Thread: Sauromatae Allied Client State

Default Sauromatae Allied Client State

OK I have a problem with this new, but very complicated Nomad System.
    I have Conquered Pantikapaion, you know the city that was famous for their Bosphoran Heavy Archers, and according to EB Recruitment viewer you can produce those units in this city.

Now my problem is that after I have captured the city I can't build the Allied Client State building.
    I have not destroyed any buildings inside except for the Pacificational buildning. and I have built the Military Occupation of Local Town building, but I still can't build the Allied Client State building!

plz help me, i have guessed that the reason is that the region i either Nomad or Mixed and there for it isn't possible to build the Allied Client State building, but then why would the EB Recruitment viewer show that it is possible for Sauromatae to produce Bosphoran Heavy Archers there if it isn't possible?

please someone help me, because this greatly affects the gameplay for me, i had great plans but they where all crushed when i weren't able to produce the Bosphoran Heavy Archers...

thanks in advance.

Default Re: Sauromatae Allied Client State

The Sauromatae cant build those afaik.

You are kidding me, right? then why the H**L do they show up in the recruitment Viewer for?!
    Damn this is really frustrating, the reason for this, is it that the region is a Nomad/mixed region or what?

They are available with a LVL 4 Regional MIC. Just build a level 3 Government.
    This space intentionally left blank.

You cant build Allied Client State if setelment have Nomad or Mixed hiden resorses or both. Cimerian cities have both of them...I think..
    They make it a desert, and call it peace.
    Calgacus, leader of the Caledonians: Tacitus

Atanamir is right, if you have Nomad or Mixed resources in province , you can't build Allied Client gov as Sauro's.

Sauromatae can get Bosporans in Kallatis, since you can build Allied Client Government there.

P.S. Hax , Sauro's have Pastoralism , Nomadism and Allied Client Goverment. So no Lvl 3 Government for them.
    Last edited by mlp071; 05-24-2008 at 07:23.

Quote Originally Posted by mlp071
    Atanamir is right, if you have Nomad or Mixed resources in province , you can't build Allied Client gov as Sauro's.

Sauromatae can get Bosporans in Kallatis, since you can build Allied Client Government there.

P.S. Hax , Sauro's have Pastoralism , Nomadism and Allied Client Goverment. So no Lvl 3 Government for them.
    Nope, Kallatis is out of the AoR for Bosphorans (Thuereophontes Toxotai). The 4 provinces they are available in are all "hidden_recource mixed", and therefore, cannot build the Allied Client Gov't, so, even though they are listed for Sauromatae under "ownership", Sauromatae will not be able to recruit them due to inability to build the necessary government type in the proper AoR.

@ Hax, I checked the RV, and see them available at lvl3 regional MIC, so if Kallatis is "Expansion" for your faction, you could even get them w/ a type2 Gov't.

win/ win (you get the Bosphorans AND you don't have to give up any factional recruitment either)
    Last edited by MerlinusCDXX; 06-03-2008 at 09:26.

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinusCDXX
    Nope, Kallatis is out of the AoR for Bosphorans (Thuereophontes Toxotai). The 4 provinces they are available in are all "hidden_recource mixed", and therefore, cannot build the Allied Client Gov't, so, even though they are listed for Sauromatae under "ownership", Sauromatae will not be able to recruit them due to inability to build the necessary government type in the proper AoR.
    Absolutely correct... and it broke my heart in my Sauromatae game.

Aaldaemon,

Yeah, me too, I tried it without checking the RV first, D'oh. Oh well, I will at least save some future income by "removing the useless King I've installed". Perhaps the Military life calls to him...

Well at least, looking on the bright side too, this whole episode taught me to keep a keen eye on the nomadic/mixed map present here in these forums... no more "I'm gonna conquer that province because I want to recruit unit X, then... Ooooops moments" for me.