Thread: Specs

Default Specs

OK, my computer is lagging playing huge units on EB 1.1. Am I going to have to get an Alienware box to play 2.0?

Default Re: Specs

you'll have to get something that will play MTW2 first. EB 1.1 battlemodels aren't any more detailed than RTW ones, we did this so EB would play reasonably well on old machines. We are going to follow the same rules for EBII. RAM is the big winner. At the moment however, my computer that I bought for £400 (parts really, I put it together myself) plays our internal version with no slowdown at all. However most of the script isn't in yet, so that isn't a good indicator.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

I can run Med 2 Kingdoms ok if everything is turned down, with unit size on large.

The script is going to be the killer i suspect.

I can run M2TW Kingdoms not so ok with all settings turned high ... Yet I'll refuse to turn settings down.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

My computer (P4 6850, 2gb Ram, 8800 GTX/768mb) runs vanilla M2TW on super high settings better than EB1.1 on medium settings.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampir
    My computer (P4 6850, 2gb Ram, 8800 GTX/768mb) runs vanilla M2TW on super high settings better than EB1.1 on medium settings.
    This sounds like Vista...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by hellenes
    This sounds like Vista...
    No, it's XP.

I also get better performance with Oblivion than with Morrowind.

Probably has something to do with my 3d card settings or something.
    "I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." -Hamlet, II, ii

"Historians and others attempt to pin the tail on the reluctant monkey of change." -excerpt from a real college essay, from Ignorance is Blitz by Anders Henriksson

Quote Originally Posted by Dhampir
    No, it's XP.

I also get better performance with Oblivion than with Morrowind.

Probably has something to do with my 3d card settings or something.
    That's really wierd
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    My Greatest Victory(VH)