Thread: AI's Turn Never Ends

Question AI's Turn Never Ends

I'm stuck on one turn in my Baktria campaign. When the AI is preforming its turn it won't proceed past Ptolemaioi. The script being activated or not doesn't seem to effect it. I've tried all the fixes and they don't help either.

I need to post once before I can post the save file so it will be in the reply.

Question Re: AI's Turn Never Ends

Here is the save file: http://uploaded.to/?id=wj858v
    Last edited by Croak; 04-17-2008 at 03:43.

Default Re: AI's Turn Never Ends

Thanks for your report, this sounds unique. You should start another campaign until we find out what's happening.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-17-2008 at 14:13.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Just as an addendum the campaign map animations don't freeze when this problem occurs, so the game actually never crashes to the desktop. The only way out of it is to alt-f4 or use ctrl-alt-del.

Apparently its not a unique issue as its happening to me as well.

I'm playing the Romans and its 231BC.
    When I end my turn the A.I. faction Ptolemaioi gets stuck on their turn and the game will not proceed.

The game doesn't freeze, all the animations continue moving, I can alt tab and also quit my campaign using the ESC key and load up another different game.

Maybe its some sort of reform issue with Ptolemaioi or they just get confused, either way the game doesn't proceed past their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by zaskar70
    Apparently its not a unique issue as its happening to me as well.

I'm playing the Romans and its 231BC.
    When I end my turn the A.I. faction Ptolemaioi gets stuck on their turn and the game will not proceed.

The game doesn't freeze, all the animations continue moving, I can alt tab and also quit my campaign using the ESC key and load up another different game.

Maybe its some sort of reform issue with Ptolemaioi or they just get confused, either way the game doesn't proceed past their turn.
    Are Ptolies attacking (or going to attack) Carthage ?

I have encountered the same prolem 2 or 3 times in EB 1.0. The last thing I have seen was ptolem. army going to attack Carthage in Siwa Oasis. I believe there has been some issue with carthaginian general (possibly Client ruler/african general). I have even tried (by cheating) to move my (macedon) army to Siwa and try to attack myself to see what happens - well, the only think that happened was that even my army was not able to attack (possibly some strat_map model for carth. clinet ruler missing - dont now).
    I havent found a solution - this was full stop for the campaign :-(

Default AW: AI's Turn Never Ends

I've had this twice in my seleucid campaigns when I was going to sally out and attack the besieging army. One time was in Damaskos against a Ptolemaic army and the other in Antiocheia Margiane against a Parthian one.
    "Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

Yes, this just happened to me as well. 245 BC playing as Carthage and the game is stuck on Ptoly turn. Not sure what is going on.

Same problem here.
    Campaign with the Romans.
    Year is 231 BC !!!!!!! (coincidence ??? )
    Game don't crash but Ai turn never ends. (i still can scroll the map )
    Always happens when the Euleutheroi are doing their moves. (231 BC)
    Please , need help because i don't want to start all over.
    Thx in advance.

toggle_fow'd and found the error causing it, it was a town that was under siege sallying and stopping the turn from progressing. i moved the general and it fixed, no problems.