Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Euro 2008

Default Re: Re : Euro 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    Bloody hell, Husar. You ought to be outside rioting now! Passion, mate, passion!
    I don't want to be the only one in the streets rioting for Spain, some of those pesky german fanboys might have hurt me or something.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

Default Re: Euro 2008

Overall a good tournament. Congrats to Spain for winning it, never seen a worse defence from Germany.

Congratulations to LittleGrizzly. Deserved winner who led throughout the second half of the campaign. Is there any chance of giving him a badge to honour his triumph?

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Congrats to Spain!

Looking back at Torres' goal, am I the only one who thinks Lahm gave up on it, assuming that he had Torres blocked out and Lehmann was going to get to it? It just seems to me like he got lazy. Well done by Torres to keep motoring, blow past him, and flick it over Lehmann's slide.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Torres was the wrong side and they were both sprinting for the ball.... i had always thought off lahm as a fairly fast player, not quite torres pace but he isn't slow, but he just seemed to slow down, it looked like lahms feet were quicking mid air whilst torres took 2 or 3 steps and ran round him.... im sure lahm could have stopped him..
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGrizzly View Post
    Torres was the wrong side and they were both sprinting for the ball.... i had always thought off lahm as a fairly fast player, not quite torres pace but he isn't slow, but he just seemed to slow down, it looked like lahms feet were quicking mid air whilst torres took 2 or 3 steps and ran round him.... im sure lahm could have stopped him..
    The way I saw it Lahm had to slow down and give up the chase because Lehmann came out of the goal and was trying to dive for the ball. If Lahm had kept going I think he'd have run straight over Lehmann. I think Lahm could have stopped Torres from getting a good shot in if Lehmann had stayed more or less in goal. But hell everyone makes mistakes and if the Germans really wanted to win they needed to score in the remaining hour....
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

The way I saw it was that Lehmann should have stayed in his net.

There were some pretty stupid calls against Germany by the referee at the end of the game. Spain did play better, but Germany could've tied if not for that bloody stupid foul call at the end. When it should have been a Spanish foul, the ref calls a German foul.

Well Spain was clearly better, but as a matter of fact the referee did decide in dubio pro Iberia - at least a penalty was due for Germany for a clear hand in the box. Anyway I congratulate the great spanish fans and the players which enjoyed my region, the beautiful Tyrol.
    "Silent enim leges inter arma - For among arms, the laws fall mute"
    Cicero, Pro Milone

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post

There were some pretty stupid calls against Germany by the referee at the end of the game. Spain did play better, but Germany could've tied if not for that bloody stupid foul call at the end. When it should have been a Spanish foul, the ref calls a German foul.
    Germany couldn't have won, they played terribly, get over it

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

So true, Lehman should have let Lahm handle it and should have covered his goal. No way Torres would have gotten it in from such an angle, had Lehmann stayed put, and without the support of his other teammates.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Ha! That'll teach you!

Germany-Belgium, World Cup 1994, the foul by Thomas Helmer on Josip Weber should have been a penalty and a red card for Helmer. Damn that Swiss referee Röthlisberger.

A disgrace it was! Gah!
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Concerning penalties, Lehman once played with his hand when he shouldn't and the commenter said had the referee seen it that should have been a red card, yes a red card for the goalkeeper, I would have loved to see that.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Turkey's goalkeeper got a red card.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

All Turkish players were punished with weird cards, let alone that idiot Volkan's idiot action (which was a deserved one).

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Rather delayed celebrations on my end. Viva España.

Good game, a hearty thanks to Quintus.J.Cicero for running this.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233