Thread: Formations and Wheeling Armies

What would REALLY be useful is a way to take a group of units and move them to another location while KEEPING the overall arrangement of the units including individual formations AND ending up with the correct facing. Is there a way to do this?!

If you have a bunch of units selected and you just click.. then there's no telling what way they'll be facing when they get there.. AND they don't tend to hold their arrangement relative to each other! The program arranges them however it sees fit (although each unit does seem to keep its own individual formation, the whole group loses it)

The ONLY way I have gotten this to work is by using one of the default group formations (e.g. center offensive), but they're very rarely exactly what I want.

Lasro

Select the units and use Alt-click. If you haven't got it download the European manual, it covers all this.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

If ye group the bastards before moving them, they will march in disarray but reform their formation when they reach their destination. Their facing will be uniform as well.

You must want them to march the field IN FORMATION... not gonna happen with things as they stand...
    [Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Alt-click marches them in formation.

Where can I get the European manual?