Thread: "Smackus Maximus"

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Default "Smackus Maximus"

Just wandering if anyone else has red the "Smackus Maximus" guide before, I first encountered this guide before I knew this place (the .org) even existed, and this guide has transformed the way I play Total War games ever since. Does the guy who wrote it belong to this forum? It's a great guide!
    Last edited by Quintus.JC; 06-01-2008 at 14:42.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: "Smackus Maximus"

Yeah, it was one of the first things linked in the guide forum. I prefer Froggy's guides, though.

As far as I know, there are no internet celebrities (or celebrities of any kind) on the Org, apart from modding celebrity Vercingetorix, off course . There is no Fargo-account either. However, it's quite possible he or other Gamespy members are here anonymously.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Default Re: "Smackus Maximus"

I don't really like hes guide i like frogs better
    Last edited by georgeman51; 06-01-2008 at 21:39.
    Proud supporter of EB!

faction_banner_04bak.jpg

This sig is over!

I think that they are both brilliant guides.

Froggys tells you how the game works and gives you very handy hints, whilst Smackus's guide is more a stratagy to win.

Read together they give a newbie a great start on the in-and-outs of the game. I would recommend to any starting player reading Froggys first to understand the basics and Smackus to get your campaign going.

Both of them put a huge amount of work for those guides and they should both be commended.

Hey my 2c
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Tarasios Sarantinos Member Byblos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    I think that they are both brilliant guides.

Froggys tells you how the game works and gives you very handy hints, whilst Smackus's guide is more a stratagy to win.

Read together they give a newbie a great start on the in-and-outs of the game. I would recommend to any starting player reading Froggys first to understand the basics and Smackus to get your campaign going.

Both of them put a huge amount of work for those guides and they should both be commended.

Hey my 2c
    Exactly. Botha re excellent. Its like flipping a coin to see which account is best as imo they are both equally good.
    Author of Rome: Total Realism AAR FINIS