Thread: Age of Conan MMORPG

Default Age of Conan MMORPG

Comes out on the 20th. Anyone else getting it?

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Re: Age of Conan MMORPG

As much as I want to (and am totally in love with Keaira), I probably won't because I haven't read anything regarding a single-player mode, and I'm personally not that big on MMORPG worlds like that.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

I'm thinking of trying it... the screenshots look pretty amazing...

... and Keaira's one hot little tomali.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

I definitely would if I had a reliable internet connection: I'd join one of the purist guilds like the Canach Clan and go adventuring with fellow Howard aficionados.

As it is, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to off line games.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Yup.

Considering it, have a friend beta testing it and he loves it, I may buy it, again not sure, don't like the the pay to play aspect, I feel that once you buy the game, you should be able to play SP or MP.
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

So anyone else playing it and what do you think?

But on the downside, though, I think AoC is one of those pay-to-play Windows games.

Fun little article:

Age of Conan vs. Schwarzenegger's Conan
    http://www.massively.com/2008/05/20/...5-comparisons/

going to look forward to the TW Conan, more my style. This mmorg is full of problems, more so It seems than the usual for a launch. Theyt have some awesome ideas, like the classes and the different attacks, but visually its hard to see whats going on. i think WOW is better in that regard. I know that aoc is early on so we`ll see. But def when the HW mod is out i`m playin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimeolas
    But def when the HW mod is out i`m playin.
    I bought Medieval 2 specifically for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198
    I bought Medieval 2 specifically for this mod.
    *gulp* No pressure on me then!

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich View Post
    *gulp* No pressure on me then!
    Just patiently awaiting Conan: Total War. However long it takes you and Cherryfunk to make it the most totally awesome M2TW mod out there, I'm willing to wait.

Fear not, reading up on Age of Conan's success and popularity has only strengthened my resolve: while there are plenty of decisions I'm not a fan of (A Cockney Conan? No Stygian Warriors? Bear Shamans?) the interest it has drummed up in Conan, and REH, is encouraging.

I just hope AoC fans won't be too disappointed at the lack of Black Templars and Heralds of Xotli in the mod.

Fear not, reading up on Age of Conan's success and popularity has only strengthened my resolve: while there are plenty of decisions I'm not a fan of (A Cockney Conan? No Stygian Warriors? Bear Shamans?) the interest it has drummed up in Conan, and REH, is encouraging.
    I've noticed that, too. About time, IMHO. Let's hope any new fans take the time to discover REH's Conan, and not just Milius' movie pastiche.
    I just hope AoC fans won't be too disappointed at the lack of Black Templars and Heralds of Xotli in the mod.
    No Dark Templars?!

This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I've noticed that, too. About time, IMHO. Let's hope any new fans take the time to discover REH's Conan, and not just Milius' movie pastiche.
    Even if 0.01% of the 400,000 people who bought AoC in the first week decide to check out REH, that's still 4,000 new readers.

No Dark Templars?!

This is blasphemy! This is madness!

Nah, no Templars of any sort in the mod: too much pop culture baggage. A unit of knights dedicated to Mitra, maybe, but that's it.

to exo...xixixici

Quote Originally Posted by antreas View Post
    to exo...xixixici
    Um...what?

I actually told my friend watch out for naked charioteers and hordes of Negro spear men if you go south.

lol?

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Quote Originally Posted by russia almighty View Post
    I actually told my friend watch out for naked charioteers and hordes of Negro spear men if you go south.

lol?
    I'll probably have a "modesty patch" for those not particularly excited about the prospect of facing multitudes of giant naked men.

I'll probably have a "modesty patch" for those not particularly excited about the prospect of facing multitudes of giant naked men.
    Don't quote me here, but I suspect even the Spartans would retreat if faced with that prospect...

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    Don't quote me here, but I suspect even the Spartans would retreat if faced with that prospect...
    From what I've read I would think the Spartans would have been quite partial to that sort of thing