- Able to kill one person each night. If only one made remains, that survivior is promoted to Elite Mafioso. One can be promoted to Elite Mafioso status upon killing 4 people. If they fail to kill 3 times in a row, they are demoted to henchman. If there are no longer any Elite Mafioso, a made man is promoted.

Elite Mafioso- Able to kill one person each night. As long as there are any Elite Mafioso, the Don be attacked, or in any other way harmed or hampered.

1 Don - The Don cannot be harmed as long as there are Elite mafioso. If the don is killed, the mafia must elect a new don. The don can stop enemy actions against two of his men each night, and during the day, the don may vote.

Militia of Montana:

Militia soldiers- Able to work cooperatively in groups of two to kill a suspected or known mafia each night. Each kill request must be approved by me, and they must include the name of the person who gave them the information that the target is mafia. Once two remain, they are promoted to militia officers. Immune to the law unless they manage to kill a police officer or a townie.

Militia officer- Able to kill a suspected or known mafia each night. Each kill request must be approved by me, and must include name of the person who gave them information that the target is mafia. Immune to the law unless they manage to kill a police officer or a townie.

Militia scouts- able to discover someone's role each night.
    1 Militia Leader-Able to prevent actions against two of his men each night. Immune to the law. As long as there are two soldiers or officers left, the Leader cannot be killed.

Townies:

1 Mayor- Your role will be publicly revealed. You chose the lynch as you see fit (so long as it’s a tie). You cannot be killed so long as a cop or detective is still alive. If you are killed, somebody else will be elected.

Doctors- able to prevent one murder each night.

Bar Employees- have the ability to spy on others with 50% chance of discovering their true role, 25% chance of getting a false role.

Hunter- able to kill each night with 50% accuracy. Can become mafia or militia with conformation from parties involved, upon which the hunter becomes a henchman or soldier.

cops- able to investigate/ arrest one person each night. 25% chance of discovering true role. As long as they remain, the mayor cannot be harmed.

Detective- able to investigate/arrest one person each night. 75% chance of discovering true role, or Able to discover someone's role each night. As long as he remains, the mayor cannot be harmed.
    1 Bar owner- can hide somebody each night, impeding their action and protecting them from harm. The shop owner may also kidnap somebody and bring them before the courts.

Townies- The good and "law-abiding" citizens of Butte. They can form in groups of three to kill somebody each night. they can form in groups of two to protect somebody each night. They can form in groups of two to spy on somebody each night, with 50% accuracy and 20% chance of being discovered. After 4 nights have passed They can join the mafia of militia with consent parties involved, upon which the townie becomes a henchman or soldier (they can only join the mafia after they particiapate in a murder).

Secret Roles:
    Im not telling

Rules:

No posting beyond death

No screenies

Phases about 24 - 48 hours. Give me maximum of 1 week of leeway, as I am especially prone to long absences. After the week... ...you may kill this child of mine.

All other rules follow mafia standard.

Sign ups so far... (I have no set amount yet, but will wait untill I see how interested you are) 12 of ...?

Beefy
    Caius
    pevergreen
    Andres
    shlin
    kamikhaan
    Gaius Scribonius Curio
    scottishranger
    BananaBob
    Ichigo
    Sarathos
    Roadkill
    Last edited by Motep; 04-19-2008 at 05:49.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Memories of Shallowcreek, a large mafia

In!

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

In!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sure, I'm Game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Can someone confirm if its your turn?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

The Castle was postponed.

(Ask Andres, he sent me the pm telling me to host...)
    Last edited by Motep; 04-17-2008 at 03:45.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Can someone confirm if its your turn?
    I sent Motep a pm saying that he can start if he wanted to.

I allowed the Castle to continue, since it's more RPG then mafia and the write-ups ask alot of work/time. The game is awesome, but it simply can't be done within the normal time frame. Imo, it's thát good to allow an exception.

Since The Castle II is extremely slow paced, I don't see any harm in allowing Motep to start his large game.

In, btw.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Blog Entries

Not the Don? The host shouldnt start confirming people cant have such and such's role. Unbalances the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    Not the Don? The host shouldnt start confirming people cant have such and such's role. Unbalances the game.
    Maybe the Don has vital information that is not supposed to be revealed mid-game
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

IN!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Well, pever, there seems to be a chance that you might be the don again. Anyways, Don Pever Green did have a son named for him, so there is an off chance he took over the mafia. Then again, he could have joined the M.O.M or the police, or even taken up a legitamate job in Butte. Only time will tell.
    Last edited by Motep; 04-17-2008 at 14:11.

Blog Entries

Im becoming a staple in your mafia games, even if it is just my name.

I was the don, and I left.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    I was the don, and I left.
    so...?

I think I will advertise in the frontroom...
    Last edited by Motep; 04-17-2008 at 23:08.

INNY

please

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

In!
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

in!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Throw me In.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

In. Havn't played mafia in a while.
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

In.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

In!!

Ill join but still have slight internet problems
    All the time I hear women say chivalry is dead...it's true, chivalry is dead and women killed it - Dave Chapelle (Killing them Softly)

Motep? Why do you always force me to close your games because of inactiveness of the host?

Gah! Closed

Ja mata, TosaInu