Thread: basic questions about win conditions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default basic questions about win conditions

Hi There,

I've got some basic questions about modding win conditions.

For example, what's the min/max number of settlements you can have as win conditions? And what's the max number of named settlements (i.e. to 'hold') you can have?

Basically, my idea is to mod win conditions for small, medium and large factions. For example, Scotland and Portugal were (historically) small factions, so I'd like them to have modest win conditions. England and France would have 'medium' win conditions. HRE and Byzantium would have 'grand' win conditions.

I'd also like to focus strategy by having listing the settlements factions have to take/hold. But what's the upper limit on this?

Any help with this much appreciated. And many thanks in advance for replies.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: basic questions about win conditions

Not sure if there is one. I got a lot for VanillaMod, but I'm sure you can go higher than that even. Give it a try.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Hi FactionHeir,

OK, I'll experiment a bit.

I think you can only hold named settlements in 'Long Campaign' mode - is that right? If so, my concern is that the game might crash if I have a wide variation in win conditions. For example, my idea was to have Scotland needing to hold all settlements in Britain in order to win - 7 I think - whereas HRE would need about 30 to win.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Long and short are just variables. You can make the short campaign longer than the long campaign if you want.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)