Thread: Give Money to faction cheat.

Default Give Money to faction cheat.

Pleasee explain the give3 money cheat to me. i do not recall the exact text of it. can it be used to get the AI to boost a particular faction by naming that one? like, if i play whatever side, say the french, can i get the ai to give more money to th turks so i face one decent enemy rather than a gaggle of disconnected walk-overs? be really explicit please!!
    But vain the spear and vain the bow,
    They never can work War's overthrow;
    The hermit's prayer and the widow's tear
    Alone can free the world from fear
    (Blake)

Default Re: Give Money to faction cheat.

Two ways you could do this. To give the Turks a one-time sum of money you need to open the console using the ' key (the exact key varies, try different keys until you find it). Then type add_money turks 20000, say, to give the Turks a one-off boost of 20000 florins.

If on the other hand you want to permanently increase a given faction's income, you need to do some modding. Assuming your game is set up for modding, you need to open descr_strat (I think), scroll down to the Turks section and then change the "king's purse" entry. This is a fixed amount of income that each faction gets every turn, so increasing the entry will make the Turks richer.

Though, don't expect either option to work very well; the AI is useless at managing its money so usually it will simply squander any extra income on more huge stacks of town militia and ballistae to march around its empire doing nothing. The only thing I find helps is to help the AI in its development more directly by giving it free buildings and large cities; I don't know any way of doing this besides modding.

Or you might try downloading a mod, some have campaign AI which lets the other factions develop better. In my experience Broken Crescent seems pretty good.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Correction:
    add_money turks, 20000

Needs a comma after faction id.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I noticed that Lusted in his LTC mod used the descr_events.txt file and gives each non player faction some gold a turn. I wonder if its possible test for a giving date/turn then give a faction a lump sum value based on that date.

I usually modify the descr_strat.txt file and up the starting cash some factions have. I wonder if it's possible to randomize the starting sum so that when you start a compaign some random faction(s) get a increase to their starting funds.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

I use campaign_script to give factions gold per settlement each turn.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Pbi wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Bloody Infantry

Or you might try downloading a mod, some have campaign AI which lets the other factions develop better. In my experience Broken Crescent seems pretty good.
    Thankyou for putting me on to Broken Crescent PBI, It is so much better than vanilla, i love the downgraded infantry cannonfodder (beginner spears are overpowered in vanilla) and the way each factions recruitment tree at the castle soldier-factories make them play differently.
    (Blake)

Glad I could help.

The thing I like about BC is that the distinctions between the unit classes seem much more stark. So, sword or axe infantry will be utterly annihilated by a cavalry charge, but will carve through a unit of spears in short order. But even the heaviest cavalry will suffer appalling losses charging against spears (a welcome change from vanilla, where I found even the heaviest spearmen would be wiped out by a cavalry charge), and cavalry really cannot melee at all - they are for charging only. Also, halberds actually work now: Get a unit of cavalry bogged down in melee with these guys and they will tear them to pieces. So there are no longer any superweapons, you absolutely have to build a well balanced army. And if your faction is weak in one area (in my KoJ campaign I am acutely aware of my lack of archers, for example), you will feel it.

The only thing which really annoys me about it is the AoR system, I like the idea of only being able to recruit your most powerful units in your core provinces in principle, but IMHO they need to add more types of local levies to recruit elsewhere, since at the moment most of the provinces (e.g. Egypt) seem to have nothing at all to recruit, or else only one or two unit types.

on BC, the campaigns have a good deal more tension. the way to success with the ERE for example means plunging into debt for the first few turns. it is only easy to attack factions in a pile-on landgrab fashion, so diplomacy is much more important, and you have to rely on mostly very poor units for a long time in. i love it!
    (Blake)