Thread: Unit Question

Default Unit Question

I am enjoying Europa Barbarorum very much but I am wondering if this unit Parni bodyguard cavalry is actully in game it is loading_screen_25 also shown here
    https://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?...hlavniguf8.jpg
    I have spent many hours looking threw the game and many other sites on the units of this game so if it is in game witch faction actully has this unit any help on this issue would be greatly help full

Last user of scythed chariots Member Spendios's Avatar

Default Re: Unit Question

Quote Originally Posted by Saphira
    I am enjoying Europa Barbarorum very much but I am wondering if this unit Parni bodyguard cavalry is actully in game it is loading_screen_25 also shown here
    https://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?...hlavniguf8.jpg
    I have spent many hours looking threw the game and many other sites on the units of this game so if it is in game witch faction actully has this unit any help on this issue would be greatly help full
    early parthian bodyguard

From what I see that looks like the Parni early bodyguard? Keep in mind the RTW engine only allows for 1 depiction of such a soldier; which is cloned for all men in the unit. But TPC will obviously know best here.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Well its name is the Parni bodyguard cavalry on the load screen also the parthianin early bodygaurd has armor over nearly the hole horse

Well its name is the Parni bodyguard cavalry on the load screen also the parthianin early bodygaurd has armor over nearly the hole horse
    what's the problem ?

The problem is I have absoulutly No idea witch faction has Parni Bodyguard cavalry and its beginning to get a bit on my nerves. I also wanted to know if it was actully ingame or not becuase I have been looking for quiet a while

Quote Originally Posted by Spendios
    early parthian bodyguard
    is that not clear enough ?
    Last edited by Spendios; 05-03-2008 at 22:47.

Not really becuase early parthian bodyguard looks nothing like the picture of the unit except the name on that picture says Spahbaoe Pahlavanig sooo does Parni bodyguard calavry = Parthian bodyguard

Parni more or less === Parthians. Actually Parthians isn't correct as in 272 BC they didn't even live in Parthia (which is the region around Hekatompylos in EB). Point is: the Parni early bodyguard is what you see on the picture; and for simplicity you might as well call it Parthian early bodyguard.

EDIT: And as I said there's also something about RTW + the way units are depicted.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 05-03-2008 at 23:12.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Parni was the name the Pahlavan had before invading Parthia and assuming the name of that province.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

It seems that it is Rather disappointing really I expected to see a model somthing of what is shown in that picture

It seems that it is Rather disappointing really I expected to see a model somthing of what is shown in that picture
    yeah we should really not show concept art to fans...I mean it's so terrible if the unit depicted afterwards is not exactly the same

in compensation i give you a balloon

well the concept art is fine but on the loading screen you see that and it looks absoulty nothing like the actual moddel thats why I had spent like 6 or 7 hours looking threw unit lists and what not