Thread: Script optimisation - Thanks!

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Script optimisation - Thanks!

I'm not sure whether it was bovi or someone else who did the optimisation of the script, but I owe them thanks. It's speeded up the AI turns significantly, it now takes about half the time it used to.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

People's Padishah Emperor Member Emperor Burakuku's Avatar

Default Re: Script optimisation - Thanks!

Without it 2.30 minutes, with it 50 seconds. Thanks a lot guys! Although I can't read between turns now :P. Joking, great job, congrats!
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"

With the new script, I decreased my loading time from a minute to 20 seconds!

EDIT: Hmm, this starts to sound like an "Instant ABS and biceps machine"-commercial for TV-shop...
    Likstrandens ormar som spyr blod och etter, Ni som blint trampar Draugs harg
    På knä I Eljudne mottag död mans dom, Mot död och helsvite, ert öde och pinoplats

Strategos Autokrator Member Megas Pyrrhos's Avatar

Yeah...thanks to whomever made it.

"Get Yours Today! Now!" - Anonymous salesman

LorDBulA made it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

haha, yea it seriously changed the way I play eb... I used to get some work done between turns, but now eb time is actually play time! It makes the beginning of a campaign a lot more fun, because you don't have to wait forever, just to press "end turn" again

haha, yea it seriously changed the way I play eb... I used to get some work done between turns
    Hey, good!

You can now sue the EB team if you get fired because you didn't get work done on time!
    This space intentionally left blank.

Can anyone please point me to this particular script optimization? I've personally optimized my script the best way I could - main speed boost was getting rid of all the client rulers part - but I'd like to try this optimized script you're talking about too.

It's in the fixes thread, but don't think it's compatible with removing client rulers, since it simplifies how they're handled without removing them.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)

Ah ok thank you. I'm going to try it out my next game, although I don't think it should be as fast as removing them entirely... you never know in the world of RTW I won't mind if it makes my game faster.

Since I make heavy use of client rulers, removing them isn't an option for me. Besides I think they're one of the coolest things about EB's handling of conquest.

My current install of EB is very, very, very messy... Currently I've got it installed in Program Files, even though I'm running Windows Vista... I have Rome Total Realism installed at the same time, almost in Program Files (yea, I know, but somehow it works) and at least three copies of the Recruitment Viewer installed, again at the same time, some in Program Files and some not (don't ask)...

As such, I don't think I'll try this fix untill after I get Alexander (I currently only have RTW and BI, not ALX)... When I do, I'll uninstall everything RTW related and reinstall with a fresh copy of RTW (preferably not in Program Files, but I have concerns that the patches for RTW may not know where to go if I install it somewhere else) with Alexander, then install EB and the fix and start a fresh Romani campaign...

Just one thing though, when running EB using RTW.exe, I've heard it's best to run the game on VH/M (which is what I'm running my current Romani campaign on), but what are the best difficult settings to use with ALX.exe?

The Rabbit Nibbler Member Korlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trek
    Just one thing though, when running EB using RTW.exe, I've heard it's best to run the game on VH/M (which is what I'm running my current Romani campaign on), but what are the best difficult settings to use with ALX.exe?
    The EB Team recommends VH/M, but the general public appears to recommend H/M. This is more along the reasons of how diplomacy absolutely stinks in the RTW.exe under VH campaign difficulty. In the ALX.exe, the diplomacy's a little better. In RTW.exe, AI factions also tend to attack you quite often, and with very small stacks sometimes; I haven't noticed this occurrence under ALX.exe, and I've been using it for quite a while.

Make what you will.
    Ongoing EB Campaigns:
    1.0 Pontos (245 BC)

Remanent or Supremacy - An EB Pontos AAR - Unfortunately postponed indefinitely.
    1.1 Saka Rauka Gameplay Guide
    1.1 Lusotannan Gameplay Guide

Ok... Thanks... Not sure if I can be bothered trying both though... Maybe we should start a poll?