Thread: Limited number of Client Rulers?

Default Limited number of Client Rulers?

In my Romani game I already have 6 client rulers. When I build more Type IV government buildings in Ippone, Buridava and Ak-Ink, a local general appears but he does not have the Client Ruler trait and swiftly builds up an interloper trait. I have to knock down the Type IV and build a Type III instead.

Is this a bug or just that there are limited numbers of client rulers to go around?

Default Re: Limited number of Client Rulers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfeeder
    In my Romani game I already have 6 client rulers. When I build more Type IV government buildings in Ippone, Buridava and Ak-Ink, a local general appears but he does not have the Client Ruler trait and swiftly builds up an interloper trait. I have to knock down the Type IV and build a Type III instead.

Is this a bug or just that there are limited numbers of client rulers to go around?
    have you installed the optimizing client ruler script?

I have noticed something similar with the Romani too, difference is i can´t build a single roman client ruler,they all get interloper traits. i tried looking around, added all the fixes and used the validation tool, and it looks like nothing is wrong? i did notice however that it did start after i downloaded the optimizing client ruler script thing, my guess is it has something to do with this, though i can´t understand the ebbs very well though i don´t think any other faction has this problem, have atleast tried as ptolies and hay and the client rulers work for them. i did try reinstalling the whole thing but added the fixes before i had a chance to check out the client rulers, so i got the same problems again.
    this is what i got from the validation tool:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Changed file: .\data\credits.txt (expected checksum 632aad51f3a61c5da34140e4fa28800b, got 66e963df496381fca94f82e3e254213f)
    Changed file: .\data\descr_items.db (expected checksum 05785f752f89ae7f82ffd4631ddafd2c, got 244bf4dbabea7646706611eaeabe6d56)
    Changed file: .\data\export_descr_advice.txt (expected checksum f29c56a6d711e3ebb70b855365500de8, got 97794093b86abe2d5ebab1920b9c3363)
    Changed file: .\data\export_descr_character_traits.txt (expected checksum 69cef580dfdc85ecc97d49f97916d236, got 34aadbb8fa4acb5ae166763ee385746d)
    Changed file: .\data\fmv\atvi_spinning_logo_640x480.wmv (expected checksum 7e15895ba7a723535f55e4deb91c085b, got e9ac1729af2fdeffe8365a567cd76b23)
    Changed file: .\data\menu\splash.tga (expected checksum a57cc84af0e6c1300577336f17e0bfd6, got d1329cf835f69e6dff4b4cc0cb08d144)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt (expected checksum cb93a428e536cfa294ff85bf1d9ceca1, got 23942befd1eebbd7b829f750745c3081)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\descr_model_battle.txt (expected checksum 256756724adecbd52f257b18d3028a66, got a168aee68eff46701ad720dcdaed8a29)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\scripts\show_me\ebbs_script.txt (expected checksum 1c90a4897e4769351062ed89b41106de, got 228c6e21d9a67ea99c0bc696c5928410)
    Changed file: .\eb\data\world\maps\battle\custom\279 bc - battle of ausculum\description.txt (expected checksum e54e6f6ba0c7cbb4eb7a2016e2f17842, got 0337a879748a757b21957959beb00873)
    Changed file: .\eb\mp game edu backup\map.rwm (expected checksum 1c90eb5933e8e610f00bdd692ca60048, got ca3d6899906a707189b700241a6e2797)
    Changed file: .\rometw.exe (expected checksum de01375b675cbd95b7efcb745e72ead6, got 39713f522c9648bdfe582557313a59c2)

i think thoose are the optional fixes though.

(and the rometw.exe is probably because i use have rtwgold, so i skipped all the added BI files)
    hope i´m not hijacking your thread now ravenfeeder, it sounded like the same problem.

like i said i really suck at scripting/coding, so i dont know what the problem is, but my best guess is that there is something wrong with the trigger for roman client rulers in the optimizing script. i could post a savefile if needed. anyway, wish i could help to solve the problem, but hopefully this information can narrow it down abit atleast?
    Last edited by ombudsman; 05-18-2008 at 17:52.

I had this problem with my romanii camping and I destroyed gov4 rebuilted it then general had Client Ruler trait....
    They make it a desert, and call it peace.
    Calgacus, leader of the Caledonians: Tacitus

Yep, installed the optimizing script. I'll try the old one again then.

Seems it really is connected to the new scripts. I started to have the same problems in my Romani campaign, though the Casse campaign is working allright.

I have been doing some research into the scripts, but they are looking quite good. As far as i can see, all the cities, when Gov4 has been built, spawn a Gov4General, both when another general is in town and when no governor is present. All segments i have seen so far kill off a general (in case you have destroyed and rebuilt the Gov4) so you won't have the same one twice, and all are assigned the Type4 (Client) trait right afterwards.
    BUT, what i have discovered is this: Even though the general is spawned, somehow it gets the wrong name (Manivs instead of ManivsK for example) which is probably the reason why the trait is not assigned, though i can't understand why it would get a name that is different from the one written in the 'spawn army' line. You can assure yourself that this happens by typing in the console 'give_trait "Manivs" Type4Governor', or whatever name the general has received but without the appended letter ('A to K'). If i do that manually, it works. But i forsee a problem, since there will be a lot of 'Manii' walking around. Or maybe more than one client of the name won't be spawned. Also it will mean that the 'kill' line in the script will not work as well.

Hopefully there will be a solution to that in sight. I will try the old, big scripts until then.

I hope this was of some help to pinpoint the problem. :)

Seems it really is connected to the new scripts.
    If you mean optimized client ruler script then no, its not connected.

Old and new script works exactly the same. The only difference is monitor structure ( 8000 vs 800 ).
    Problem that you are describing is caused by not gaining by client ruler proper traits and this is done exactly the same way in both scripts.

Anyway we dont know why this is happening yet. We are looking into it.

Thank you, that is good to know.
    If you can be bothered, i would appreciate if you could explain a bit what exactly went wrong, once you have figured it out. I am an inquisitive soul. ;)

I am at a loss why this bug is appearing. The old and new scripts really look like they are doing quite the same things regarding the client rulers. And it would be really strange when one part is working (as before) and then a command a few lines later is differently interpreted than before (the cutting off of the identifying letter).

Quote Originally Posted by LorDBulA
    If you mean optimized client ruler script then no, its not connected.

Old and new script works exactly the same. The only difference is monitor structure ( 8000 vs 800 ).
    Problem that you are describing is caused by not gaining by client ruler proper traits and this is done exactly the same way in both scripts.

Anyway we dont know why this is happening yet. We are looking into it.
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for taking your time! And for free...

Sadly not worthy of a title. Member Jurdagat's Avatar

I made a Typ4 Gov in Persepolis.
    Next turn a family member named Vaghun iirc dies peacefully (he was only 31 years old).
    I found this strange.
    After looking into things I noticed that my Client Ruler in Persepolis had the Interloper trait and no Client ruler trait, and to my surprise had the name Vaghun.

In short the spawned client ruler killed off my family member, most likely since he generated the same name as my family member.

I'm not a technical guy, this is just what I noticed.

Hope this is handy.

Edit: I'm still using the old client ruler script, only fix I'm not currently using.
    Last edited by Jurdagat; 05-18-2008 at 22:28.
    This is where my signature is.

Well, that does confirm what i think is going on, even though it is not bound to any script changes. Have you been modding EB in any other way (apart from the EB Team's fixes)?
    Last edited by Sûlherokhh; 05-19-2008 at 04:55.

For what it's worth, it seems that if there has been at any point a character with the same name, the traits we assign are given to them instead of the newly spawned client ruler. The same command that is used in the script works just fine when we run it in the console afterwards, however. We have a hard time finding a way to get around this, so if anyone has any clue why the command doesn't register when in the script, please post about it.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Cheers and thanks for a great game, I've enjoyed it since 0.8 something.

I've run into exactly the same problem as Ravenfeeder, also playing as the Romani. Creating an ally government in Singidunum netted me a general named Numerius, without the Amicus etc. etc. addition to the name.
    Sure enough, he became an interloper in short order.

So I reloaded and redid the turn; this time Numerius WAS an Amicus etc. etc. A proper client ruler...

I have played around with Singidunum a few times now, pushed the construction of the allied government back variable turns to see if it had anything to do with something happening at the same time, reloaded and so forth. It doesn't really seem to coincide with f.ex. a son growing up.

It seems to be quite random, but reloading and doing the turn again fixed the problem for me.

Thought yall'd like to know.

Oh and I have installed all the scripts...
    Last edited by Septimius; 05-21-2008 at 23:11.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Hmm, I seem to be getting the interloping Roman client ruler thing all of a sudden. Have one in Syrakousai, and my replacement client ruler in Massalia is as well.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    For what it's worth, it seems that if there has been at any point a character with the same name, the traits we assign are given to them instead of the newly spawned client ruler.
    Is this the same displayed name ("Lvcivs Cornelivs Blasio" etc.) or the same internal name ("AppiusG Claudius" etc.)? If the latter, then why not just increase the range of A --> K to, say, A --> Z so as to make this bug less frequent, at least?

Since that time, I've tried to create a client ruler in Mediolanum as Romans on turn 3 (by cheating to get an army up there so quickly and to take the settlement). It still occured, so I don't think it's a name collision creating the problem after all, although I still think that that also will cause it. The client ruler in question is called TiberiusF, so there should definitely not be more of them around at such an early point.
    Last edited by bovi; 05-23-2008 at 07:19.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

So is it worth moving the generals in question out, destroying the type IV, using process_cq to rebuild the pacification and it, and simply reloading the turn until they work?

I'd also note that mine has only started happening since I installed the script optimisation, too.

EDIT: Reloading doesn't seem to make any difference. Every time I build a type IV government, I get a general, not a client ruler. Is there any way to add the relevant traits via the console?
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; 05-23-2008 at 16:03.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Just to confirm again. Script optimization causes this bug when i play. Replacing it with the old 1.1 scripts makes client rulers work again. I tested this very often.

Post faction and names of cities that you have proven old script has no problem while new one has problems.

Playing with the faction Romani, the provinces are Mashiliem, Edetania, Pannonia and Lakonike. New script bugs out, but old scripts gets it right. I'll check the names of the settlement next time i play.

Playing as Romani, just spawned perfectly good client rulers in Syrakousai and Massalia with the old script. Every single time I tried with the optimised, they came out funny Generals with Interloper.

This bug may be "random" but I never get it with the old script, and always get it with the optimised one. Now I just switch between the two; when I need to create a client ruler I use the old script, then once they appear switch back to the quicker one.

I hadn't played in a few days, but I switched back to what I thought was the old script and I got the same problem. Can someone send me their old script just in case I accidentally backed up the optimized one over the old one? I'm ellobfo at Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by lobf
    I hadn't played in a few days, but I switched back to what I thought was the old script and I got the same problem. Can someone send me their old script just in case I accidentally backed up the optimized one over the old one? I'm ellobfo at Gmail.

I will send....
    They make it a desert, and call it peace.
    Calgacus, leader of the Caledonians: Tacitus