Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hotseat General Recruitment Thread

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Default Re: Hotseat General Recruitment Thread

Hey everyone, it looks like we need a new player for Sicily in Hurin's Europa I Late Era game found here.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...-quot-Late-Era

The game is still in the early stages, and has some really interesting variations in the rules. I don't know the details, but believe Sicily has a pretty good position in the game. I encourage everyone to consider taking part.

Maybe @Thanatos Eclipse, or @The King, or @Cecil XIX or @The Celtic Viking ? :)
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 07-29-2012 at 19:41.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I shall do my best to find a new player for em in TWC, annoying to jump between the forums ofc :)

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

Still needing a new player for sicily in Europa I. Anyone interested? @Nigel @Ignoramus @slysnake @Zim @Quirl maybe?
    Last edited by Nightbringer; 08-27-2012 at 21:49.
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I'v just signed up to 2 new hotseats in the past 48 hours, it's going to have to be a no for me unfortunately..

strategy gamer Member Enemy Shooting Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Eggs Champion, Kaboom Champion, Money Money Money Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Super Fishing Champion komnenos's Avatar

I'm a new member and I don't know the system of playing multiplaying . Aslo I'm crasy about crusader kings II and Medieval total war.
    He who has bread has many problems;

He who has no bread has only one problem.

Byzantine Proverb

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

Welcome komenos! Jump right in and claim a spot in one of the upcoming games! (or several)
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by komnenos View Post
    I'm a new member and I don't know the system of playing multiplaying . Aslo I'm crasy about crusader kings II and Medieval total war.
    Welcome!

Upcoming hotseat games - please sign up!

New Broken Crescent game, discussion here. The mod is unique, with a different captivating atmosphere, a huge map and various factions to choose from.

Clash of Gods! 2
    , discussion in the CoG! thread here. An east vs. west scenario using Stainless Steel 6.4 Late Era. The first game was interesting and challenging, and now with the refined rules the sequel will be even better

Vikingetid - game thread here. Using the relatively new The Last Kingdom mod, this RPG/HS hybrid game is perfect for those who love vikings, intrigue, various ways to win and (un)friendly competition with human players. There is at least one spot available, though more can be opened if we get 4 new players.

New Britannia game, game thread here. A fixed team battle using the Kingdoms: Britannia expansion. It's been proven to be a fun and deep mod to play in, and the players already signed up are expereinced in waging war on the British Isles! Come, join the Celtic rebellion or the Anglo-Norman alliance!

New Crusades game, game thread here. A fun and diverse mod. Two faction spots left, and good players have signed up already. Come and join the melee for the Holy Lands!

I'm a new member here looking to play a hotseat game for the first time (preferably westeros's submod with fire and blood). Anyone willing plz pm me!

EDIT: I want to mention that I did read this guide on hotseat games and have a basic grasp on the notion, but anyone willing to show me the ropes would be given the governance of Australia when my dominion will extend to this world.
    Last edited by Crippled Dragon; 11-15-2012 at 18:19.

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

Hello @Crippled Dragon

the game Vikingetid is currenly looking for 1 more player to get started.

It is a somewhat special hotseat game, where we are trying out something new. But I am sure you will be able to manage. It is new to all of us, and the advantage is, that it is played in teams. So you will get paired up with an experienced player, who can show you the ropes.

Hi there Crippled Dragon, welcome to the Throne Room!

I don't know of anyone looking to play a hotseat game in Westeros at the moment, but feel free to try to drum up some people for it.

Vikingetid is indeed an unusual game, but you should at least take a look to see what you think. Outside of that, we did just start up a new round of games, but I would certainly be willing to start another. I have had an idea for a catholic faction only game that allows full use of the crusades mechanic for a while now, and would also be up for a Britannia game.

Hello and welcome to the Throne Room! Vikingetid, a new britannia hotseat and that Stainless Steel Players vs. the AI ERE is also an option. I personally have the Westeros TW mod, though I haven't gotten that submod in question. If you want, we can have a deathmatch.

Also, I miss the Teutonics map so I'd be up for a game of that. I want to give Poland a try.
    Last edited by Myth; 11-16-2012 at 15:23.

Hello all, due to real life opportunities, the HRE faction in CoG2 is opening up and in need of a player to take over. the HRE are in a great position and the game is just starting to heat up, so this would be a perfect time to jump in if you have any interest. Just speak up and I or myth will get you up to date on our teams activities and get you the Pw so you can start playing!

Ello, I'm up for a game, wether as a replacement or new game...

