Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default Re: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

skandinav, well this might not be the fastest way but it should work

download the original files (for RTW) and apply them , that will leave you with a game as if you had just instaled EB with all its official fixes (permanent and optional)

try if it works that way , if it doesn't... then ...something is wrong with your files cause that file (original RTW) contains absolutely every file I changed , so , if something isn't working it might be related to a change or other modification you did yourself

then apply my pack for alex.exe

let me know what happens
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Ok, I just did a reinstall then added the sprite fix now with no problems at all, then I started the game using the trivial script, this time as on my first installation of your mod pack the first game didn´t activate the trivial script giving me an error message when trying to save my settings but worked as before when I restarted the game, but here is the onion; everything looks normal now (!) hurra.

Thanks for the effort mate, I´m really glad it was nothing serious, whatever might have caused it.

so now is working as it should be?

(that is with the trivial script working)

I might have an idea why it crashes when you change preferences , I added also the preference .xml to the pack , wich isn't really necesary, but I think that's the cause of that problem (although I did do several test runs on diferents computers and it worked...)

I'm clueless on what caused the skin problem , weird... perhaps something in your previous files

well glad it works enjoy!
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-30-2008 at 21:45.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

It works perfectly and with alex.exe if there were any uncertainty as to what version I got it working with. Thank you again, this will, besides making the eventual future EB installations a simpler task, make it much easier for me to lure technically-incapable and/or lazy friends to try EB out with various mini mods.

too right mate ! in fact one of the objectives of this mod was to convince a friend who is lazy as hell to try several minimods

Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Hey just tried this out works great, good job combining all of these mods.

Was also wondering how difficult it would be to take out fanatics changes besides the Aquilifer as I don't like how using the short pike fix causes all the spears on all the spear units to look identical depriving me of the awesome variety of spears in EB, the only thing that stops me from usually using fanatics changes besides for the Aquilifer.

Quote Originally Posted by kepta View Post
    Hey just tried this out works great, good job combining all of these mods.

Was also wondering how difficult it would be to take out fanatics changes besides the Aquilifer as I don't like how using the short pike fix causes all the spears on all the spear units to look identical depriving me of the awesome variety of spears in EB, the only thing that stops me from usually using fanatics changes besides for the Aquilifer.
    so you would like to have the aquilifer but not the short_pike?

not really difficult i'll have them in no time (around 10 min perhaps)
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

here

http://rapidshare.com/files/12625409..._unit.zip.html

this is ONLY for ALEX.exe version it has aquilifers and regular hoplites
    you need to copy&paste this file in

EB/DATA folde
    and the SP edu backup folder, and MP edu backup folder

tomorrow, I'll do an update that will contain an easier version to "fix" this, as well as a RTW.exe version , now I really need to go to sleep
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-01-2008 at 09:05.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    here

http://rapidshare.com/files/12625409..._unit.zip.html

this is ONLY for ALEX.exe version it has aquilifers and regular hoplites
    you need to copy&paste this file in

EB/DATA folde
    and the SP edu backup folder, and MP edu backup folder

tomorrow, I'll do an update that will contain an easier version to "fix" this, as well as a RTW.exe version , now I really need to go to sleep
    so this file has everything of the package but the 'phalanx like hoplite formation'?
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

correct
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    correct
    the phalanx formation like for hoplites made of the phalanx/chariot/hoplite....mini mod was removed then?

i'll have to download this
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

Thanks for the work ;) I think I've got it working

UPDATE!

NEW "fix" for the spears ,well it's not really a fix but more like an option that will overwrite TWfanatic's hoplite formation for those interested in having the original hoplites and diferent spears
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-01-2008 at 22:43.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Wow was just hoping for instructions, thanks a ton for the spear option.

Butting in at random:
    have you realised that TW Fanatic's stat changes regarding hoplites are (if they are 'well-founded') made to compensate for his different animations/attributes; that therefore if you revert back to the EB style you'd need to revert/change the stats also?
    have you considered the possibility that *someone* who provided you with (or yourself for that matter) made a mistake when saving some descriptions file (you mention the question marks appearing in descriptions)? If the problem indeed boils down to a bad encoding you should begin with the required edits from scratch and save your work in Unicode instead. (With Notepad you will need to use the Save As instead of the Save function for that.) Then the question-marks issue will be fixed.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

yes hoplites and phalanxes stats where also reverted

and for the qustion marks issue, I guess you mean the ones that appear when using alex?
    if so... I'm using textpad, not windows notepad,( although perhaps I should try with notepad++ also).

um I'll give it a try ...

EDIT: indeed it seems I've been changing stuff and saving with ANSI code instead of uni... ¬¬

the only files afected would only be the traits related ones?, I mean would there be a problem if.. say EDU was saved as ANSI?
    and also , If I change the files, well only the encoding , will that make the files not savegame compatible? (E_VnVs.txt ,EDVnVs, and EDCT)
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-02-2008 at 04:36.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Descriptions (files under ..\data\text\) should be in Unicode, other files in ANSI.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Having tried the city mod I have found that it is not really for me, how do I go about removing it without breaking something ?

By the way, I was 30 years or so into a campaign and everything was fine until I closed the game and upon return the quicksave + the three closest saves, one of them 12 years before the others, did all result in a black screen and CTD when I attempted loading them. I´ve never seen such crashes - which is why I post this here instead of in the bug forum - all seemed fine with the loading screen but when the map should appear pure blackness was instead and for much longer than usually before crashing to the desktop.

EDIT: And the crashes are persistent I might add, else I wouldn´t have bothered posting about them, don´t know what you can use the information ( or lack of information ) for, but I thought you should know.
    Last edited by Skandinav; 07-02-2008 at 18:29.

about the crash... that's reaaaally weird....haven't heard of something like that, I honestly don't know why those CTDs happen , right now I'm considering doing a new version without the optimized script... you should ask in the bug forum

well I've good news and bad news...

the good news is that now I know why the question marks appear , I'm fixing it right now...

the bad news is that...

I dont think it will be easy to disable MAA city mod... pretty much every file related to city mod is shared by others, I'll go take a look again to see if I can
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I appreciate the feedback sir but please don´t stress yourself or anything about something as petty as my preferences with the mini mods you have bundled if it is any trouble whatsoever, I´ll just reinstall the game and put in the mods I want manually.

Great news about the question marks.

no need to reinstall all you need to do is apply my backup RTW or ALEX version , however I've found out that there's an error with sweboz special characters in those versions too

(I'll get that solved shortly)

and you might want to do as quintus did with his script
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

But I would need to reinstall to be without the city mod anyway yes ?

EDIT: And are the client ruler potential fix part of your pack ?
    Last edited by Skandinav; 07-02-2008 at 21:43.

you dont need to reinstall to be citymod free... however my pack does use the optimized potencial fix ,
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Default AW: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

Hi all!Yesterday I tried this, it works great!But I have one Question: Triari in Phalanx Formation is this historycorrect? (Sorry for my bad English).

well it's not really a phalanx and triarii fought as hoplites did , therefore

the only thing is that there isn't a way to represent a proper shieldwall (besides BI) , so the most similar thing is this "Phalanx" like formation, If you would like to have the regular EB hoplites (wich also come with personalized spears you can use a "fix" located in the main post
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

great mod I must say, but I noticed a problem... I started a game as KH and The peltasts and those archers from karali are missing from the roster despite the barracks that I built say i can train them!

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

Quote Originally Posted by satalexton View Post
    great mod I must say, but I noticed a problem... I started a game as KH and The peltasts and those archers from karali are missing from the roster despite the barracks that I built say i can train them!
    um... interesting...I didn't touched that and I'm looking at the recruitment viewer and it says that in karali for koinon hellenon there are only sardianian troops (sardinian infantry)

you could train them before there? I'll try with the original EB files , if even then I can't recruit them , then is not my fault
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Satalextos Basileus Seron Member satalexton's Avatar

i started a syrakousai migration campaign as soon as i installed the mod in...then i noticed i cant recruit the peltasts that i so rely on, i thought at first it's cuz syrakousai didn;t have peltasts in AOR, then i noticed the same thing for messana when i upgraded it's barracks....i'm still in the game atm, alt-tabbing to type here...

"ΜΗΔΕΝ ΕΩΡΑΚΕΝΑΙ ΦΟΒΕΡΩΤΕΡΟΝ ΚΑΙ ΔΕΙΝΟΤΕΡΟΝ ΦΑΛΑΓΓΟΣ ΜΑΚΕΔΟΝΙΚΗΣ" -Lucius Aemilius Paullus

arg... is I could use move_character properly
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

it seems to be an EB problem,

I used the original files and still I can't recruit peltestai in Syrakousai

have you ever recruited them there?
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast