Thread: Almohad campaign AAR

Camel Lord Senior Member Capture The Flag Champion Martok's Avatar
    In my own little world....but it's okay, they know me there.

Default Almohad campaign AAR

For those of you who don't normally visit the Throne Roome, Timsup2nothin has started a thread there about his current Almo campaign. I highly recommend you all check it out -- this guy knows how tell a story.
    "MTW is not a game, it's a way of life." -- drone

Default Re: Almohad campaign AAR

An honor to be noted, especially with high praise...and a great convenienceto be linked...thank you!

For those who look here more than there and might miss it, part five posted today.

thanks.... i'm going to go read it right now

I seem to be holding myself pretty well to a consistent Friday deadline. Part VI up today.

Another excellent entry, Timsup2nothin. May Ismail I(?) overcome all obstacles and bring greater glory and prosperity to the Caliphate! (And may Amir abu Omar trouble your Caliph no more.)

Another Friday, another decade of life in the Caliphate documented. This seems a comfortable pace for me, as long as there are interested readers and I manage not to get my little empire stomped out of existence.

Yet another excellent piece of prose, mate! Writing this latest entry in your AAR from the perspective of Jean-marc D'albret (to his brother) was brilliantly well-done. bamff and Bregil would be proud.

I'm back! I missed last Friday without explanation, which is not my normal behavior. Family in town for the Memorial Day weekend cut into my time and access, and I got tied up trying to troubleshoot my newly acquired games with Stardock (direct download is very efficient....riiiiiight...).

Anyway, I have posted the latest from the land of the Caliph and hope you all enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin
    I'm back! I missed last Friday without explanation, which is not my normal behavior. Family in town for the Memorial Day weekend cut into my time and access, and I got tied up trying to troubleshoot my newly acquired games with Stardock (direct download is very efficient....riiiiiight...).
    Hey, we all understand about the holidays, man. I myself was gone this past weekend visiting family & friends back home, so I know where you're coming from.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Out of curiosity, which games did you buy from Stardock? (I'm a big fan of GalCiv 2.)

Quote Originally Posted by Timsup2nothin
    Anyway, I have posted the latest from the land of the Caliph and hope you all enjoy it.
    Another fine entry as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Martok
    Out of curiosity, which games did you buy from Stardock? (I'm a big fan of GalCiv 2.)
    Me too...and a strong believer in Stardock in principle, as it were. Which is why despite already having GC2 on a disk I bought a bundle pack with GC2, Dark Avatar, and Twilight of the Arnor. Download took one step shy of forever...archiving and moving to zip drive on my girlfriend's machine took the rest of forever...activation by e-mail for my off line game machine was a weird challenge...and Stardock tech support, bless their hard working hearts, has kicked my problem upstairs to the dev team. The expansions are still not working and no one can figure out why. I'm pretty sure if I dragged the box around and netted it the problem would be resolved, but we are all hoping to find it without doing that, since no one wants to say 'well, if you aren't using a machine hooked to the net you should not buy this'.

At any rate, (and I know this is all way off topic) the fully up to date GC2 I got is way better than my never updated disk version was, and I thought it was great. When the expansions are finally working I expect I'll be submerged for a while.

At least slightly on topic, this link will take you to one of the best stories set in a game world that I've read...on topic because it is an AAR, sort of, off topic because it is pretty far from the Almohad front.

The final chapter has been posted to From the Front Lines. A hallmark of good stories is that they do have an end, and I try to write good stories. It has been a pleasure to contribute something to this fine forum, and an honor to receive the comments I've been blessed with.

I have some other projects working, but nothing on a public forum right now. Well, nothing other than my MHWS work anyway. When I start something new I'll let anyone who is interested know.

Bravo, mate! A fine ending to a fine story. I look forward to the next time you do a campaign write-up, whenever that may be.

Misanthropos Member I of the Storm's Avatar

Me too! That was a really fine story and an interestingly unorthodox approach to a campaign story. Well done, Timsup2nothin !