Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Spaniard civilizations

  1. #1
    REGIVS ORATOR LINGVAE LATINAE Member Jaume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92

    Default Spaniard civilizations

    I'm an EB fan from Barcelona and I want to know if EB team thinks to include, in future versions, more spanish civilizations except Lusotania, just like Iberians or Celtiberians.

    Well, just before someone say to me that this will be ahistorical and bla-bla-bla, PLEASE INFORM YOURSELVES, in III Century before Christ, Spain was ruled by these three powers.

    Thanks for the attention and sorry for my bad english speaking.

  2. #2
    Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Γερμανια Ελευθερα
    Posts
    2,321

    Default AW: Spaniard civilizations

    Well I'm not from the team but I think it was once planned to include the Arevaci in a future build of EB.

  3. #3
    Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lightbulb Re: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume
    I'm an EB fan from Barcelona and I want to know if EB team thinks to include, in future versions, more spanish civilizations except Lusotania, just like Iberians or Celtiberians.

    Well, just before someone say to me that this will be ahistorical and bla-bla-bla, PLEASE INFORM YOURSELVES, in III Century before Christ, Spain was ruled by these three powers.
    Unfortunately, there is a limit of 21 factions to the R:TW engine. EB is already at that limit, so no new factions can be included without dropping others.

    Also, in order to be included as a faction, they have to be relatively united and powerful. Iberians and Celtiberians were not united, to my knowledge.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

  4. #4
    Jesus Member lobf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nazareth
    Posts
    531

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    Iberians and Celtiberians refer to ethnicities rather than tribes. That would be like having an Italian faction instead of Rome, you know what I mean.


    Y que tal esta Barcelona? No he estado en esa ciudad desde cuando vivia en el Pais Vasco.

  5. #5
    REGIVS ORATOR LINGVAE LATINAE Member Jaume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    First, thanks to all of you for answer my petition.

    Then, well it's true that they were not united (thats why they were conquered by the romans :P) but in my opinion there are enough diferencies between Lusotanna and Iberians to differ them.

    About the 21 factions limit, it was something that I didn't know. It is a sad thing...



    Iberians and Celtiberians refer to ethnicities rather than tribes. That would be like having an Italian faction instead of Rome, you know what I mean.
    They did not, it's true, but it's just about changing the words: instead of Iberians, we may speak about Edetans, Turdetans or Ilergetans if you prefer (these were the more important tribes).

    Y que tal esta Barcelona? No he estado en esa ciudad desde cuando vivia en el Pais Vasco.
    Pues bien, con escasez de agua, pero bien .
    Last edited by Jaume; 04-20-2008 at 19:54.

  6. #6

    Default Re: AW: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus
    Well I'm not from the team but I think it was once planned to include the Arevaci in a future build of EB.
    It would have to be EB2.

    Although if the EB team moved to BI they could make 42 factions.
    It won't happen unless an unofficial mod comes out, and remember RTR has been working on that for..what, 3 years?
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

    ~Fluvius

  7. #7

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume
    21 factions limit, it was something that I didn't know. It is a sad thing...
    It may interest you to know that EBII will have a slightly larger faction limit of 31. You may be interested it viewing some of the threads over possible choices for new factions in the EB2 forum. Also the EB team has mentioned that the iberian penninsula will get some attenion in that likely have some borders being redrawn. So keep your fingers cross and pray to the lesser gods of EB and you might see your choices in a future build.


    1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

  8. #8
    REGIVS ORATOR LINGVAE LATINAE Member Jaume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Edward
    It may interest you to know that EBII will have a slightly larger faction limit of 31. You may be interested it viewing some of the threads over possible choices for new factions in the EB2 forum. Also the EB team has mentioned that the iberian penninsula will get some attenion in that likely have some borders being redrawn. So keep your fingers cross and pray to the lesser gods of EB and you might see your choices in a future build.
    Nice, but I thought that EB2 was set in the Middle Age. Am I wrong?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume
    Nice, but I thought that EB2 was set in the Middle Age. Am I wrong?
    Indeed you are, EB2 sounds like it will cover the same time period as EB1 go over to the forum and read the steles for more information.


    1.0 completed:
    -Baktria

  10. #10

    Default Re: Spaniard civilizations

    It would be cool to have two rivalling iberian tribes, fighting with both the carthies and the lusotannan. But, nah...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

  11. #11
    Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    9,006
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lightbulb Re: AW: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaume
    Then, well it's true that they were not united (thats why they were conquered by the romans :P) but in my opinion there are enough diferencies between Lusotanna and Iberians to differ them.
    (...)
    They did not, it's true, but it's just about changing the words: instead of Iberians, we may speak about Edetans, Turdetans or Ilergetans if you prefer (these were the more important tribes).
    True, but there are so many unique tribes that could be represented by a faction slot. You'll have to argue why these were important, unified and expansionist enough to warrant inclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olaf The Great
    Although if the EB team moved to BI they could make 42 factions.
    It won't happen unless an unofficial mod comes out, and remember RTR has been working on that for..what, 3 years?
    Not quite. BI has the same 21-faction limit as R:TW. However, the R:TR team has saved one faction slot that will be filled in by a different faction depending on what you are playing. So there will be an Averni faction when you play the Aedui, but not when you play the Romans. The Romans will instead get a Roman senate/rebel faction. This results in a faction list of 40 (not 42) factions, but you'll never see more than 21 of them (including the independents) in a single game.
    Last edited by Ludens; 04-21-2008 at 16:19.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

  12. #12
    REGIVS ORATOR LINGVAE LATINAE Member Jaume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: AW: Spaniard civilizations

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludens
    True, but there are so many unique tribes that could be represented by a faction slot. You'll have to argue why these were important, unified and expansionist enough to warrant inclusion.
    Maybe I'll do it in a few days, but I think that the simply motivation which is making the game more historical accurately should be enough to include these factions.
    Last edited by Jaume; 04-21-2008 at 21:28.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO