Thread: Questions re EB 1.1

Default Questions re EB 1.1

Dear forum,

I Have a few questions with reference to the following features in EB 1.1:

- When I conquer a settlement/city, the option "exterminate populace" does not appear any more; is this a bug or is it projected?

- When I build a regional MIC, the unit "Freed Slaves" appears in the roster of the buildable units. What is the purpose of those "Freed Slaves"?

- I recently conquered Massilia in my Roman campaign and built a Type 4 government in order to recruit Neitos and Brihentin (regional MIC 5); accordingly, a "puppet ruler" was generated, namely a "Celtic Lesser King" (who, by the way, has more influence points than most of my family members). But this "puppet ruler" has the appearance of a roman general, but not of a celtic peer. Is this a bug?

Thank you in advance for your answers-

Marcel

Default Re: Questions re EB 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel87
    Dear forum,

I Have a few questions with reference to the following features in EB 1.1:

- When I conquer a settlement/city, the option "exterminate populace" does not appear any more; is this a bug or is it projected?

- When I build a regional MIC, the unit "Freed Slaves" appears in the roster of the buildable units. What is the purpose of those "Freed Slaves"?

- I recently conquered Massilia in my Roman campaign and built a Type 4 government in order to recruit Neitos and Brihentin (regional MIC 5); accordingly, a "puppet ruler" was generated, namely a "Celtic Lesser King" (who, by the way, has more influence points than most of my family members). But this "puppet ruler" has the appearance of a roman general, but not of a celtic peer. Is this a bug?

Thank you in advance for your answers-

Marcel
    1) it's projected
    2) they will appear if the settlement revolts
    3) dunno
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

EB 1.1 changed the names of the options. What you see as enslave is exterminate. Expel is enslave. Occupy is, well, occupy. There's no real difference otherwise.

That is so that if the settlement revolts, it may generate some troops as a garrison. You see, the game is prone to crash if a settlement revolts and there aren't any troops available to be recruited when the target faction gets it. This is a fix for such a thing.

I don't believe so. I think that's just how it's supposed to be, though I'm not one hundred percent sure.
    Last edited by Korlon; 04-27-2008 at 12:04.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Concerning question 3. Any general that joins your faction, either through game mechanics (marriage, adoption, birth) or through the script (such as for the puppet rulers in Type IV govs) are randomly assigned a portrait from your faction's culture set. If you are the romans, then all generals that join your faction will be romans - ethnicity is something that we added into the game and it cannot control the portrait a general gets.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thank you for your quick replies!

Regards,
    Marcel