Thread: The Apocalypse is Near

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Default The Apocalypse is Near

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080424/...l_palestinians

I never imagined the US, Great Britain, and France walking together on anything. This just blows my historically oriented mind away. I...I need moment...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    UNITED NATIONS - Libya's deputy ambassador to the United Nations confirmed Thursday that he compared the situation in Gaza to Nazi concentration camps, but toughened his language and said matters are actually "worse" in Gaza.

Ibrahim Dabbashi said Wednesday during a closed Security Council meeting that the situation in Gaza is as bad as concentration camps in Nazi Germany, according to diplomats present. The remarks led the United States, Britain, France and others to walk out, a rare protest by members of the U.N.'s most powerful body against one of their own members.
    Last edited by Vladimir; 04-25-2008 at 13:19.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default Re: The Apocalypse is Near

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080424/...l_palestinians

I never imagined the US, Great Britain, and France walking together on anything. This just blows my historically oriented mind away. I...I need moment...

UNITED NATIONS - Libya's deputy ambassador to the United Nations confirmed Thursday that he compared the situation in Gaza to Nazi concentration camps, but toughened his language and said matters are actually "worse" in Gaza.

Ibrahim Dabbashi said Wednesday during a closed Security Council meeting that the situation in Gaza is as bad as concentration camps in Nazi Germany, according to diplomats present. The remarks led the United States, Britain, France and others to walk out, a rare protest by members of the U.N.'s most powerful body against one of their own members.
    Who would have thought that the UN was holding a Moron-a-thon this close to the olympics?

It is pointless to listen to anything coming out of that festering pile.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Action against hyperbole is paramount. Let us unite against exaggeration. Allow no overstatement to stand unchallenged. By God and his Angels we will not let bad grammar pass for we are the Victors of Vernacularity!

We don't give a rat's patuckus if the people of Gaza/Darfur/Rwanda/anywhere are slaughtered, but that, of course, is a lesser matter.

Long live the Alliance!
    Unto each good man a good dog

Quote Originally Posted by Beirut
    Action against hyperbole is paramount. Let us unite against exaggeration. Allow no overstatement to stand unchallenged. By God and his Angels we will not let bad grammar pass for we are the Victors of Vernacularity!

We don't give a rat's patuckus if the people of Gaza/Darfur/Rwanda/anywhere are slaughtered, but that, of course, is a lesser matter.

Long live the Alliance!
    Here here!

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Down with dried flowers!

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

So as long as its not as bad as the Holocaust then its OK?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr
    So as long as its not as bad as the Holocaust then its OK?
    One needs to polarize, everything is so much funnier then.
    Last edited by Viking; 04-25-2008 at 13:54.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Who is saying that it is ok?

Who is saying that darfur/rwanda/etc are ok?
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 04-25-2008 at 14:02.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This is outrageous , that was a dumb comparrison , he should have compared them to the Nazi run ghetto instead .
    Then again that Wolff shows himself to be a dumb prick , is he a Bush appointee or do they just share the same IQ

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Why are you guys always thinking the worst of other people? As if anybody was listening to the speaker in front during yet another boring meeting. Who pays attention to what is said during a meeting anyway?

Maybe they just walked out because they were hungry and the fries were ready?
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Funny guy, he should talk to Dinnerjacket and learn that those camps never existed so basically it can't be that bad in Ghaza anyway.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Why are you guys always thinking the worst of other people? As if anybody was listening to the speaker in front during yet another boring meeting. Who pays attention to what is said during a meeting anyway?

Maybe they just walked out because they were hungry and the fries were ready?
    Then there would be a fight over Freedom vs. French Fries vs. Chips!

Down with dried flowers!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff

I was thinking of Gaza.
    Last edited by Viking; 04-25-2008 at 17:30.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff

Well they don't seem to be taking them too seriously if everyone just walks out because Ibrahim Dabbashi made a slightly insensitive remark.

They should stop huffing and get on with actually trying to sort the issue.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Friend of Lady Luck Member Mooks's Avatar

I wonder how much research that the guy has actually put into knowing what concentration camps were about. My guess is very little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furunculus View Post
    i love the idea that angsty-teens can get so spazzed out by computer games that they try to rage-rape themselves with a remote.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Was the guy making a big statement or just this little contraversial bit, we should be working with them to sort out the issue rather than trying to define it, the guy overexagerated his point, people mention the nazis all the time in political argument (see theres another mention) although hes obviously wrong.

Its nice UK, USA and france can all agree on something, next time it may even be constructive or helpful....
    Last edited by LittleGrizzly; 04-29-2008 at 00:39.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

I thought Tony was sorting it all out with, like, ya know, getting the guys to be nicer to each other!
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."