My favs are retrofit and KGCM(Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod) so if there is a open slot for them, or enough interest for a new game in them, I would gladly join. :D

We never did have a proper KGCM + HS patch game here, unless you count WWC which was sort of flawed. Do you prefer ar or lead battles? Also welcome!

Yeah, Were getting a KGCM hotseat game up on TWH(Where I'm from, and your new partner site :D ).

The hotseat patch is obsolete, but luckily, it's been incorperated into the new patch for the mod, and that includes the ar improvement/balance. From what I've seen lead battles are very rare in hotseats. I like that I can get more/better traits from doing the battle, catch more prisoners, and kill the enemy general. I know how to make really tough ar builds in retrofit(original ar) though. I tried doing research on how ar takes everything into account, but it seems not much is known, but they're theories. I'm fine with either though, and thanks for the welcome.

Check out my guide that's stickied here, I've posted what I know of regular M2TW AR as well as the modified Stainless Steel AR. Basically AR cares about troop numbers, armour, health. In M2TW or Kingdoms, having a stack of 150 men per unit, 20 armour spearmen will basically make you a force to be reckoned with.

AR also greatly advantages strong generals and it cares about Night Fighter when it's used (even against a single army).

My main problem with KGCM is that @phonicsmonkey said that the factions have been imbalanced when they tried to equalize everyone. Some start with catapults right off the bat, and for example the HRE is a major target that loses in the first few turns, while in say, Stainless Steel, the HRE is a force to be reckoned with.

Yep, that's pretty much what I know about ar, infact, I think I read that guide before. Unfortunately, I don't think more can be known, I'm really curious if AP(Armour-Piercing), terrain, and speed are taken into account.

From what I've seen KGCM is still really balanced, haven't played all the factions though. I haven't gotten into SS, So my knowledge is limited in that.

AP is definitely taken into account. That's why some 13 armour Axemen give clear victories versus 21 defence spearmen in equal number. But armour is still better than AP (though if you have high-armour AP units then you get both) because it protects your troops from casualties and AP diminishes in value when fighting low quality armies (not much armour to halve). There was a discussion on the Teutonics campaign in the guide thread, you can read that. I'm also glad you had found my guide prior to registering

How many active players do you guys have at the TWH? I've proposed a friendly TWH vs .ORG hotseat to your leaders

Ahh, good to know, I've been really wondering, I wonder if that counts for AP sidearms too, like cav with lances and a mace as a secondary. Still, even more a reason to like shields(which are not effected by AP if I am correct).

Four others have replied to the KGCM hotseat thread, so if you include me, five would be an accurate figure. Ahh, so you proposed that hotseat, yep, I was told too, It hasn't been mentioned since though...

Hello everyone.

New here on the forums. Looking for a Hotseat spot to play M2TW ;)

Welcome to the Throne Room Oswiu!

All of our currently running games are full, but I am just starting to organize a new game.

I invite you to take a look here and see if it strikes your fancy.

Howdy everyone!

I'm new here at the forums and looking for a SS hotseat game to join so please allow me to introduce myself.
    I'm from europe. English/american is not my native language so please excuse my imperfect grammar. I've been playing rtw, m2tw with various mods and shogun2 for quite some time. I've played rome2 as well but luckely didn't have the misfortune of buying it before trying it out :)
    I've been lurking this forum and twcenter for a couple of years. was wondering which one to join and totalwar.org looked a bit more 'homy' so here I am!

Homey is probably the right word, and if you are interested Kingdoms and Empires needs a replacement player for egypt in order to continue. You can also feel free to try to rouse up interest to start a whole 'nother game. I would be up for it.

Also, welcome to the Throne Room actionhanc!

Welcome @actionhanc! I'd be up for starting another Stainless Steel game to be honest. How about we do a "Lords of the East" type of game where we can only pick eastern factions, ie. Kiev, Novgorod, Poland, Hungary, ERE, Turks, Cumans, Lithuania etc.?

@ Nightbringer thanks for the offer but I don't feel like messing someone's faction up. Especially further ingame.
    Great idea Myth. Have never done a hotseat before so i'm probably gonna need some help with the basic setup. have been checking the rules though. Do you prefer AR or lead? I'd propose lead, early game and I'm calling Lithuania :-)

Am I supposed to do something or do replies usually take a month?

I have SS mod too. May I join you guys?

Welcome @PilaPis

sure you can!

Thank you sir.

Well, what should I do now? You started the game or you planing to start a new one?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast