Thread: what the hell is happening whit my FM?!

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default what the hell is happening whit my FM?!

ok I'm romani and suddenly ALL My family members started to get traits like dull , Ynys Duwall (this man is training whit druids in britain) , mediocre when outnumbered, EVERY one is disloyal and more tahn HALF of my FMs have the trait "Rugij?m" that is a germanic tribe , and the trait is mentioned as an ethnicity

not to mention the biographys dont match! Lucious cornelius scipio has cotta's biography and I dont longer have a cotta , his name changed to Caius Licinvs Lvcvlivs and has the biography of Cnaeus Cornelius Scipio Asina (?????)

I'm alredy in 238 bc and I changed some of the scripts , well I had konny's files and also alexander's , but accidentally overwrote them , so I redid the changes and the campaign loaded fine , but then it started whit this!

(another example Lucius Cornelius Scipio (one of the starting FMs) got the trait "Too eager triumphator" and he hasn't been near Rome

if I manage to get the files as they were (I dont know how since they are alredy as the were...) will I still be able to save my campaign?? :S

oh...crap...:S
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-24-2008 at 22:52.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Default Re: what the hell is happening whit my FM?!

anyone?? pleaaase my campaign can't die !!, If you need a liver or somthing I can offer it
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

sounds like something really fscked up when you edited files. No you will likely need to start your campaign anew. I would do a reinstall.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Default AW: what the hell is happening whit my FM?!

That sounds exactly to me like changing the export_descr_character_traits.txt or replacing it by a new one during an ongoing campaign. If you're able to switch back to the old one, you might be lucky.
    Last edited by Lysandros; 06-25-2008 at 16:26.
    "Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

No way, I think. Changes to the EDCT are absolutly not savegame compatible. Changing again (back) won't make it, I fear.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

I did it once, and it worked. But of course it might already be broken.
    "Nous laisserons ce monde-ci aussi sot et aussi méchant que nous l'avons trouvé en y arrivant."

the thing is that I alredy did the changes as I think they were , perhaps I put something in a diferent order
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Ok, then I'd recommend to start a new campaign and see if everything's fine with that campaign. If not, do a reinstall.
    Last edited by Lysandros; 06-25-2008 at 20:45.

Default Re: AW: what the hell is happening whit my FM?!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    Ok, then I'd recommend to start a new campaign and see if everything's fine with that campaign. If not, do a reinstall.
    yep alredy done that , seems that everything is ok... at first look, they have their respective biography and names
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter