Thread: OrgWriting Contest- Spring 2008 (place for comments of the readers)

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default OrgWriting Contest- Spring 2008 (place for comments of the readers)

Since I was so preoccupied that I could not write anything I decided to make a little service for the hardworking people who did. Well, all who want to comment can post here. Btw, it may be good idea the writers to post if they want to be commented or not.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    By the way I've reached to the second story but hopefully will read all until tomorrow. Not that I'm an expert.
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 04-24-2008 at 13:29.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default Re: OrgWriting Contest- Spring 2008 (place for comments of the readers)

Because I'm one of the judges I can't say too much. But I did want to say Well Done to everyone who entered. There are some great entries, and deciding amongst them is a real challenge.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Results are up! Comments/congrats/hatred (within rules ) can be posted in this thread.

Again, congrats to all involved. You have no idea how hard it was to pick two winners (a cliche, but true).

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

congratz for the winner and runner up.

too bad i missed the deadline :P

We do not sow.

One question for everyone who wrote: did you find the topic restraining you? Helping you along? Was it too narrow? Too broad? Too green?

I would have liked for mine to be more dark, with a sadder ending. I hated my ending personally, but I wanted to do the topic.

I liked the topic personally; it could have many connotations and did indeed as the writing proved. Also I like having a reserve on the word limit, it really gets you to focus.

MTW Modder and Supporter Member Aenarion's Avatar

Yes me too. The topic helped me focus on one subject and not diverge into other different or more complex things. It helped me to stay on track with a single story line.
    Silmarillion:TotalWar -A modification for MTW:VI
    Pls visit our website at: Silmarillion Mod
    And our Silmarillion Topic
    Modding Links:
    Alchemist Lab and Repository

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

even though i missed the deadline, i did wrote a story... i say the topic was fine, broad enough to get diverse interpretations and stories but also narrow enough to avoid too much difference in which case it would be really hard for the judges to decide.

We do not sow.

OK thanks all. I've seen a couple of one-word subjects that were very difficult to write towards, either because they were so huge they didn't give any direction ("war") or they were so limiting as to be comical ("antidisestablishmentarianism") (and yes, I personally skewered the person who came up with that last)