Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 2: RoPG (Game thread)

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Default Re: Broken Crescent 2: RoPG (Game thread)

Done and done.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

King Philippe of France Senior Member _Tristan_'s Avatar

Btw, I've noticed there was 2 Rajputs factions... I meant to play the Solanki and not the Chauhan... That makes 2 AI Factions... Both my neighbours...
    King Baldwin the Tyrant, King of Jerusalem, Warden of the Holy Sepulchre, Slayer of Sultans in the Crusades Hotseat (new write-up here and previous write-up here)
    Methodios Tagaris, Caesar and Rebelin LotR
    Mexica Sunrise : An Aztec AAR

Philippe 1er de France
    in King of the Franks

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

The Cha-whatever Rajputs aren't a playable faction, just one of the little AI factions. They won't last long either, one of us will be at the gates of Delhi inside 10 turns and the AI won't expand.

If you haven't played the Rajputs before it might not be obvious that the Sindh lands are seperated from yours by impassable terrain which stretches almost to the desert south of Delhi. You have to go the long way around.

or hire some boats for a quick journey...

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

So that explains why Sindh always tends to last at least 5 turns or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses II CP
    The Cha-whatever Rajputs aren't a playable faction, just one of the little AI factions. They won't last long either, one of us will be at the gates of Delhi inside 10 turns and the AI won't expand.

If you haven't played the Rajputs before it might not be obvious that the Sindh lands are seperated from yours by impassable terrain which stretches almost to the desert south of Delhi. You have to go the long way around.

V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I have successfully learned how to destroy characters and add/remove money and slay agents.

All rules will be enforced, and between turns 1-3, I will be checking every file for spawned stacks. Sorry for the invasion of privacy, but if we want a fair game, no one can suddenly be granted 3 full stacks of troops while Armenia gets none.... Turkey, i'm lookin at you... Unfairness alert!

lol

Moderator Askthepizzaguy the Merciless at your service. The game is about to begin! TheFlax is up first for some reason (I still don't know how to manipulate turn order) and he's checking to see if he can access the console. Then he's going to send me the file and I'll try to access it with my admin account. If it fails for him, and works for me, we are in business.

Hope to begin this already exciting game soon!
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I thought only AI factions got the free stacks and Turkey only got them because they were created before they were made a human faction. I certainly never got any as the Ghorids and only heard of previously AI factions getting them.

edit: and aren't the Kypchaks supposed to get free stacks if they take over certain settlements, you wont take away them will you
    Last edited by Ferret; 05-07-2008 at 22:07.

nyope, rome was human from the start and they definitley got two stacks, as did turkey, even though they were ai at the start.

As for your second point, I dont know. That depends on how game-breaking the stacks are. If you get like 3 free stacks, which you do on turn 2 or 3 anyway which I have to delete, I might have to limit that.

That's way too much to inflict on Georgia in all fairness. However, it's a game related event, I may allow a full stack of your best troops to remain, and depending on how powerful the call for crusade event is, I'll limit that too.

But, I wont act unilaterally here. This is not just my game, this is a hotseat.

I will defer to the majority if they disagree with me.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-07-2008 at 22:10.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

oh okay then, check away

I'd say don't touch to game related events. Kypchaks are supposed to get 4 uber stacks once they unite the steppes. If Georgia feels threatened, Georgia can prevent the uniting of the steppes by moving immediately to prevent the Kypchaks from doing so. Or then by allying with Khwarezmians or the Seljuks or the Romans...

But lets leave in game events the way they are.

For the starting spawns though, nuke away.

Well that's my 2 cents

Well, ok... but I'll have to set the building on fire.

mumbling

I was told by mister Lumbergh to go to payroll and payroll told me to go to Mister Lumbergh, and he took my Swingline stapler and moved my desk to storage locker B in the sub-basement and I still have not recieved my paycheck and if I don't get to talk to Mister Lumbergh I'm just going to snap and set fire to the building.

If the Kypchaks get 4 uber stacks then if I call for Papal assistance, you'd better make sure I am dead and gone before I get it.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Search for Beefy Member TheFlax's Avatar

http://www.totalwar.org/patrons/pbm/BC2-01-02.zip

ERE is up! Go Ignoramus!

Edit: Could not send a PM because Ignoramus' PM box is full.
    Last edited by TheFlax; 05-07-2008 at 22:48.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    TheFlax needs to die on principle. No townie should even be that scummy.

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lemongate
    I'd say don't touch to game related events. Kypchaks are supposed to get 4 uber stacks once they unite the steppes. If Georgia feels threatened, Georgia can prevent the uniting of the steppes by moving immediately to prevent the Kypchaks from doing so. Or then by allying with Khwarezmians or the Seljuks or the Romans...
    From the fury of the Kypchaks, oh lord deliver us!

