Thread: Screenshots

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Default Screenshots

Is there a way to take out the cursor when you take a screenshot? Is there any program that, when you take a screenshot with it, the cursor doesn't show up?
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Default Re: Screenshots

I would suggest to simply put the cursor in the lower part of the screen, so it doesn't show in the action. I think the camera will pan if you put it completely down though.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I had just figured out how to make the entire battle screen appear in the entire picture and only the cursor is messing it up. So putting it in the lower part of the screen would still show the cursor.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.

Just put the cursor in the square radar map area at the top right of the screen...

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

or use PRNT SCRN, then tab off of EB and paste it into word. i think it removes the cursor b/c it does w/ MS Word.
    but dont take my word for it...
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 04-24-2008 at 12:44.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hooahguy
    or use PRNT SCRN, then tab off of EB and paste it into word. i think it removes the cursor b/c it does w/ MS Word.
    but dont take my word for it...
    That hasn't happened for me. If it doesn't work for someone else either, you could always look for a homogenous place in the picture where you can put the cursor, and then just paint it over with the colour the spot would've had if the cursor weren't there. The sky is both an obvious and good option for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    Just put the cursor in the square radar map area at the top right of the screen...
    You can get rid of that radar if you press F5. Get rid of the unit cards with F7. Then you'll have a whole screen of unobstructed slaughter, if the cursor wasn't there!
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Quote Originally Posted by Korlon
    You can get rid of that radar if you press F5. Get rid of the unit cards with F7. Then you'll have a whole screen of unobstructed slaughter, if the cursor wasn't there!
    If you put the cursor low enough it becomes pretty easy to crop it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Korlon
    You gotta be kidding me... I had no idea, and I've been playing this damn game for 4 years! Wow, I thought it was a new feature in M2 where you could completely remove those, or at least have the slide option.

Thanks for mentioning that korlon. Now I'll just have to let the regret sink in for all those thousands of screenshots that could have been thousands of times better...

EB Concept Artist Member fenix3279's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland
    You gotta be kidding me... I had no idea, and I've been playing this damn game for 4 years! Wow, I thought it was a new feature in M2 where you could completely remove those, or at least have the slide option.

Thanks for mentioning that korlon. Now I'll just have to let the regret sink in for all those thousands of screenshots that could have been thousands of times better...
    Hehe, yeah I know. I just learned that, myself. Surprised me too.
    My balloon collection

That which does not kill me makes me stronger ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

When you smoke the herb, it reveals to yourself ~ Bob Marley