Poll: Favourite BI Faction

Thread: Favourite BI faction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Default Favourite BI faction

I’ve seen many polls about favourite Rome: TW faction. But not any about BI. So what’s your favourite BI faction in the game?

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

Default Re: Favourite BI faction

I was drawn to Celts and Berbers but i prefer Berbers because of their desert infantry and their position on the map. The Celts only have one tuned up settlement which is on ireland while the Berbers have more space and own west Africa.

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

Post Re: Favourite BI faction

I'd probably say the ERE - varying unit roster and strong enemies from both the West (WRE), they seem to recover from their initial economic turmoil quickly under the AI, and the East (Sasanids).

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Deranged rock ape Member Quirinus's Avatar

I have three favourite factions: the ERE, the Franks and the Romano-British. I don't usually like playing barbarian factions, but the Franks have a special place in my regard because it's my first successful RTW campaign ever (I bought both RTW and BI together and played BI first).

The ERE and the Romano-British are both fun factions (they're Roman), but I like Romano-British slightly better because I'd rather start with a small territory and build an empire from the ground up, as opposed to defending an already huge empire.
    WARNING! This baseline signature should never appear on screen!

Member Member Bartholemew-Varath's Avatar

I cant vote in the poll, so ill just post it here,my favourite faction has to be the Saxons. I can't explain why, they just are. I think its something to do with the fact that they invaded England, but im not entirely sure...

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew-Varath
    I cant vote in the poll, so ill just post it here,my favourite faction has to be the Saxons. I can't explain why, they just are. I think its something to do with the fact that they invaded England, but im not entirely sure...
    You can’t vote because you’re currently a junior member, only members could vote in polls. Saxons have possibly the best infantry in the game. Although their cavalry and missile does tend to suck a bit.

My favourite faction has to be Eastern Roman Empire. Possibly the best army rooster in the game. Although they boast the better cavalry of the two Roman Empires I often found their heavy Kataphractoi and the other one to be less practical than Samartian Auxilia, requiring Circus Maximus to train. Infantry wise lacking the valuable Auxilia Palatina and Pavatourii, but they’re able to recruit Eastern archers, which is a big advantage. And Carriage Balista, which is almost like cheating. Strategically there’s no doubt Eastern Roman is the easier faction to play as (compared to the West), far superior in wealth, and more importantly much more politically and religiously stable. Most of the settlements pretty much settles well after building Christian buildings.

Other wise I really like the Franks, superior technology compared against the rest of Barbarian factions and Steppes. Very good army rooster. Western Roman Empire has also got an excellent army rooster, but there starting point is even worse than the Seleucids.

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.JC View Post
    You can’t vote because you’re currently a junior member, only members could vote in polls. Saxons have possibly the best infantry in the game. Although their cavalry and missile does tend to suck a bit.

My favourite faction has to be Eastern Roman Empire. Possibly the best army rooster in the game. Although they boast the better cavalry of the two Roman Empires I often found their heavy Kataphractoi and the other one to be less practical than Samartian Auxilia, requiring Circus Maximus to train. Infantry wise lacking the valuable Auxilia Palatina and Pavatourii, but they’re able to recruit Eastern archers, which is a big advantage. And Carriage Balista, which is almost like cheating. Strategically there’s no doubt Eastern Roman is the easier faction to play as (compared to the West), far superior in wealth, and more importantly much more politically and religiously stable. Most of the settlements pretty much settles well after building Christian buildings.

Other wise I really like the Franks, superior technology compared against the rest of Barbarian factions and Steppes. Very good army rooster. Western Roman Empire has also got an excellent army rooster, but there starting point is even worse than the Seleucids.
    I choose the Western Roman Empire, the true Romans, I also prefer to have Rome under my control than "Constantinople". Western= Real Romans :D. But seriously, Once you figure how to fix your starting positions, WRE is really fun. Of course I like being challenged.

Revolutionary Member The New Che Guevara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus.JC View Post
    My favourite faction has to be Eastern Roman Empire. Possibly the best army rooster in the game.
    I can imaghine the hordes of men scared to death by the crowing of the eastern roman rooster.

As for factions, I've played as the huns, and i dont think I like hording... I ended up removing everyone from their homes... I prefer factions that setlle down and thereby get a decent income. I've played as the Sassanids and won the game... I like the use of horse archers, but the weak heavy cavalry and the limited supply of elephants is annoying. I essentially destroyed the Eastern Roman Empire by Sending Elephants down the streets... such fun...
    The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggle. The workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to gain. Workers of the world, UNITE! - Karl Marx, The Communist Manifesto