Thread: PMTW 1.5 dead bodies for Late era play

Default PMTW 1.5 dead bodies for Late era play

Dead bodies in PMTW 1.5

I have put together a file (deadpage cords.txt) which provides dead bodies for all of the 230 units in PMTW 1.5 late era battles (Sun Kings Ambition) in custom battle and campaign play mode. This covers all faction units for that era. The same file will give bodies for the two other eras (early and mid) but will only give bodies for about half the units {early era: 110 of 229; mid era 120 of 226 units. These are the units common to the three eras plus a few common to the mid and late era}.
    It is not possible to make a single file which provides bodies for all units and all eras because there are large numbers of units unique to each era and the file is read until a unit is encountered which is not in the particular era’s unit_prod file; at that point the reading stops. A separate file could be made for each era, so we would have three deadpage files, then all units could have bodies but each time you chose to play a different era you would have to paste the appropriate file into the folder where it is read as that folder can only contain one deadpage file.
    The file I have made is the optimum 1 file solution based on the late era. Each of the other eras could have been chosen to have bodies for all the units of that era, and then the other two eras would again have bodies for about half their units provided the file is made so that the 110 common units be at the top of the list in the file . I do not intend to construct these alternative files.

I will indicate where the the file can be downloaded from in my next post and give some screen shots.

Default Re: PMTW 1.5 dead bodies for Late era play

Here is the link for the deadpage coordinate file for the late era:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12534358...OORDS.TXT.html

just download it and Copy the file DEADPAGE COORDS.txt and paste it into the folder

C:\Program files\PMTW1.5\Medieval Total War Gold Edition\Textures\Men

(Or what ever you call your installation of the pike and musket mod). This file
    replaces the DEADPAGE COORDS.txt file found there.

here are a few screenshots of a late era custom battle between the New Model army and the covenanter scots using this file...

http://www.imageno.com/88udd3p2v5b4pic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/xctudwzgszw8pic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/mqh73jub8gj0pic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/q816eicwwifmpic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/ipi54plrmtrqpic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/fzi4ip7704czpic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/qiawjvnd3epppic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/krx0rtlhvhqspic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/ieyfh3em7nbbpic.html
    http://www.imageno.com/byqpe8xy25glpic.html

enjoy!

Thumbs up Re: PMTW 1.5 dead bodies for Late era play

Many thanks Nix. This is really great. I've sometimes thought about trying to do it myself, but it would have been a lot of effort and probably a botch.

After downloading, I had to rename the file and remove the underscore between the words - just mentioning in case that helps any others.

Cegorach seems to have disappeared again and this forum is therefore little visited. If 2.0 never arrives , all the more reason to make the best of 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    Cegorach seems to have disappeared again and this forum is therefore little visited. If 2.0 never arrives , all the more reason to make the best of 1.5
    I'm sure he'll show up eventually. Several times he was written off and each time he came back. He's a profectionist and will not release his mod until it's ready. As we all do, I'm sure he has a life outside this forum.

Separataely, Ceg once answered a forum question regarding adding dead bodies. He seemed to think the game graphics couldn't handle it, given all his other modifications. Has anyone applied this download? If you have, have you experienced any CTD or other problems?

Its not the graphics that cannot handle the dead bodies, i was running the mod on a pentium 111 600mhz machine with 128M Ram under windows 98se and it was ok (just) and most gamers now seem to be running much more powerful machines! No, it is the problem of not being able to have dead for all units in all eras if you want to have large numbers of unique units in each era which i suspect put cegorach off providing the file! so dont be afraid give it a go...

thanks for pointing out the file name problem, the file sharer naming inserted an underscore hence changing the nameof the file! Rename the file DEADPAGE COORDS before pasting it into the ...\textures\men folder

Thanks for making this, makes the game that much better!
    Last edited by Dodge_272; 09-03-2008 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by nix View Post
    Here is the link for the deadpage coordinate file for the late era:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12534358...OORDS.TXT.html

just download it and Copy the file DEADPAGE COORDS.txt and paste it into the folder

C:\Program files\PMTW1.5\Medieval Total War Gold Edition\Textures\Men

(Or what ever you call your installation of the pike and musket mod). This file
    replaces the DEADPAGE COORDS.txt file found there.

