Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Trapped in Taormina [Concluded]

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Trapped in Taormina [Concluded]

Taormina - Sicily.

The little mouse never knew what hit her. She was still enjoying a small piece of cheese she had found in a heap of rubble, when the claws hit her. The cat didn't feel like playing with the mouse and immediately ate it.

"Ah, the cruelty of nature", René said to his fiancee, Juliette, watching the little drama at the other end of the street.

It was hot that day in Taormina. Terasses were packed with tourists, eating gelatto, granite or drinking ice cold soda drinks.

"My granite is melting faster then I can eat it", Juliette said, sweat dripping from her forehead. She looked up to smile at her fiancee. She loved him and he still looked as gorgeous as the first time they met, in Paris.

"You still remember Paris, bijou?", she asked, her hart melting like her granite when she stared at his face. Accidentally, she dropped her handkerchief. She bowed quickly to grab it, laughing at ther own clumsiness.

René didn't answer. Juliette noticed the blood dripping. When she looked up, she saw René, with an amazed look on his face. The bullet between his eyes had almost instantly ended his life. He fell forward and his head bounced on the table.

Juliette's scream went unnoticed in the panic that broke loose. At the same time, the earth started to tremble and the howling screams of the people around her got lost in the overwhelming sound of the eruption of Mount Etna .

The surviving villagers and toursits gathered at the Theatro Grecco.

Pino di Luca stared at the remaining people of Taormina. He was amazed by the fact that half the town was in ruins, while the ancien theatre still looked like nothing happened.

"Ladies and gentlemen", Pino said, with a trembling voice. "As the last remaining official of the Taormina Carabinieri, it is my duty to tell you about what has happened. The eruption of Mount Etna cut us off from civilisation. Help is on it's way, but it may take weeks before they reach us. I have to ask you all to stay calm. We have plenty of supplies left. Some parts of the town are still in good shape, so there should be shelter for all of you. Please don't panic and go to sleep now."

Manfredo was standing in the crowd, looking at the blond hair of Juliette. Damned eruption! He was so close. The job was almost finished. Oh well, the Carabinieri said that there would be several weeks, plenty of time to find Juliette and kill her, without witnesses.

Gianluca was frustrated. The whole operation was ruined. There was no way to get the stuff to his boss now, unless... He shivered. He was a criminal and had committed alot of crimes in his life. But the thought of having to kill every single one of the surviving villagers and tourists didn't make him happy. He looked at his partner. Luciano shrugged. He didn't seem to care. "Damn, that guy is cold as ice", Gianluca thought and he felt even worse.

Taketsi was pleased by his good fortune. This would make his work easier. He already knew where the stuff of the Carelli family was hidden. Now all he had to do was killing the Carelli's, take care of the pathetic villagers and tourists and leave with the bomb. His yakuza boss would be very pleased and maybe he would be made oyabun.

Juliette was still mourning the death of her fiancee. He wasn't supposed to die! That bullet was meant for her. The falling handkerchief saved her life, but she was the one who should have been dead now.

"Revenge will be mine!"

The man wearing a black cloak, standing at the opposite side of the theatre watched the group of people. He grinned.

Welcome to "Trapped in Taormina"!

Rules:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    There are several sides in this game, each with their own goal.

Basic mafia rules apply, I'll repeat them for your convenience:

Villagers and tourists are the townies in this game.

The townies are the innocent people and they have to lynch the mafiosi during the day. The mafiosi have to kill a set number of townies each night. When all mafiosi are lynched, the town wins. When all townies are dead, the mafia wins.

Each day or night phase will last 24 hours. This may be extended due to real life circumstances.

The townies have to decide during the day by voting who will get lynched. The person with the most votes, will be lynched.

Votes have to be made like this:

Vote : Andres

When you want to switch your vote, you have to do it like this:

Unvote : Andres ; Vote : TosaInu

Please remember to BOLD YOUR VOTES! UNBOLDED VOTES WILL NOT BE COUNTED! No exceptions will be made.

Voting "No Lynch" will be counted as an abstain. When a tie is reached at the end of the day, the game host will randomly (as in "completely at random") lynch one of the players in the tie.

Roles :

- Manfredo : a hired assasin. His job was to kill Juliette. He accidentally hit her fiancee. He is allowed to investigate 3 players each night. These results are only useful for his own victory condition though. He won't get clues about a player's innocence. He investigates to discover Juliette. So he will only get results like "nope" or "yes, you found her!". He must kill Juliette and survive the game. However, he still has more then one bullet left in his gun, so who knows what this pro does after he has killed Juliette?

- Gianluca and Luciano : two made gangsters of the Carelli family. They have a stash of illegal nuclear weapons hidden in Taormina. They have to get it out of the place, without witnesses. Since the stash is big and they'll have to use a truck, they won't be able to leave unnoticed under the current circumstances. So, they'll have to kill every inhabitant of the town. Only guilty on investigation when performing a kill.

- Taketsi : one of the most cruel killers wandering around this earth. He's a member of an important yakuza family. His job is to take out Gianluca and Luciano and to get the nuclear weapons out of the place. He is able investigate 2 players each night or to kill 1 player. When killing, he'll turn out guilty upon investigation by the Carabinieri or Juliette. If he doesn't kill at night, he'll turn up innocent.

- Juliette: Secret agent. She was enjoying a holiday with her fiancee, who got unfortunately killed. She has the ability to investigate one player each night. If she happens to discover the hitman, she will have a 50 % chance of killing him during a unique attempt. If she fails, she will die.

- Carabinieri: a classic detective. Can investigate one player each night.

- Prostitute: gets to spend the night with one player each night. Night actions of that player will be blocked. If the player gets attacked or investigated, the attack and investigation will fail. An attack on the player sleeping with the prostitute has a 33 % chance of killing the prostitute.

- The man wearing a black cloak : classified information

Roles will be assigned using random.org.

* no private reveals.
    * it's not allowed to quote role pm's or night actions results in private. Feel free to quote all other pm traffic, including mine (unless I explicity state that you are not allowed to quote my pm). You can quote/fabricate/forge anything you want in the public thread while being alive. Quoting chatlogs idem ditto.
    * no screenshots.
    * the dead are allowed to talk in the thread, but cannot communicate about this game outside of the thread.
    * no post mortem reveal of role/night actions. no post mortem quoting of pm's, chatlogs or any other non public communication you had while still alive. Paraphrasing, alluding, fabricating, forging is allowed.
    * MOST IMPORTANT RULE : HAVE FUN!

shlin28
    Ichigo
    Tiberius of the Drake
    woad&fangs
    GeneralHankerchief
    Omanes
    makaikhaan
    Yaropolk
    Caius
    Sarathos
    Beefy187
    Zorg
    Glenn
    Gaius Sribonius Curio
    pevergreen
    Crazed Rabbit
    Sasaki Kojiro
    Husar
    TinCow
    The Stranger
    Northnovas
    Rythmic
    LittleGrizzly
    Kukrikhan
    00jebus
    Sigurd Fafnesbane
    Mithrandir
    axel
    Haudegen
    Makanyane
    TwilightBlade
    AntiWarmanCake
    Hiji
    Bananabob
    Tratorix
    Privateerkev
    Proletariat
    Seamus Fermanagh
    Last edited by Andres; 05-07-2008 at 21:12.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Default Re: Trapped in Taormina - sign up phase

IN!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Total innage! (randomness is fun)
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

In
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm in for this one.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Post Re: Trapped in Taormina - sign up phase

In!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Btw, what's happening with your other game, Andres?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Thats my heavy cavalry to take out Khan!

In!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

In!

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Put me down.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

In please.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.
    - Terry Pratchett

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
    - Terry Pratchett

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
    - Albert Einstein

In if it's not a sin.

(Oh yes, I would also like to truly apologise for being absent at the beginning of several games recently in which I was included - I doubt there was great effect - but it was a terrible mistake of schedule on my part..)
    Last edited by PershsNhpios; 05-03-2008 at 11:57.

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

In, please!!!!
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I suppose I'll have a go.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

In.

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

I shall participate, though RL commitments may limit my contributions a bit.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

I will accept the invite. In!

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

In.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

In In In!
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

In!

Avante!
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Need only 16 more.

Feel free to spam the inbox from any non Gameroom regular who you think might be interested.

Tell them we have cookies!
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

wherever the wind takes my (broadband connected) box

cookies you say?

Im hoping there chocolaty and sweet, cause in that case, IN!
    WotB: Timarchos Anaias Mysiakes, marching round the arche beating up rebels

LotR: Lisas Attaliedas, currently in reserve

Dragonslayer Emeritus Senior Member Sigurd's Avatar

Ok... cookie for me
    Status Emeritus

Ni!

(monthy python)
    Abandon all hope.

i dont know wot it is but i am willing to try , just tel me wot to do and on decent times cose i work

Quote Originally Posted by axel
    i dont know wot it is but i am willing to try , just tel me wot to do and on decent times cose i work
    Most important thing for a new player to learn is some of the traditions we have. For example, game mods always give me an innocent role. The other guys like to make jokes about how I shouldn't be trusted but they're just playin.

Quote Originally Posted by axel
    Welcome to the Gameroom good sir

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro
    Most important thing for a new player to learn is some of the traditions we have. For example, game mods always give me an innocent role. The other guys like to make jokes about how I shouldn't be trusted but they're just playin.
    It's always difficult to find a good lynch target on day 1, but it seems like we have found a volunteer

Ja mata, TosaInu

Finder of Little Oddities Senior Member Makanyane's Avatar

In

(will do anything for cookie)
    Not used mods before? Looking for something small and fun?!
    Download the:

Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast