Thread: descr_strat

Default descr_strat

i know in the the original RTW you can edit the data by going to the file, descr_strat, can i do the same with the EB?

Default Re: descr_strat

Yes, different path but the same things apply:

[Your RTW]\EB\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat is AFAIK the full path to the file you can edit.

Note that changes are not save-game compatible; and that they require a new map.rwm be generated. (Which you therefore will need to copy to the sp edu game backup folder; which therefore requires you to back up that file first in case something goes wrong.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Or better yet, just delete the one from the sp edu backup folder, since it's only going to be a constant annoyance as you're editing the strat.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Which will trigger a constant annoying error message...

... and will make life a lil' less happy when you also plan on actually using the Multiplayer EDU...

... In short: I consider that A Bad Idea.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Fair enough, the only time I ever use the mp script are the occasions I feel like testing stuff out in Custom Battle. Otherwise I only play single player.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR