Thread: Pope - but no Papal States

Default Pope - but no Papal States

Hi There,

In my campaign Sicily has conquered Rome and destroyed the Papal States faction. But there is still a Pope. And this Pope hates England (nothing new there!), which is my faction. He has excommunicated England, even though I've done nothing worse than any other faction! Anyway, I wanted to ask: what normally happens after the Papal States are destroyed? Thanks in advance for replies.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Pope - but no Papal States

You cannot destroy them. There is no such thing as taking Rome causing the Papal states' destruction unless you modded it that way.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Hi FactionHeir,

Thanks for this.

OK, I must be going crazy. When I played on my last session, I could not see the Papal States' yellow colour on the map. In fact, Rome looked grey, and as Sicily was rampaging through Italy, I kinda thought they'd taken Rome. Now I'm wondering if maybe Rome turned rebel for a turn or so, because, having checked, I see that Rome is yellow again and - as you rightly say - the Pope is still on his throne and bossing people about. And so, my error I think. Thanks again!

think i killed of the pope ten times in a row and he kept popping up, ready for a new beating. if i do remember right the papal states did not even control any region, think he has got some horde ability going for him.