Any of you guys want to have a vassal? I don't cost much to maintain! In all seriousness, I don't have any problems with the Kypchak hordes being left in. I'd likely be the one to take the full brunt of their assault if the event took place anyway, hopefully diplomacy can prevail

Well, let me ask you a question Monk. If you suddenly found yourself the sole ruler of a vast corner of the map empire with around 7 stacks of supreme cavalry, which cost way too much money to just leave sitting around, would you:

A) Disband everything until your budget was balanced
    2) Send them to slaughter the Georgians
    or d) Write a strongly worded letter to the editor about all these kids on skateboards and how a loaf of bread used to cost a nickel

Which is it? A, 2, or d? Keep in mind, this is a total war game, and you don't get bonus points at the end for being friendly and wearing pink dresses and singing kumbaya. Of course, Elite Ferret may decide to pick A, because it's soooo like him.

Sarcasm detected. Purging systems. Refeshing viewscreen. Reticulating splines..... done.

Diplomacy can prevail, yes...

Sarcasm detected. Purging systems....
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

I'm gonna go with...D!

Yes, i know it's a huge risk, and it's probably going to see my demise. And the only real way that you can prevent yourself from going in the red when the event occurs is to go completely insane in your conquests.

I could go either way, truthfully. It would be an interesting game element to try to prevent/counter for those around the Black Sea if left in; if not, of course, i'm sure the Kypchaks would be difficult enough counter without their uberness.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-07-2008 at 23:16.

Looks like my hotseat commitments are finally lessening, with one game possibly about to end and another in its final stages. If you don't mind having to play with the console and want me to, I can play the speedbump that is the Malikate of Sindh. See how many turns I last, if it's more than five, I'd be impressed.

I have no problem with that, Zim.

Looks like we have a full house. Malikate of Sindh will do better under human control anyhow. Better start making allies, though...
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

I don't expect to live especially long anyway. Weakest faction in the game, last in line for each turn...

All you have to do is make it more difficult for your faction to be conquered. Surely the rebels would be more of a pushover than Sindh.

Looks at the rebels in Aleppo...

Ok maybe not. They just stand there and they are still more intimidating.

edit: I added your name to the faction list on page one. Check it out.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-08-2008 at 00:30.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy
    Emperor Zim, Destroyer of Worlds
    love your title Zim

This might be more accurate.

Emperor Zim, Speed Bump to Better Players

Better factions, maybe. Better players? Meh.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Dontcha worry Zim, once I capture that tiny little island in the middle of the Indian Ocean and turn it into my Premium Caliph Resort, the Malik will be the first person invited!

Even if they take our lands and our pride, they won't be able to take our hotels!

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

You've always got your friendly neighborhood nation of Muslim zealots to ally with, luckily for you just to your north!

ANNOUNCEMENT:

I need passwords and substitute players from everyone, now that the game has begun. The deadline is the beginning of turn 2. I need to be able to open your games to check for AI spawn next turn, so message me privately and inform me of your password. If you have a substitute player in mind for your faction in case of illness, work, life in general, or just plain old "I forgot to play my turn", please inform me of whom you would like to play for you.

By default, as explained in the rules of the game, I am your substitute. However, if I feel uncomfortable playing as your faction because of a lack of friendship between Jerusalem and your faction, or because you're at war with me or one of my allies, I will ask a neutral party to volunteer to play for you, preferably one who has no real ties with Jerusalem. Ramses might be a good example of such a neutral party, as he has long subbed for others in hotseats and I've personally witnessed his integrity.

But I'd much rather we not have to go through selecting a substitute player for you... pick at least one player in this game you feel comfortable controlling your faction when you're away and message me your list along with your password.

On that note, Ignoramus, it's been over 24 hours. Just a friendly reminder. Since your first turn is so critical, I'd very much like you to play it. I will give a little leeway here because it is turn one and there was no set date for the game to begin, but after turn one is over, the 48 hour rule will be enforced except under rare circumstances.

Thanks guys, for your attention on this matter.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Thanks APG, the reason I'm taking so long is that I've only just loaded BC on the computer, so I'm about to do it.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

You have the 1.5 patch and the 3 quickfixes all installed, correct?

And don't worry about taking so long. Ordinarily I wouldn't even bother mentioning you had less than a day to play your turn, but your inbox was full last I checked.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quickfixes? Where can I get them?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142288

all the fixes begin at post number 3

Need help? The instructions arent always clear. I'll be available a few more minutes but I am going to bed soon.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 05-09-2008 at 07:02.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

That would be very helpful, thanks.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast