Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

Default Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

This is insane.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7369851.stm

24 freakin' years. Coupled with incest. And locking up three of the kids that was made too.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Gentis Daciae Member Cronos Impera's Avatar

Default Re: Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

Now that Emir Kusturita movie really made sense, the one with that communist leader having his community locked in his basement for 20 years, producing weapons for civil wars and such.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114787/
    And that chimp didn't even age.
    So what you have here isn't as cool as it could have been.
    Last edited by Cronos Impera; 04-28-2008 at 09:56.
    " If you don't want me, I want you! Alexandru Lapusneanul"
    "They are a stupid mob, but neverless they are a mob! Alexandru Lapusneanul"

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Default Re: Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

Sigh, those Austrians again...

Good thing the austrians don't have the death penalty.

This guy deserves to drop his soap in the prison shower every day for the rest of his life, not a quick death.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

How do people get so broken in the head?
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

His wife Rosemarie had allegedly not been aware of what was going on.
    Hmmm... Either the father is the bloody Scarlet Pimpernel, or someone's pants are on fire here. How on earth would you not be aware of the fact that there are seven people locked in your basement?!
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

This is absolutely sick and depressing to insanity when it comes to mind.

Second similar case from Austria. What the hell is going on there ?

I wish for a quick recovery for Elisabeth Fritzl. Shall she have a beautiful life from now on after all this agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax
    Hmmm... Either the father is the bloody Scarlet Pimpernel, or someone's pants are on fire here. How on earth would you not be aware of the fact that there are seven people locked in your basement?!
    The mother is told to have lost her mental order.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

What is this Austrian obsession with locking young girls in basements for years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

A very, very Senior Member Adrian II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    Second similar case from Austria. What the hell is going on there ?
    Used to be Belgian second-hand care salesmen that had all the cellars and child abuse and stuff. Then it was Roman Catholic clergy in the U.S., now it's Austrian technicians. Goes to show, em, nothing at all really.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

This is a new case? All I heard on the news was something about father locking daughter in basement in Austria and I thought it must be to do with that case I heard about ages ago. Can't believe this is a completely new case, it never rains but it pours doesn't it?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Just thinking out loud here: age 72 = born 1936. As a child watched his country go from thrilling victory to ignomious defeat, the humiliating revelations of Nuremburg, very real "Red Scare"s, the implied complicity of the Austrian populace... I wonder if we'll find out he was some sort of survivalist, building his own tribe.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    I wonder if we'll find out he was some sort of survivalist, building his own tribe.
    It's Austria, not Texas!
    Though that's a brillliant story line for a novel you sketched: Austrian breeds new underground race to escape from upstairs superrace.

EDIT
    And you may be onto something there. I read a British foreign correspondent's column today that claims that this case and the Kampusch case are not the only instances of Austrian children being locked up by parents or foster parents. There have been several more over the past two decades and one child was even kept in a coffin for years before being "discovered".

"Questions are now being asked as to whether these cases are a symptom of a rich, self-satisfied society as commentators are asking across Austria's press today. A society in which people fail to question what is happening next door, as long as their own lives are happy and intact. It is also a society that, as the Guardian's former diplomatic editor Hella Pick has pointed out in her book Guilty Victim, has a very dark side. For years, it used slick marketing skills - promoting its mountains and Mozart - and the title conveniently given to it by the allies as "Hitler's first victim" to avoid confronting the central role it played in the Holocaust. One should be wary of taking this parallel too far, but this country knows and has ingested the rules of how to cover up."

A bit far-fetched maybe, but so is this whole case.
    Last edited by Adrian II; 04-28-2008 at 18:16.
    The bloody trouble is we are only alive when we’re half dead trying to get a paragraph right. - Paul Scott

I just watched this live on the BBC. Police were really open about the whole thing. Anyone hear about the status of the original mother/daughter?

Austria was always strange country for me. But not its ridiculus.
    He locked his daughter into basement, told his wife that she disappeared.
    Told same police. And everyone trusted him.

1) What have done his wife. Are women really so stupid? Didn't she ever went to basement? Or maybe she took part.
    2) What have done police? Were they so stupid not to check?
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Krook, your sig stinks to high heaven.

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Default AW: Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

What the Hell?!?! Why would someone do this?

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Pretty sick individual. Pretty bloody sick.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    GARCIN: I died too soon. I wasn't allowed time to - to do my deeds.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Jean Paul Sartre - No Exit 1944

Default Re: AW: Bloody hell. Father locking his daughter in the basement for 24 years

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla
    What the Hell?!?! Why would someone do this?
    Yeah well, it is tempting to find some political explanation, but I guess some people are just messed up and that's it. But why did it remain undetected for so long? That's what must be bothering most over there.

It turned out that in the Kampusch case the police had the identity and car registration number of the kidnapper and could have nailed him within weeks, if not days. How about that.

Austria was always strange country for me.
    For you everywhere is always strange apart from

POLAND

I can't help echoing Tribeseymansey.

hmm... very very sick... i am just wondering how he managed to keep all 4 of them in control... i mean, surely, they would have tried to escape or at the least make noises...

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Second similar case from Austria. Very strange.

Still no pattern to explain - there is nothing in Austria which could explain that strange sequence of similar, horrid incidents.

Their internal security seemed shattered when he spoke about it in Warsaw today. Certainly a bad time for Austria - people will recall the previous case for sure.

@to some guys here

Please do not engage in personal arguments. Still I have learnt from my experience that discussing certain subjects here with some people is an exceptionally large waste of time of time and effort - use PMs for that otherwise you will only obscure a different discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes
    hmm... very very sick... i am just wondering how he managed to keep all 4 of them in control... i mean, surely, they would have tried to escape or at the least make noises...
    He kept them in a secure space, with one entrance which had some form of coded lock on it, hidden behind shelves. He was pretty thorough.
    GARCIN: I "dreamt," you say. It was no dream. When I chose the hardest path, I made my choice deliberately. A man is what he wills himself to be.
    INEZ: Prove it. Prove it was no dream. It's what one does, and nothing else, that shows the stuff one's made of.
    INEZ: One always dies too soon - or too late. And yet one's whole life is complete at that moment, with a line drawn neatly under it, ready for the summing up. You are - your life, and nothing else.

Good god, what a monster. As was already mentioned, this kind of man transcends the death penalty and should bear enduring torture for the rest of his life at the hands of sexually depraved inmates, even then that's not half of the torture he dealt those 7 people.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

He should have just gotten a Realdoll.

What a freak show. I find it hard to believe that the wife wouldn't go into the basement in 20 some odd years.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Apparently there will be a connection between both crimes.

The victim of the previous case Natascha Kampusch offered to help to the woman and her children.

Perhaps it is the best idea I have heard about this till right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed
    Good god, what a monster. As was already mentioned, this kind of man transcends the death penalty and should bear enduring torture for the rest of his life at the hands of sexually depraved inmates, even then that's not half of the torture he dealt those 7 people.
    Hold on to your horses, don't get ahead of yourself.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDeadThanRed
    The man should be incarcerated for the remainder of his life (penal/mental institution). He obviously constitutes a threat to others.

Torture is not justified, morally, as a form of punishment. To use it demeans the society condoning same and the individuals involved.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast