Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

Default Re: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

He's not that close ;)
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Finally I managed to read trough all since I had left up. Simply great

This new Basileus seems to be the start of an interresting part in the history of Makedoni.

Keep up the good work
    “Save us, o Lord, from the arrows of the Magyars.” - A prayer from the 10th century.

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

I have a bad feeling about this...
    Last edited by the man with no name; 10-07-2009 at 00:58.
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

I've been following this AAR since the beginning and it's still brilliant.
    Let's hope for a successful reign of the new Basileus!

RABO! Member Brave Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Discovered this about a week ago and I've finally caught up. Great job!!!

Makes not only for an excellent AAR but creates its own alternate history of the world.

Now just go and create a new language created from Greek and Persian influences and you'll be on the same level as Tolkien.
    Last edited by Brave Brave Sir Robin; 10-16-2009 at 18:59.
    From Frontline for fixing siege towers of death
    x30 From mikepettytw for showing how to edit in game text.
    From Brennus for wit.

Βασιλευς και Αυτοκρατωρ Αρχης Member Centurio Nixalsverdrus's Avatar

What's going on here? Me and a lot of ppl are yearning for news about the Pyrrhids!

Totally agree Centurio!
    Exegi monumentum aere perennius
    Regalique situ pyramidum altius
    Non omnis moriar

- Quintus Horatius Flaccus

Member Member the man with no name's Avatar

Ya seriously
    My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2 View Post

Steppe battles are very long, but the wars are short.

Infantry battles aren't as long, but the wars are much longer.

-gamegeek2
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Julii

Sure do, this AAR is passing into legend.

The Caravel Mod: a (very much) improvedvanilla MTW/VI v2.1 early campaign

Please make sure you have the latest version (v3.3)
    Since v3.3 the Caravel Mod includes customised campaigns for huge and default unit settings

Download v3.3
    Info & Discussion Thread

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Thanks for the continued interest. Sorry I haven't updated lately. I started my final year at university and I've been busier than other years. I'm also taking a history class on the Islamic Middle East and I've had the urge to play Broken Crescent in the little time I do have for games. Additionally, I bought Dragon Age a week ago and have been spending my free time in the last week playing that.

I have played this campaign for another five or so years and have enough content for three or four chapters, but there hasn't been much fighting. I seem to have achieved an era of peace. Although there have been some interesting developments that I can role play for a decent story. I have a half of a chapter written up from about a month ago. I think I'll just use that half chapter, finish it up, and make a short chapter to post today or tomorrow. It doesn't really have any interesting content though.

I noticed that I haven't even commented my AAR threads since I last posted a chapter, so I'd like to just say thanks to everyone who has been reading, new and old. Also, thanks for the comments and support.

In other news, since I last posted my AAR (including original thread) has passed its second anniversary. I've been writing about this empire for two years now.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: The Pyrrhic Dynasty : A Makedonian AAR

Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Chapter 135 : Forgotten by Some

In the last years of the reign of Basileus Philippos V and the early years of the reign of Basileus Antigonos III, the Arche enjoyed and era of peace. Ever since the peace agreement with Persia had been agreed to, there had been no major wars fought by the soldiers of Hellas. This was not an era of absolute peace for everyone across the Arche, however. In far flung corners of the Arche there were riots and rebellions, mostly kept in check by large garrisons that not only guarded the borders from invasion but also from secession. There were bandits and brigands in poorly governed provinces, though the reforms of Philippos V had almost completely removed them from Hellas, Anatolia, and Syria. There were border skirmishes with barbarian raiders and tiny tribes, but these were a constant problem along any empire with a barbarian frontier. There were even wars being fought against the Arche, but these were so small that they were largely ignored in Hellas.

Iberia suffered from all these problems with troubles that seemed to only grow by the day. The Keltoi along the northern borders of the Arche were discontent by Hellenistic rule, but due to large border garrisons did not openly rebel like the Iberians. The north-western coasts of Africa were newly conquered and discontent, as well as suffering from invasions by the Numidian Kingdom. The most heated war was also the most ignored war. This was the war in Arabia.

When the Makedonian Civil War ended, the Arab tribes along the southern edge of Mesopotamia and Syria became an ever growing problem. Although loosely united under the banner of the Sab'yn Kingdom, these tribes were easily turned to the side of the Arche once Sab'yn envoys garrisons had been expelled. Several client kingdoms had been established in Arabia shortly after the Makedonian Civil War, but as the First Persian War drew the attention of the Arche, the Sab'yn Kingdom revived and rebuilt. One by one the client kingdoms fell and the Sab'yn Empire was reestablished.

In Syria an army was assembled and placed under the command of a minor noble named Aidesios Thermaios. They were to march south and to save the city of Carna but were too late to save the city. Unable to save the southern clients and unwilling to retake those cities alone, General Thermaios camped his army in the small trade city of Macoraba, attempting to hold onto the western coasts of Arabia.

These regions were not suited to feed and supply an army of this size, however. Soon food, supplies, and morale were nearly depleted. Aidesios Thermaios sent requests for aid but the leaders in Hellas simply wished to ignore this distant war. The army took what they needed from the locals, but there was not enough and this only angered the people of the surrounding towns and oasis.

When the armies of southern Arabia arrived to take the city, General Thermaios decided to march out against them. The Sab'yn army expected a long siege of the city and a forced surrender. They were not prepared for General Thermaios to sally forth. He knew if he could surprise the Sab'yn army and chase them from the field, he could capture their baggage train and maybe get enough attention from Hellas to get support.

The army of the Arche marched from the city unopposed. They took the battlefield and slowly marched toward the Sabaean army. To test the lines, the Sabaeans sent skirmisher cavalry forward and threw their spears. The cavalry seemed surprised to receive a volley of spears in return from the Thermaios' army.

The skirmishing did not last long. The Sab'yn cavalry withdrew and formed a line just in front of their infanrty. Slowly the army of the Arche marched forward to confront them. Just as they drew close, a great wind came up and filled the air with sand and dirt.

Not letting this distraction go to waste, General Thermaios immediately ordered his light infantry to charge forward and into the Sabaean cavalry.

With the cavalry disorganized and pinned down, they lost any advantage they might have had and began to fall to spears of the light infantry. Seeing their cavalry falling, the Sabaean infantry charged forward and attacked the Arche's light infantry. General Thermaios held back his men long enough for the Sabaean infantry to begin to tire. Then as his own light infantry began to falter, General Thermaios ordered the center of his line to charge forward. The native thorakitai infantry charged in and slew horse and man alike.

As the battle drew on, the center of the Sabaean line began to be pushed back. Soon the battle lines took the shape of an arch, with most of the fighting on either side. General Thermaios personally moved to the center of this arch so that he might encourage his men to fight on.

When the center of the Sabaean line broke, those thorakitai fighting in the center moved around the rear of the Sabaean troops on either side of the line, enveloping them in two separate places.

General Thermaios ordered his cavalry to give chase to the retreating Sabaean troops through the gap in the line. They chased down the Sabaean infantry and charged forward to capture the Sabaean baggage train just beyond the battlefield.

When the Sabaean general fell, all those fighting around him surrendered or fled, leaving only one small pocket of fighting. The full force of the Arche's army easily crushed them and took the battlefield.

General Thermaios managed to win the battle, destroy an enemy army, capture their supplies, and defend the city of Macoraba. The victory and supplies improved the moral of the troops for a short time. Never fond of the southern Arabians, even the people of Macoraba were happy with the victory. Their happiness did not last long. The occupation of the city continued and discontentment continued to grew in the city, the camp, and between them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The known world during the third year of the reign of Basileus Antigonos III (126BC):

Next: Chapter 136 : The King's Son

Yay! That's a great day for me, first I destroyed the Sabeans today and now I can read of your war against them. Keep this up if you can spare the time please.

Finally!
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Great!
    Non omnis moriar

Thanks for reading. The next chapter has a lot of developments in the royal family. However, the era of peace continues, so there isn't much combat to fill out the AAR content. The next chapter may be short or text heavy, depending what all I manage to add to the story of the royal family.

It's the greatest moments of your AAR when you describe policy and such, not the battles, imho.

Yeah, I'll admit that my battle reviews tend to be pretty dry. Although battles tend to fill out the AAR.

Chapter 136 : The King's Son

The third and fourth years of the reign of Basileus Antigonos III (126-125BC) were important years for changes in the royal family of Makedonia. The family had many branches who claimed descent from Antigonos I and Demetrios I, but some had died out or were disappearing. Only two could claim descent from Antigonos II. One was by direct male descent and one was descended from Demetrios II Megas.

That winter tragedy hit the most distant branch of the family, who were descended of Antigonos II through one of his sons, other than Demetrios II Megas. In the lands north of the Pontos Euxinos, Anaxagoras died quietly in his sleep. His death left his son the sole surviving man who could claim direct male descent from Antigonos II.

Not even the Demetrids could claim direct male descent from Antigonos II, seeing as they were descended from Antigone (the daughter of Bykoli) and Pefkolaos of Thraikia. The Demetrid line has slowly continued, oddly having only having one son per generation. Euktimenos, who had claimed to be Basileus when he was a boy, still lived. His son Synlekteinos "the Untrustworthy" managed to continue the Demetrid line when his wife gave him a son, Hylaios.

This was not good news everywhere it was received. Many, including the Pyrrhid family wished to see an end to the Demetrid line that would not require another war. However, this news did not draw attention for long. At nearly the same time, Basileus Alypios Antigonos III was given a second son. The boy was named Euphrillos and immediately became the second in line to the throne.

That same eventful year for the family, his older brother, the first prince and heir, Hippostratos, took his first steps toward manhood.

He had spent most of his life in Athenai, but at the age of sixteen Hippostratos was sent from the schools of Athenai to Alexandreia in Aigyptos. There he was to study with the great master who collected and maintained a vast amount of knowledge in that city.

With Hippostratos to Aigyptos came many servants and guards. Most prominent amongst them was the nanny who raised him when he was a child in Athenai and the leader of his guards. The captain of his guard was an old Nubian man who has started out as a common soldier and worked his way up to become the captain of the guards for the heir to the throne. It had been this man who had taught Hippostratos to fight and was almost like a second father to him.

Hippostratos was a smart and energetic person. He worshiped the gods and believe in doing what was right. He was a decent leader and could influence people, but he greatly lacked a certain something. Like his father, he had very little charisma. However, unlike his father, he understood how to manage the details of an army and how to run a city or empire. In less than a year of study at Alexandreia, Hippostratos nearly became an expert at the art of management.

At the Library of Alexandreia, Hippostratos studied things such as mathematics, debate, and philosophy, but he sought to lead men into battle like his father (Antigonos III), his grandfather (Philippos V), and his great-grandfather (Pyrrhos II) had done. Soon an opportunity would arise.

A year after arriving in Aigyptos, Hippostratos was joined by his father's cousin, a man a year younger than himself. Two of Hippostratos' great-uncles had been given children late in their lives. These two men were younger than Hippostratos but actually a generation before him. Hippostratos met the first, Theophilos (fifth in line to the throne), for the first time in Alexandreia, where they both were studying.

While Hippostratos studied in Alexandreia that first year, his father continued to rule from the city of Athenai. Basileus Alypios Antigonos III was a good leader of men and armies, but he simply could not rule an empire like his father. The Council of Elders in Athenai, representatives from all of Hellas, continued to take up more tasks and gain power at the cost of the Basileus.

During this time, a massive earthquake hit the island of Kypros. Thousands died and tens of thousands were homeless. The Council of Elders quickly sent aid to the island and began the task of rebuilding. Fortunately, from a fiscal point of view, the damages were restricted mainly to loss of life.

News came to Athenai that concerned the Basileus. Reports came of the collapse of the Arverni Kingdom in Gallia. The Arverni tribe had lost the confidence of her allies and her loose alliance had fallen before a confederation of tribes headed by the Aedui. Although the Aedui were not and had never been enemies of the Arche, the Arverni were allies of the Arche. Although the Basileus was concerned for the Arverni, the true fear was that of a unified Gallia, if only loosely. The Arverni continued to fight on, though separated from her few remaining allies.

Far from Gallia, purposely ignored by both the Basileus and Council of Elders, the war between the Kingdom of Sab'yn and the Arche's allies in Arabia continued. The garrison at Macoraba had bought themselves another year or two, but the Sabaeans were determined to dislodge the garrison from Arabia. With the bulk of their army, they surprised the Hellenes and Syrians at Macoraba by marching a mass of men through the desert and toward the city.

In the east, as well, the Kingdom of Sab'yn was marching to war. With a much smaller force, the Sabaeans marched against the Arche's important ally in Maka. This ally was much more vital to trade than cities like Umar, Carna, and Macoraba and the Arche might be willing to fight to defend them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The known world during the fourth year of the reign of Basileus Antigonos III (125BC):

Next: Chapter 137 : Rebellion in Egypt

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

I haven't said this in ages:

ALL HAIL MAKEDONIA!!!!

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

I never said your battles were dry ;) Great update, and All Hail Makedonia, of course.

Love it! (and your battle reports!)

Good that Hippostratos turned out to be quite a good ruler.
    Last edited by Horatius Flaccus; 12-04-2009 at 20:36.
    Non omnis moriar

Thanks for reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Nixalsverdrus View Post
    I never said your battles were dry ;)
    No, but others have and I agree most of the time. Sometimes I just don't put enough effort into writing about battles. I prefer writing about more complex developments in the royal family or the dynamics behind a war, and it shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatius Flaccus View Post
    Good that Hippostratos turned out to be quite a good ruler.
    Yes, he turned out pretty good, though lacking charisma and optimism. Too bad his father, the Basileus, is falling apart. He has no 'Management' and is slowly loosing his 'Influence'. He's becoming one of those old crazy family members early. Nice opportunity for roleplaying for the AAR, though.

I've been contemplating whether to continue this or not for about a week now and have decided that I'll continue and see if anyone is still going to read it. I have decided to continue playing the campaign, and I have about three chapters worth of content ready to go right now. Since it has been a while, I'll write a little info to remind myself and everyone else what is going on and show some pictures:

Recent History of the Arche Makedonia:

After the Makedonian Civil War, the Pyrrhic line of the western branch of the Antigonid Dynasty came to power. Pyrrhos II and his son Philippos V defeated the descendants of Demetrios II Megas and reunified the Arche.

After the conquest of Aigyptos, the Mauretanian coast, and northern Iberia, Basileus Philippos V returned to Hellas and initiated a series of comprehensive reforms. Most notable was the creation of a Council of Nobles with theoretical power, the transfer of the capital to Athenai, and the reformation of the military to be based mainly upon the Thorakitai heavy infantry equipped with state purchased equipment.

Shortly after this came the First Persian War. Philippos V's son Alypios Antigonos III lead the Makedonian troops in the war and reconquered Mesopotamia, Armenia, and Elymais. The war did not last long and was settled by a peace agreement. Both the Medio-Persians and the Makedonians wanted to avoid drawing the Parthio-Persian king into the conflict. The peace settlement angered many in the Makedonian military and nobles back in Hellas.

With the end of the First Persian War came the beginning of an era of peace. Alypios Antigonos III returned to Hellas and joined his father in Athenai.

When Philippos V died, Alypios Antiognos III became the new Basileus. However, unlike his charismatic grandfather who was a great military leader and his father who was a good commander and great administrator, Alypios Antigonos III was lacking. Antigonos was a decent military command but was bad at associating with his troops and a downright awful administrator. Due to his ineptitude, the Council of Nobles began to gain true power in administration of the Arche.

Meanwhile, Basileus Alypios III's first born son, Hippostratos, was sent to Alexandreia to study. There, Hippostratos began to show promise. (See last chapter for recent family developments.)

Other things occurring around the Arche during this era of peace were:
    Tension between Hellenic settlers and natives in Iberia.
    A war in Arabia.
    The collapse of the Arche's Arverni allies in Gallia.
    And growing military tension along the Persian border.

The provinces, satrapies, and boundaries of the Arche:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

White: Area governed from the Capital (Type 1)
    Red: Provinces; governed by appointed governors (Type 2)
    Yellow: Satrapies; governed by local nobles/kings (Type 3)
    Orange: Military controlled regions (Type 3)
    Green: Allies and Client States; ruled by local nobles/kings (Type 4)

Family Tree of the Antigonid Line:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Red: Was Basileus of Makedonia
    Orange: Claimed Throne of Makedonia
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 01-25-2010 at 02:15.

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

Good to see you back in the biz.

Re-subscribed.

EDIT: 2000th post!
    Last edited by gamegeek2; 01-25-2010 at 05:42.
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Chapter 137 : Rebellion in Egypt

Aigyptos was a land that had always been known for her fertile river, ancient wonder, and rebellions. Throughout the history of Aigyptos, she has resisted conquest and rebelled against foreign occupiers. Perhaps not the most difficult land to occupy, but Aigyptos was always trouble for those who sought to control her. Aigyptos had resisted almost all foreigners who sought to control her, with the notable exception of Megas Alexandros.

During the time of the Ptolemaic pharaohs and the time after the conquest by Megas Demetrios II, there were many rebellions by the native Aigyptoi. The most recent rebellion in Aigyptos had been by Hellenic nobles who sided with the Demetrids in the Makedonian Civil War, then betrayed the Demetrids and declared Aigyptos independent. After a short rule, this rebellion was crushed by Basileus Philippos V. It had been thirty years since this rebellion and the rebellious spirit had once again returned to Aigyptos. This time it was true rebellion, lead by the native people of Aigyptos. While discontentment grew in the cities, small rebel armies began to gather in the deserts and the mountains.

The threat of rebellion was far from critical, but Hippostratos seized upon the situation. Hippostratos had spent only one year learning from the scholars of Alexandreia, but he felt that he was ready to move on. His progress seemed to prove this. With "permission" from the governor of Aigyptos, Hippostratos called as many men as he could quickly gather. He formed an army of half elite soldiers and half native Hellenes and Aityptoi thorakitai, who were equipped at the personal cost of Hippostratos.

The majority of the rebel soldiers had gathered near the delta of the Neilos or in the mountains east of the Neilos. Hippostratos first struck the armies in the delta. Hearing that a green royal was leading a small army, these rebels chose not to flee but rather to foolishly face him in battle, hoping to win a hostage.

The first two armies were crushed and fell apart soon after the battle was met. In one battle, one of the rebel leaders, a local called Hermonthites was captured, taken to Memphis, and executed. Although it was only a small glimpse warfare, Hippostratos quickly showed the signs of a great warrior from these experiences. It seemed that the blood of warriors truly flowed in the veins of the Pyrrhid line. The ability to lead men was a sign of a great leader, but a skill that may not be necessary in a time of peace.

With his victories in the delta and the city of Memphis quieted by the example, Hippostratos moved southeast and into the hills of eastern Aigyptos. Here too, the rebel armies chose to meet the prince on the battlefield. The majority of those who supported the rebellion hid from the Arche's army and fled under threat, but those who were serious enough to gather arms and group as armies chose to fight to the death. And so they did.

With the lands of Aigyptos secured from any organized threat, Hippostratos moved south and into the Arche's Nubian territories. The handful of battles had already given him much practical experience with warfare. However, aside from the rebellions in Aigyptos, there were also rebel bands gathering in Nubia and along the borders with the Kingdom of Meroe. A young Philippos V had fought in Nubia before the Makedonian Civil War and Alypios Antigonos III had waged a suceessful war against the Kingdom of Meroe just before the war with Persia. It made sense that the next in this great line of rulers would lead an army into battle in the lands of Nubia as a youth.

