Thread: Wii Fit

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Thumbs up Wii Fit

So anyone else have the unit?

I just got it today on special (not special compared to the US exchange rate, just special compared to local costs)... $119.20... it is an early birthday present for Wasabi.

First age test I scored +7 years (41)
    Wasabi scored + 13 years (39)

Looks good and I already can see it being used for shooters and surfing games. It could also be used from a sitting postion as a brake and accelartor for Wii Kart... if it supported the config. I think it is too early to see all the possiblities.

They just need a motion sensor sweat band.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii Fit

What they need is something like oblivion, but with the sword controlled by your hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

What ever happened to Yourself! Fitness on the PS2, how come that wasn't the talk of the town when it came out?
    What happened there was that to get in shape, all you had to do was watch her, you see she does all the exercise and while you're watching her your mind is pumped full of subliminal messages to tell you to eat less fatty foods and get out more.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I've tried it, a mate's got it, it's a bit unresponsive at times. Very cool piece of equipment I must say. I may get it once the price comes down somewhat.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

One of the people I work with has got it, and another wants it. It's a source of wonder that I, the resident gamer girl, don't have it. I walk 6 miles a day 5 days a week and don't see the need for virtual jogging.

This is my first major encounter with the Wii effect. 2 non-gamers enthused to the point where one got her PS3 loving partner to buy a wii, and the other looking forward to the day she can afford to buy one for the family wii. As for the number of people I have seen walking past the bookshop lugging the massive wii fit box ...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

The very model of a modern Moderator Xiahou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    This is my first major encounter with the Wii effect.
    I hear about the "Wii effect" all the time. People who were never much into gaming, girls in particular, are buying them up. Even now, it's a rare sight to see them on store shelves in my area. They're almost always sold out.

WiiFit always looked very gimmicky to me. After researching it a bit, I still think it's a gimmick, but a very well-done one. I planning on holding off until the initial rush on them dies down somewhat and seeing if the peripheral is going to support many future games before I buy it. Running all over creation looking for the Wii itself was enough for me. I'm not interested in going through all of that again for a peripheral.
    Last edited by Xiahou; 05-21-2008 at 18:33.
    "Don't believe everything you read online."
    -Abraham Lincoln

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    One of the people I work with has got it, and another wants it. It's a source of wonder that I, the resident gamer girl, don't have it. I walk 6 miles a day 5 days a week and don't see the need for virtual jogging.
    The jogging doesn't use the wii-scales, can be done in 2P. The wii-mote responds to the jogging motion.

The other games are fun like skiing and turning your Mii into a marble and navigating on plates into holes for one or more Mii.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Skiing? How realistic is it?

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder