Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

Default Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

I've been looking around for new mods. A good one for example is the Third Age Total War for Medieval 2 which is alive once more (it was dead). But then I found a russian team, which appears to have a lot of warhammer models:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154786

Some of them are perfectly done, Chaos marauders, orks and dark elves, also skelletons whose's torso is better than ours. But there's something I don't like, in part of their models you can see good graphics but in others it's really terrific, you even ask yourself, is this mod for Rome?

Their Knights of the White Wolf (as an example of a good unit)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Their elves VS their skelletons (as an example of a bad unit)

Could those elves be more plastic?

They have Bretonnia and Kislev but we have wood elves. They have small demons but we have bone gigants and trolls.

But they even have charriots, how can that be true?, I thought we were the only ones who had them.

This gave me some ideas:

-Perhaps unite mods? Maybe not a good idea, because I think they are doing some reverse engineering (illegal stuff), look at chaos marauders and orks, and the skelletons' armour, I think all that comes from Mark of Chaos.

-Reclut more modders, they have started later but with more modders and they are catching us. (terrible that bwian left us)

-Keep a supreme effort on this mod. We could even release a beta, as I suggested in The Warhammer Campaign thread. We have enough stuff for quick, custom and historical battles. If we did so we would shurely be ahead, and we would have lots of people becoming part of our community + applications from other modders.

And to end my post I would like to say: I preffer the work I've seen in this mod than in the other, the graphics are of the same quality, we don't use reverse engineering, and we even have part of the things for the campaign itself (like the traits, relics and retinues, and a steam boat for the dwarves). - And we have a forum.

Their's:

Ours:

Mark of Chaos:
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 06-28-2008 at 13:58.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Default Re: Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

Yes this has already been brought up and the mods are not going to combine. They are also stealing quite a few models from Mark of Chaos .

Yeah, That russian mod has cought my eyes before, and i must say that some skins are very well done. Now im not talking about the reversted MoC skins. But for example the britannian knights skins and those bronze-armoured-gothic guys(what are they?).

I dont know really anything from how its going with this mod currently, how much your planing to do and stuff like that, after bwian left. But if the call of warhammer and the warhammer TW guys, could join up together, this mod maybe could turn out to something one day?

Just a Suggestion!

Cheers, :)
    Last edited by Anarion; 06-28-2008 at 14:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Yeah, That russian mod has cought my eyes before, and i must say that some skins are very well done. Now im not talking about the reversted MoC skins. But for example the britannian knights skins and those bronze-armoured-gothic guys(what are they?).

I dont know really anything from how its going with this mod currently, how much your planing to do and stuff like that, after bwian left. But if the call of warhammer and the warhammer TW guys, could join up together, this mod maybe could turn out to something one day?

Just a Suggestion!

Cheers, :)
    The bronze-armoured-gothic guys are Tilean mercenaries

And about CoW and WTW joining, well, as I said, is a good idea, but at the same time:

''not a good idea, because I think they are doing some reverse engineering (illegal stuff), look at chaos marauders and orks, and the skelletons' armour, I think all that comes from Mark of Chaos.''

The reverse engineering is the problem.

Anyway: Beta!, beta!, beta! We want a Beta!

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Wow their chariots look sweet, but yeah some of the stuff does look poor.

Im glad there is competition, it simply increases quality and effort. The russians mod looks good but i still believe Krazy and Allentun are unmatched when it comes to creating the units, Bwian if im honest wasnt that good with skins but his coding skills are vital, i just wish this team could find 1 or 2 expert code editers then we would be on a roll.

The greatest truth when talking about WTW, modders are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    The russians mod looks good but i still believe Krazy and Allentun are unmatched when it comes to creating the units, Bwian if im honest wasnt that good with skins but his coding skills are vital, i just wish this team could find 1 or 2 expert code editers then we would be on a roll.
    Don't forget that Bwian obviously had a good computer, since he ran the game on full settings, which the russians don't (atleast from what I've seen from the screenshots). Where's the shadows, the bloom, and anti-alaising? The models that they've done are really good.

And why are people starting to choose a "side"? I'm gonna download each of the mods, so why complain which one's better? I like them equally alot.
    "Life is pain, get over it."

I just want one perfect mod (almost at least). There's no need for two.

And if this two mods keep till the end they will end up being the same. If one of the two teams has a good idea the other team will implement it and viceversa. You will only have slightly different models and small variations on the campaign map.

I want one: WTW

PD: CoW seems irregular, chaotic.

I think joining with the Russians is not a good idea, because
    -The difference in language
    -Some of their models are stolen from Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, the guild might decide that the stolen skins are a violation of the copyright (And I agree), and delete our forum (that's what they're going to do at TW Center, when the russians launch their beta.
    -Think of all ther problems that would arise when merging two mods (For example: Both mods have already made the same unit, which one will bu used? New team rosters, differences in coding the campaign map, etc)

Though I think a Bèta should be released to keep the mod alive, and raising attention, or finding new teammembers.

I think that the best we can do right now is releasing a small test-bèta, because we don't have all the factions yet, and many are not yet complete. I suggest some 'good'factions and an equal amount of 'evil'factions.

For the evil factions I'd suggest: Chaos, Tomb kings and orc&goblins.
    I'd suggest for the good factions Empire, Dwarf, and Bretonnia

I'd say Bretonnia, because high elves are not done yet, and brettonia doesn't need that much skinning. Because we can use the vanilla knight models for Knight of the Real (KotR) , Knight Errant (KE) and Grail Knight (GK). KE without helmets, KotR are like the normal knight , we only have to change the shields (same shields as KE) and add Helmet crests, GK are the same as KotR, except for the shields (with grails) and the white cloaks (also with a picture of a grail). We can use the peasant archers from the vanilla version, and for the Men at Arms we could use the seargent spearmen with reskinned shields.

Just some custom battles (no campaign, quick battles or historical battles). Instead of the standard loading screens we could use loading screens containing texts like : "Warhammer Total war needs skinners, editers and coders... Are you the one we are searching for?" or "Visit the Warhammer Total War forum at : https://forums.totalwar.org/"
    There is no such thing as the best winnig, the one to screw up first loses.

-My dog has no nose!
    -Then how does it smell?
    -awfull!

This same topic was strangely discussed in the WC3!!! topic as well. I can't find where
    the post was that said this, but apparently it is only illegal if they post a download link
    for the mod. No1 has seemed to have gotten through to them about this. The moderators
    on their forum r apparently going to delete the link & their entire area of the site if they
    do so.

With Bwians resignation it might be a gd idea to recruit them when this happens (or if).
    As this mod may not be fully complete for another 2 or more years at the rate it is going
    & the current decision that a beta won't be released until most factions r complete or this
    might not happen at all.

These ruski's may be using an online translator or dictionary to speak/write so the language
    gap won't be too serious. As long as their modding tools don't have to be converted from a
    Russian tool -> English tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Solus View Post
    Just some custom battles (no campaign, quick battles or historical battles). Instead of the standard loading screens we could use loading screens containing texts like : "Warhammer Total war needs skinners, editers and coders... Are you the one we are searching for?" or "Visit the Warhammer Total War forum at : https://forums.totalwar.org/"
    Custom, quick or historical, one of them at least, I have all the info for the historical ones (in The Warhammer Campaign Thread). This historical battles that i have compiled include the following:

-The Battle for Skull Pass
    -Assault on the Lizardmen
    -The Battle of The Iron Cliff
    -The Battle of the Black Fire Pass
    -The Battle for the Mourkain Ruins

Further info: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=95099&page=10

I would love to play custom battles, even if there's only one unit option for some factions. High and Dark elves for example, I have only seen their spearmen, but it's enough for the custom battles.

about them using reversing models from MoC(which is illegal), why dont just try to make a agreement, to none use of the models from MoC, with them? Becuase they sure as hell has some other skins which are not stolen.
    Besides.. if im gonna be perfectly honest, I believe that the making of call of warhammer will never be done, only the skins will be done.
    A larger group would increasing the chance of making something big, otherwise it will take ages and people will just let it go.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

I heard from a special source that they used some Mark of Chaos models?
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan View Post
    I just want one perfect mod (almost at least). There's no need for two.

And if this two mods keep till the end they will end up being the same. If one of the two teams has a good idea the other team will implement it and viceversa. You will only have slightly different models and small variations on the campaign map.

I want one: WTW

PD: CoW seems irregular, chaotic.
    i'm gonna stick to this mod to, help out whenever i can, and try to learn how to mod.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Default Re : Another WH Total War Mod! We need a Beta!

if we want to finish this mod before the end of the century, it will be a good idea to combine the both mod.
    In fact bretonnian units,elf units,kislev units and dog of war units are very good aren't they

I would go for a third way personally. I think its clear that both teams have done some good work. I think it would be useful to offer an exchange/sharing of models and graphic work. It's clear that although some of their content is from MOC they have also done some good work that is their own.