Thanks. But my vid card still doesn't want to let MTW VI run without funny graphics in battle. And one last thing, you guys all look the same. I really had to follow your nicknames.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

Is this little modification still around somewhere? The link is quite old, and as such, doesn't work anymore. I'd like this for Pike & Musket, as the bodies really do add a lot to the game environment and feel.

Oh dear, I just read Dyabedes' post... I was about to thank nix!

Well, I will thank nix, but not as much as I will if I can find the file...

Any ideas?!

Well, gentlemen, it's good to see this forum yet has a trickle of life left in it. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get the DEADPAGE COORDS until/unless Cegorach returns with 2.0. So, Glenn, if you ever get to that PMTW 1.5 AAR, it may be that you won't see the carnage left behind by your army. A shame. I always feel a bit robbed when my slain enemy simply....vanishes. Here's to Cegorach and here's to PMTW 2.0!

I made this one for myself but if someone's interested you can download it here. Archive contains 3 different files, one for each era. You need just remove the prefix "early","high" or "late" from the file name.
    The main problem is that mod doesn't contain dead bodies graphics for new units. I tried to choose most similar looking but sometimes it's impossible e.g. war wagons, fortified infantry or regimental cannons. Units like these (and many others) simply use peasant bodies instead.
    If you encounter any problem (missing bodies, strange looking bodies etc.) let me know.
    Last edited by Stazi; 01-19-2011 at 15:47.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Stazi for modding editor of the year 2011!

I haven't PMTW installed currently but I will thank you heartily now my friend and be sure to install this with your files soon!

Thank you very much, and I am sure you will be congratulated and well appreciated by many for this!

Can't thank you enough for this, Stazi. I am now eating my words from three posts ago!
    Last edited by Cyprian2; 01-16-2011 at 02:41.

I found some mistakes in the early and high deadpage files. I've already fixed them and tested all 3 eras. I believe you'll see dead bodies for all units but if you'll encounter any unit hiding their deads let me know.
    Download here.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Hi there, I'm new to this forum, but not at all to the tw series, the p&m mod for MTW is by far the best mod i've ever played, and the lack of bodies issue is the last detail I need to correct for it to be perfect, I tried the links for the deadpage coords but they all seem to be brokn, so PLEASE if someone out there has any of the files that correct this issue, it would be much appreciated if you uploaded them again. Thanks to anyone that reads this and cheers to you all.

"...To all of us slavery is a thing unknown; there are no lands beyond us, and even the sea is not safe, menaced as we are by a Roman fleet. And thus in war and battle, in which the brave find glory, even the coward will find safety."

-Calgacus

I've returned to playing Pike & Musket after a long time and I found that playing without dead bodies is a lot less funny. So, I made deadpage coords files for all 3 campaigns again. I tried to be as accurate as possible (without modifying TGA file) but if you notice any strange things like horses appearing after killing an infantry, just let me know. As I wrote in post #12 package contains 3 different files one for each era campaign. Copy the one you need to the ..\Textures\Men\ folder. That's it.

PMTW+Missing+Dead+Bodies+FIX.rar

I've also fixed campaign map pieces made by Cegorach to works the same way as vanilla ones, so banners now show how many soldiers are in a stack and general stars are displayed too. Copy the archive to your Medieval TW folder and extract. Usually, something like c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Medieval 1 Gold\

PMTW+Campaign+Map+Pieces+FIX.rar
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Stazi; 02-11-2016 at 22:35.

Thanks Stazi! Good to see someone still patching PMTW!

P.S why some threads disappear from the forum? the PMTW forum seem to have nearly no threads except those Sticky threads, but I can still search those disappeared threads?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: PMTW 1.5 dead bodies for Late era play

Quote Originally Posted by zweihander View Post
    P.S why some threads disappear from the forum? the PMTW forum seem to have nearly no threads except those Sticky threads, but I can still search those disappeared threads?
    They haven't disappeared: it's a mistake in the forum settings. Only sticky threads and threads with posts less than a month old are displayed in this forum. You can change this by going to user settings > general settings > Default thread age cutoff > Show all.

The strange thing is that for the other forums on the .Org it does show all threads. It's only the R:TW hosted mods where this is set to "1 month". I will pass this on to the administrators. Thank you for brining it to my attention.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!