Thread: suddenly lost sounds and music

Default suddenly lost sounds and music

EDIT: It's OK, I got the sound/music back by deleting music/events files and then rebooting the computer. I don't know what caused this problem, so, for future reference, I'd still be interested to know more about this.

Hi There,

I need some help. I modded my music a long time ago and it's worked perfectly for weeks. But suddenly, and for no apparent reason, I've lost music and sounds. All I've got is a kind of faint swishing noise like sea waves. I tried exiting the game and deleting the music/events files from data/sounds, hoping that the game would generate these again and all would be well. But that didn't work.

Interestingly, when I lost the music it was after just loading the game and resuming a campaign. The music/sounds suddenly went dead a few seconds after the saved game loaded.

On the previous session the game suffered a 'fatal graphics error' during a siege - could this have something to do with it?

I'd really appreciate some help on this. Many thanks in advance for replies.
    Last edited by Javolenus; 04-17-2008 at 08:00.