Thread: Vista users

Default Vista users

im just wondering, i have been playing this game for a long time, and i would like to know if it works on vista? I know alot of old games work on it, but does this work good? or does anyone even know?

Thanks

Post Re: Vista users

Welcome to the .Org littlecube141
    S:TW has no problems with Vista itself, it's only with the graphics card. The workarounds for S:TW often required Windows XP, which has, in the past, resulted in a lack of resolvability of the scenario.

Recently though, it has been found that setting S:TW to run with software rather than hardware graphics rendering can fix most issues with the program. Graphics are a little choppy though, and the framerate is often fairly slow.

If you don't wish to play with software rendering, and you have a Nvidia Geforce 7 graphics card or below, then you can use the 2x AA fix as documented here by LeftEyeNine. Although the instructions were intended for M:TW, the hardware graphical engines are nearly identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeNine
    1- Right Click your desktop and Properties > Settings > Advanced.
    2- Look for the tab labelled by your graphics card model name.
    3- Click "Performance & Quality Settings" from the panel opened leftwards.
    4- Under General Driver Settings there should be a box telling the name of the settings and their values, such as "Antialiasing - Application Controlled", "Anisotropic Filtering - Application Controlled" and so on. Now you should left click where it says Antialiasing. You should see that there is a checkbox saying "Application Controlled" ticked. Remove the tick, so that now the slider is controllable. Draw the slider right for once, it should be now under 2x. Click Apply, then OK, another OK to close this window with modified settings. Voila!
    If you cannot find the options to follow these instructions, then you may need to download Nvidia drivers for your card from here.

Hope this is useful
    Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 06-25-2008 at 11:43.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Default Re: Vista users

thanks alot you are the man lol oh and for some reason i can not play online? are te servers down, and how do i register? bec i have an EA account, will that work? and it keeps saying failed to connect? am i doing something wrong? thanks alot