Thread: IBFD & IJ

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Default IBFD & IJ

HI!
    I'm very interested into the migration period and I'd like to know whats the diference between the standart IBFD and IJ. Is it that in IJ the focus is on one faction (IJ :) ) and in the main mod its about all the factions?
    Would IBFD kill my EB-Mod?
    Is it possible to install IBFD and IJ?
    THX

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Default Re: IBFD & IJ

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter
    HI!
    I'm very interested into the migration period and I'd like to know whats the diference between the standart IBFD and IJ. Is it that in IJ the focus is on one faction (IJ :) ) and in the main mod its about all the factions?
    Would IBFD kill my EB-Mod?
    Is it possible to install IBFD and IJ?
    THX
    IBFD and IJ are similar but not completely. The main thing is that IBFD starts in 410 AD while IJ starts in 361, so the starting situation is clearly different: in IJ the empire is united under the last pagan emperor Julian, while in 410 many barbarians have already passed the Rhine and the goths are about to sack Rome itself. It's true that IJ focuses more on rome (there are a lot of new units compared to IBFD), but there are also 2 different barbarian factions, the Quadi and the Iazyges instead of Lombards and Slavs. There also a lot of smaller differences but the choice I believe is mainly the vastly different starting situation.
    For the installation question, EB stays completely in its own folder so it shouldn't be a problem. It's also possibile to install both IJ and IBFD together with no issues.