Thread: Most Docile Faction in RTW?

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Default Most Docile Faction in RTW?

In my campaigns, it's always been the Scythians.
    I've even built mercenary armies and surrounded them by conquering all outlying provinces, yet they never attack me.
    I send assassins to kill FMs, agents, and captains, but they still never attack me.
    I crowd their ports with fleets of ships, but they still never attack me.

My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Default Re: Most Docile Faction in RTW?

Numidia is the current docile one for me. Hello, I'm conquering all your neighbours, closing you in.. don't you think I might come for you as well?
    The purpose of a fish trap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten. The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten. The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.

I stole it from a stupid Iceni Member Shieldmaiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp
    Numidia is the current docile one for me. Hello, I'm conquering all your neighbours, closing you in.. don't you think I might come for you as well?
    I don't remember Numidia ever attacking me either...

I've been besieged by Scythia a few times as Parthia.
    "Now, once more I must ride with my knights, to defend what was and the dream of what could be..."

- King Arthur, Excalibur

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

Numidia,i was Scipii and i had settlements all around them but they never attacked nor did they make any military movement.

Parthia attacked me a couple of times,so did Scythia. They don't really have a good trading position, Numidia is in Northern Africa,Parthia are in the east and Scythia is all big land. Dacia have a not bad trading position but they get better later in games,though i've seen them be one of the first 3 to be destroyed many times.

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

Tribunus Plebis Member Gaius Scribonius Curio's Avatar

Numidia, merely because the Scythians attack me twice while I was playing as Parthia.

The Numidians (to date) have never attacked me.
    Nihil nobis metuendum est, praeter metum ipsum. - Caesar
    We have not to fear anything, except fear itself.

Ibant obscuri sola sub nocte per umbram
    perque domos Ditis vacuas et inania regna:
    quale per incertam lunam sub luce maligna
    est iter in silvis, ubi caelum condidit umbra
    Iuppiter, et rebus nox abstulit atra colorem.
    - Vergil

Numidia is often fairly docile, too. But they've attacked me several times in the Carthaginian campaigns I've played to date.
    Scythia has attacked me only once, but that was when I played a short Parthian campaign, as well.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Post Re: Most Docile Faction in RTW?

Numidia has attacked me in the past and, as Carthage, in the early turns, they are fairly aggressive (although very easily beaten back).

These initial attacks often devastate them. They need the finances of richer cities to maintain forces and cannot sustain themselves well from their starting lands. Due to this they are, for the rest of the game, extremely placid.

Scythia is not a faction I would call aggressive, but it isn't one I would call docile either. They always attack and defend their lands extremely fiercely if I attack them, but typically keep themselves to themselves otherwise. They occasaionally launch an invasion against the AI, but I haven't seen them invade against me yet.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 05-16-2008 at 16:16.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Exactly. The only times I've been attacked by anything Scythian was after I'd attacked them myself.

Death and Glory TW modder Member Flying Pig's Avatar

The Seleucids, but only because they're constantly under fire and so make no new military moves. They're like Scythia.
    Last edited by Flying Pig; 05-16-2008 at 17:03.
    Death And Glory TW Needs You - Sign Up Now! All it takes is one PM!

Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.

Ō zein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti tēide
    keimetha tois keinōn rhēmasi peithomenoi.

Go, thou that passeth, to the Spartans tell
    That as per their orders, here we fell.

i know this is completely off topic but i have a problem. no matter what faction im playing as i always seem to get to about 10 provinces then i get bored and quit. but i really want to play the game all the way throgh but i always get bored. anyone got any advice for me?

Quote Originally Posted by salemty
    i know this is completely off topic but i have a problem. no matter what faction im playing as i always seem to get to about 10 provinces then i get bored and quit. but i really want to play the game all the way throgh but i always get bored. anyone got any advice for me?
    Keep playing...?