Thread: sieges

Default sieges

Just wanted to say, fantastic mod. I've tried one campaign as the Rajputs and recently started a new campaign as Jerusalem. I got caught out by the bug for taking Qahirah the first time so I've restarted.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, am I right in thinking that the defenders' combat bonus on walls has been toned down a bit?

Second, does gunpowder appear at all?

Default Re: sieges

Sorry no gunpowder unit
    If you want more news come are
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=346
    Last edited by Kepper; 05-14-2008 at 20:06.

When ever I try a siege it always crashes, I know about the rebel settlement siege error but it even does it with everyone else.
    Was that your brother I killed, you all look alike to me.
    My Saka's shall run over you until our arrows are in your back, not even the great Selukid king could stand against us and now our great empire stretches from The great homelands to their precious Selukia.

Now when ever I go in or out of my settlements gates they never close, ???somebody help me???
    My Saka's shall run over you until our arrows are in your back, not even the great Selukid king could stand against us and now our great empire stretches from The great homelands to their precious Selukia.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiofDoom View Post
    Now when ever I go in or out of my settlements gates they never close, ???somebody help me???
    IIRC if there's a spy in there, your gates might remain open. Does this happen every single time, mostly, occasionally, or only a few times?

It happens in my fathers game a lot but they don't just charge through and the gates open, the enemy brings up a ram and destroys the gates but when his guys go out to kill the guys at the ram or to go back in they just won't close.

Once the gates are destroyed, you can't close them again.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiofDoom View Post
    I've had that happen to me on occasion, when a sallying force is returning from a sorte. As far as I can make out it's usually because I have a static unit formed up "too close" to the gatehouse. I've no idea what the critical distance is, but pulling them back usually addresses the problem and the gates will then close - assuming, as The Fuzz says, they haven't been destroyed in the first. If they have, then you'd better try blocking the way with your dead!

"Triarius" Tones - effective against armour!
    RTR Communications Dude & Tea Boy

They'd bring the ram up but any closer and then my dad made 2 cavalry units charge them, once the crew members of the ram are killed or flee are dealt with he goes back in side but as I said the doors don't shut.