Thread: CTD crashes invasio barbarorum!

The Chosen One Member Noddy The Beefy Egg's Avatar

Smile CTD crashes invasio barbarorum!

after the copyright screen, it crashes. what should i do?

On my titles, Kaiser means king in German. So i'm the king

SELLING PIRATINGS OF THIS VIDEOGAME WILL RESULT IN PUNISHMENT BY CRUSHING

Combustion Member beatoangelico's Avatar

Default Re: CTD crashes invasio barbarorum!

are you speaking of IBFD 7.03? If it crashes so early it may be an installation problem. Try to uninstall and reinstall and make sure that the DOS batch after the installation do everything right. Also remember to install over a clean 1.6 RTW installation, if there are some other mods that modify the vanilla file the installation becomes broken.

Question Re: CTD crashes invasio barbarorum!

I'm getting a CTD too. However, I am at the end of the game (nearly). Its the year 472. I "won" the game about eight or ten years ago (however many turns that is) as the West Romans, on "easy" settings -- it was my first adventure with this mod and I wanted to take it easy. I accomplished the victory conditions, but there was still plenty of "fight" in the game; the Saxons and British had become pretty powerful, the Ostrogoths were "a people in flight" as were the L'Akhmids, and the Sassanids were the most powerful faction.

BTW, where in the HELL did all those Ssassanid "panzer divisions" come from?? They never historically had that much super heavy cavalry!!! the game needs a patch to limit how much they can have -- maybe 20% of their total forces, or the AI goes berserk, which is really disappointing!

Anyway, as i say, i elected to "continue to play" and have been having fun fighting off the Huns (also very powerful) and going after the Sassanids (even though I am at war with the East Romans, I am trying to "help" them by weakening the Sassanids). I realize the game will terminate around the year 500 (after 300-odd turns), but what the hey!

However, i am being stymied and cheated out of the roughly 70-odd turns remaining, as all of a sudden and for no reason I can see, the game CdTD during the cycling for the next turn. I'm not sure on who's piece of the cycle yet.

Why?