I think given the creation of unique models and graphics is probably the most difficult and time consuming part of the mod (correct me if I am wrong) that such an exchange could greatly help both parties and possibly speed up the release of a working mod.

I honestly couldn't see a combined mod working but two separate mods that agree to share some limited content with each other to mutual benefit, I could see that working well.

So, another option: Be friend mods.

P.D.: Beta, Beta, Beta, we want a beta!

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rich101 View Post
    I would go for a third way personally. I think its clear that both teams have done some good work. I think it would be useful to offer an exchange/sharing of models and graphic work. It's clear that although some of their content is from MOC they have also done some good work that is their own.

I think given the creation of unique models and graphics is probably the most difficult and time consuming part of the mod (correct me if I am wrong) that such an exchange could greatly help both parties and possibly speed up the release of a working mod.

I honestly couldn't see a combined mod working but two separate mods that agree to share some limited content with each other to mutual benefit, I could see that working well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan View Post
    So, another option: Be friend mods.

P.D.: Beta, Beta, Beta, we want a beta!
    I think you're idea would work well and save time for the modders, but then again the other mods members might not agree so it might not work but it's still a good idea.

P.S. Oh, and Revan Shan, please stop saying you want a beta i think everyone knows, no offense.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Goncalou View Post
    P.S. Oh, and Revan Shan, please stop saying you want a beta i think everyone knows, no offense.
    LOL, ok

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Given the reputation of the other mod, I'd have to say that when we DO release a beta, our models will start showing up in their mod anyway.

We already know about the other mod. It's sort of strikes a nerve with our team because they've already stolen work from other mods without giving credit. So no, a merger wouldn't work. And I'd rather not use their models, they're all blighted with scanned material, littered with copyright infringementand plagiarism left and right. Not to mention the Mark of Chaos models.

I'd rather not rant about that mod as this is our forum. There's no point in a 'rivalry' either, as our mods are totally different.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite View Post
    Given the reputation of the other mod, I'd have to say that when we DO release a beta, our models will start showing up in their mod anyway.

We already know about the other mod. It's sort of strikes a nerve with our team because they've already stolen work from other mods without giving credit. So no, a merger wouldn't work. And I'd rather not use their models, they're all blighted with scanned material, littered with copyright infringementand plagiarism left and right. Not to mention the Mark of Chaos models.

I'd rather not rant about that mod as this is our forum. There's no point in a 'rivalry' either, as our mods are totally different.
    Thank you. I heard these same things. Filthy Russians!
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

hate russions had a bad exsperiance with hundreds of them on a different game

and ofc they will be different this one will be better
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

I was wondering, under Russian law is what they're doing copywrite infringement?
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

I´ve talked to a few of tem and their answer to me is nope since they are not making any profit and because they have to alter the models.

I've been in Total War Center Forums, do you know how they call this mod? The DEFUNCT Warhammer Total War. They said: Too many words and no progress at all. and: The only hope is Call of Warhammer TW mod. We need to show them this isn't true.

Mod Team, we need a preview, a beta, something!

Some new pics should be enough.
    Last edited by Revan-Shan; 07-04-2008 at 15:36.

While I would like a beta *hint hint* I think that we should trust the people making the mod on when they should release a beta. Other than maybe the Empire I doubt that even the skins for all the factions are done. Let alone the animations, traits, city and building design, and some of the complete unit rosters for factions. While this mod has come a long way it still has quite a while to go as far as I can see. Although a few new pictures couldn't hurt

I agree.

Revan i admire your enthusiasm and effort but it doesnt help matters, if you could put all that effort into finding a skilled enough person who can work with the game code that would be willing to join the team then that would be great news, much better than a beta as the mod stands at present, like Slanted said, they have to do animations, basic model movement and alot more, we need a bigger team if Krazy and Allentun would allow someone to help.

Skilled you say...
    You really want me to find one?

Personally i would love you to find a couple of new skilled programmers/designers to join and help out on this mod but i have no say in the matter, the only people who can decide on expanding the team are the current mod leaders.

I wish i could offer help but im about as bright as a broken bulb :(

Revan i think you need to be contacting Krazy and asking him how you can help best, im sure he will be able to tell you what you can do to help.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast