Thread: Local Superiority?

I've heard some talk floating around lately about how people have learned the importance of concentration and local superiority. Is this at the strategic or tactical level? I really can't see how it could be at either level.
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

Was one of those people.

Meant at the tactical battle level.

Meant if I'm fighting and winning and concentrated on a part of my enemy, don't have to swallow him whole, can defeat him in detail.

Of course this is dynamic, if he gets most of his army a hold of me than I'm cooked.

But I try to manoeuver to avoid that.

Experienced so far a lot of linear behavior with the AI armies, so if I chew up the enemy on one end, then the rest of his army has to march to me, and I can respond to that. Doing Marathon works a lot: strong wings, weaker center.
    “You know the sound of thunder Mrs. Garret."
    "Ofcourse"
    "Can you imagine that sound if I asked you to?"
    "Yes I can Mr. Hickok."
    "Your husband and me had this talk, and I told him to head home to avoid a dark result. But I didn't say it in thunder. Ma'am, listen to the thunder.”

Hmm, should try that. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Alastair (edited 05-13-2001).]
    My motto: Be sharp, not
    well-rounded.

candidgamera,

Operating with a weak center will work against the ai, but against human opponents I had to give up that tactic. My center would get blown away by a rush. If you can collapse the wings in quickly enough, it can work, but it's pretty tricky to do successfully.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2