Hippostratos first marched his army down the coast toward the trade port of Ptolemais Theron. North of the city he confronted and defeated a Nubian rebel army.

When the battle was settled, Hippostratos' army turned west and headed back to the Neilos. Along the river, between the fortified city of Pselkis and the city of Syene, Hippostratos and his army defeated another rebel army.

With the defeat of the last rebel Nubian army near the Neilos, the rebellions in Aigyptos and Nubia faded away. There was still discontentment, but it was much quieter. No longer did rebels gather as armies in the wilderness and prepare for war. As before, the discontentment of the Aigyptoi returned to the back alleys and taverns of the cities.

With the rebels defeated, Hippostratos marched his army south and challenged the Ptolemaic King of the Kingdom of Meroe. During the war with Persia, the Kingdom of Meroe had encroached on the Arche without consequence. [They marched armies around in the southern portion of the Pselkis province and I role-played that they took the southern half of that province.] Hippostratos took his army and marched up the river, to the south. Though he had expect little resistance, he was surprised to find none. With the borders of the Arche restored to where his father had left them [I role-played them back to the in-game border between Pselkis and Meroe], Hippostratos turned north again. It is also said that Hippostratos made this journey so the aging man who was his Captain of the Guard, and who was also his mentor, could see his homeland once more.

With the rebels defeated, no challenge from the Kingdom of Meroe, and Hellenic power known well in the region, Hippostratos marched back north. Once he passed the upper cataracts, Hippostratos and his army boarded ships and sailed back down to Alexandreia. Although the campaign had lasted only a year [I used cheats to speed up his movement], Hippostratos had learned a great deal of war and added to his knowledge of leadership. Hippostratos now returned to the schools of Alexandreia, a brave veteran.

Hippostratos was met in Alexandreia not only by Theophilos but also by Athenion.

Theophilos was Hippostratos' father's cousin, son of Euphrantos. Athenion was one year younger than Theophilos and his cousin. He was son of Laandros (who still lived) and also cousin of Basileus Alypios Antigonos III. These three men were the entirety of the royal family in their generation. Were both Basileus Alypios Antigonos III and Hippostratos to die, one of these two men would become the new Basileus. As it was, death was far from the mind of Hippostratos. He was young and brave. He thought himself invincible and ready for anything. Soon he would have to prove himself ready.

The known world during the sixth year of the reign of Basileus Antigonos III (123BC):

Next: Chapter 138 : Birth of A Republic?

EB:NOM Triumvir Member gamegeek2's Avatar

As always, great to see you alive and kicking.

A republic? This oughta be good...
    Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi - Mod Leader Europa Barbarorum - Team Member

Quote Originally Posted by skullheadhq
    Run Hax! For slave master gamegeek has arrived
    "To robbery, slaughter, plunder, they give the lying name of empire; they make a desert and call it peace." -Calgacus

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

Good to have you back MAA =] All Hail Makedonia to you!

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

It's great to see you return to your AAR!

Can't wait for the next chapter.

It is also said that Hippostratos made this journey so the aging man who was his Captain of the Guard, and who was also his mentor, could see his homeland once more.
    Nice reference!

EDIT: I took a closer look to your map; the Seleucids have expanded? I thought they were all but dead?
    Last edited by Horatius Flaccus; 01-25-2010 at 13:01.
    Non omnis moriar

Thanks for reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamegeek2
    EDIT: 2000th post!
    Congratz.

There will be a change of government in the next chapter but I don't want to spoil it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatius Flaccus
    Nice reference!

EDIT: I took a closer look to your map; the Seleucids have expanded? I thought they were all but dead?
    I was wondering if anyone would catch that reference and remember.

The Seleukids surprised me with that one too. They invaded [Hayasdan] territory and then turned and declared war on [Pahlava] and managed to hold their own.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 01-26-2010 at 07:07.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast