Thread: Help with CTD for KH

Default Help with CTD for KH

Can someone please help me?? I am suffering from a CTD with my KH campaign, have got to about 170 BC, conquered most of Persia and only have 2-3 more cities to take to complete the game.

Version is 1.0
    No unofficial mods used
    Have tried all fixes
    Have crashed several times after several restarts
    No cities look like they are going to rebel
    Have disbanded the armies in the west of the Egypt region (this area had caused me problems in past versions of the game) but this did not stop the CTD.
    Game has been stable to date (only had maybe 3 CTD with this campaign prior to this problem, all were one-offs).
    The CTD occurs after pressing the turn counter some time during/after the Romani's turn (they attack one of my sea units, soon after the game crashes - it appears to be always at the same point).

The save game file is at:
    http://www.axifile.com?6772209

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Help with CTD for KH

I would try to take control over the Romani and see if you can do something differently to circumvent the crash, then take back control over your own faction. You could also try to teleport an army around and smack their forces, seems to have worked with some Casse problems earlier at least.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

How do I swap factions (and then swap bck again) in EB 1.0?

You need to add a command to take over control to EBBS. I *think* it is:

console_command control seleucid (yes, seleucid means Romani, don't ask...)

Run the script and get to the Romani turn. Save the game in a new slot before doing anything. When you've done stuff to circumvent the crash, save the game in a new slot and end turn. You may have to try various stuff until you've got past the crash, for instance canceling construction and recruitment or moving some armies away from where they've been causing problems.

When you do get past the crash, don't save but quit the game. Change the EBBS again and make it say:

console_command control greek_cities

Reload the game where you did whatever fixed the problem. Load the script and resume control over your own faction.

Finally remove or comment out the command you added to EBBS.
    Last edited by bovi; 04-29-2008 at 02:54.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Is the EBBS easy to find (i.e. is it in a text document by that name)? I do not have access to my EB computer at work :(

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

It's in your \EB\Data\scripts\show_me folder. Pretty easy to find.

And Bovi, can you just put that command anywhere?
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Pretty much anywhere except inside a trigger. Line 2 is as good a place as any.

================
    ================

Thanks for the advice - I hope that it works.

Just one point - why do I not save the game after getting past the crash? Or should I save the game and then quit at that point (to edit the code)? (i.e. was it meant that I should not keep on playing turn after turn with the edited script)?

I don't understand how the problem will be resolved if I do not save the game post crash.

Basically because you wouldn't want to have left your empire in the hands of the AI for longer than necessary. Feel free to save at every point you'd like.

================
    ================