Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Default Re: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Hi Lz3,

I found the problem: your EDUs files in the EB/data/ folder and the EB/SP game EDU backup/ folder are not quite the same.

The EDU file in the EB/data/ folder has 2 additional lines and 1 different line.
    These additional lines are the "officer roman_eagle" line, twice under unit #524 and #525 (as indicated above in my earlier post), which was causing the problem.
    The different line under unit #533 is "voice_type Heavy_1" instead of "voice_type Genreal_1" which is no drama.
    I assume that both these EDU files should in fact be identical.
    Obviously the EDU file in the EB/mp game EDU backup/ folder is very different to either of the two above.

Regards

Vermin

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

well... that's fine actually...

This is how EB handles EDUs:

3 EDUS:
    1- EB data folder (this is the one the game will use)
    2-SP EDU backup folder (I think that's the name of the folder. It overwrites any EDU located in the EB data folder when the SP shortcut is used. Be it the same or a different EDU.)
    3-MP EDU backup folder (It overwrites whatever EDU is located in the data folder when MP shortcut is used.

In order to have them overwriting automatically you need the trivial script, cause that's what it does.

However if you don't want the trivial just overwrite the one in Data folder with the one in SP or MP according to what you want to play at the moment.

The reason why the RTW pack crashes when the trivial script is off, is that, I did not mod the EDU in data folder, the EDU in the data folder is from the Alex.version, why I did not changed it? well cause I thought at the moment that everyone would be using the trivial, so it would be overwritten anyways with the right EDU.

The problem is... that several people have their Trivial Disabled
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm awfully confused from your main post.

I have EB 1.2 installed on RTW.exe

Do i simply download the RTW.exe version and install it, and that's that?

hehehe sorry, I agree that the main post might need to be... cleared a bit...

Yes you must have EB 1.2 installed as well as the sprites fix before you run the pack installer
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Ah, ok. I shall do it right nao.

Got soul but I'm not a soldier Member Socy's Avatar

Sorry if this has already been answered, but, has anyone found out if there is any way of making this mod work with EB on a BI.exe? I would love to test out the BI.exe but this mod almost makes it impossible for me to leave vanilla .exe. If anyone have any solution as to how one could make this work, please post it!

An alternative is to... make the changes to BI.exe yourself, manually...

Run the pack installer
    Make the changes, (I'm not sure what you need to change tough... I don't have BI )

NOTE: If you need to change the target line, dont chane the one in the shortcut, edit the ebconfig file in the RTW folder. (Just righ clic >open with >notepad then search for .exe , and there you'll find the target line )

Good luck

Oh btw, can anyone confirm the save game compatible thing?
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 12-24-2008 at 18:51.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

Just thought I'd say thanks for this collection. Have a balloon:
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

I can't seem to find what the sprite fix is that must be applied?
    Last edited by G Rider; 12-25-2008 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by G Rider View Post
    I can't seem to find what the sprite fix is that must be applied?
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109936
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Thank you!

Merry Christmas to you and everyone!

Hi

By the trivial script does that mean you must press trivial script to play or just "EB single player".

Secondly on vista i am getting the following problem

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1 I install EB 1.1

2 Patch to EB 1.2

3 Install Both fixes

4 install the mod pack

5 Start it by using the shortcut EB play single player

6 Get a CTD saying that it can not find the model roman evocate (spelling might be out)
    I mean not even getting the menu

What am i doing wrong

Sounds liike a great mod.

thank
    Last edited by runner3434; 12-29-2008 at 17:55. Reason: wanted to give more accuracy

"I don't know what they will do to the enemy, but by god they frighten me." Arthur Wellesy, later the Duke of Wellington.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

I was gonna download this, but then I saw the license agreement and I just couldn't comply. Sorry Lz3.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

is it possible to not implent the city mod?
    I really like all the the other mods and I really want to have the cursus honorum mod
    and the only way to get that from here or mod it myself and that is unfortunatly above my current skill

Why would you not want the City mod? I can't stand a campaign where every city just just as big as Rome and in some cases has even more people then Rome. But if you really don't want CityMod you can always make backups of the files that CityMod overwrites and change the modded files with your backups.

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

well i like playing with the casse and in don't like messing with the ebbs script that much(bad experience just by looking around)
    and in order to gain the last reform you and your litle buddies the arverni and aedui must have 6 large city's and i with this mod you cant have that unless you invade spain, germany and italy wich isn't my sort of playstyle
    the march of time problem was (i heard but not sure?) taken care of by giving another city the hidden italy resource( if you haven't played romani, for some reason the march of time doesn't happen when rome grows huge no mather what is said ive seen it)

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbelgian View Post
    is it possible to not implent the city mod?
    Er... yes actually... it doesn't have city mod in the default instalation, citymod is only an add on, that you can -if you wish- install over.

So if you don't want city mod, just... don't download the citymod add on

Quote Originally Posted by Appomination
    I was gonna download this, but then I saw the license agreement and I just couldn't comply. Sorry Lz3.
    C'mon there hasn't been any problem since this was out
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

is every mod to be installed into the EB/Data folder?
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    is every mod to be installed into the EB/Data folder?
    Erm... no...

I think I specified correctly where to install, be it inside the installers or next to the download links
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I'm technically not really the best one, I don't see those specifications next to the links, i only see "download it here" and the description what the mod does effect. Please help me along.

(PS: the only one i read something like it is the textures mod:
    2-Unpack in your EB folder (that is C:\programfiles\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB)
    . So I have to unpack it only in the EB folder? But there are so many other folders, do I just ignore them?)

Forgive my lack of knowledge
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Don't worry, just download it, then in the installer it should tell you where to install
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I have this problem, ia stay always on guard formation and make fighting very strange.Often i see the units stay in strange positions without fighting at all, and cavalry seems very weak in guard mode. I try to install the shilunet battle formations but i have the same problem. How i can fix that?

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

I had to format my PC for vista, I have not played EB for a long time is your sub mod OK for Vista?
    I ll try it anyway I hope you successfully could have transferred city mod and RAL.
    Be back to report on Vista.
    P.S. I hope you are planning your submod for EB2 too but I pray it will not be a real torture to adapt your mod for Kingdoms.exe.

Thanks anyway and plz keep up your great work

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

It works perfectly on Vista.

Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new version (it adds victory conditions to the campaign AI ,the current EB has that file empty , and this will improve AI behavior during campaign making it more historical.)
    does it mean that AI factions vicotory conditions are still the same as the ones set for a human player controlling that particular faction, or are they different?

i have noticed a change in AI's diplomatic activities, but unsure whether it is due to Alex or victory conditions tweaks? which one is it, or is it both?

thanks for this mod, imo its got the best AI behavior so far.

"Technocrat Politician" Member C.LVCIANVS's Avatar

You had a great idea with this mod Lz. Well done.

But I've got a question for you... I got problems with the SoV mod, I can't understand where's the error that makes the game crash. I'm using the bi.exe, so I have to install it manually using VTMarvin instructions, but the mod is adapted to the 1.1 build, not 1.2. I used Winmerge to compare the text files, but about the CAMPAIGN SCRIPT I'm not sure of what I have to change to make it works.

How did you adapted the SoV for EB 1.1 to the EB 1.2 version??

Thanks for any answer
    °CAIVS^LVCIANVS°

..."Atqve nostris militibvs cvnctantibvs, maxime propter altitvdinem maris, qvi decimae legionis aqvilam ferebat, obtestatvs deos, vt ea res legioni feliciter eveniret: -"Desilite"- inqvit -"commilitones, nisi vvltis aqvilam hostibvs prodere: ego certe mevm rei pvblicae atqve imperatori officivm praestitero"-. Hoc cvm voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atqve in hostes aqvilam ferre coepit. Tvm nostri cohortati inter se ne tantvm dedecvs admitteretvr vniversi ex navi desilvervnt. Hos item ex proximis [primis] navibvs cvm conspexissent, svbsecvti hostibvs adpropinqvarvnt."

C.IVL.CAESAR COS.
    "COMMENTARII DE BELLO GALLICO" -Liber IV, XXV.

I think... that you don't need to change the campaign script... AFAIK VT marvin only added as bug fix for EB (a bug that was solved in 1.2)
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

"Technocrat Politician" Member C.LVCIANVS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    I think... that you don't need to change the campaign script... AFAIK VT marvin only added as bug fix for EB (a bug that was solved in 1.2)

... So there's something else wrong in what I'm doing... Ok at least now I Know it!

Anyway: I've installed EB 1.2 on a RTW+BI(1.6)+Alex(1.9) copy, and using the bi.exe. I hadn't got problems with the Aquilifer model for first cohorts; no Vanilla EB units removed for me.
    This is for who doubts on the exceeding number of models supported by the bi.exe.
    °CAIVS^LVCIANVS°

..."Atqve nostris militibvs cvnctantibvs, maxime propter altitvdinem maris, qvi decimae legionis aqvilam ferebat, obtestatvs deos, vt ea res legioni feliciter eveniret: -"Desilite"- inqvit -"commilitones, nisi vvltis aqvilam hostibvs prodere: ego certe mevm rei pvblicae atqve imperatori officivm praestitero"-. Hoc cvm voce magna dixisset, se ex navi proiecit atqve in hostes aqvilam ferre coepit. Tvm nostri cohortati inter se ne tantvm dedecvs admitteretvr vniversi ex navi desilvervnt. Hos item ex proximis [primis] navibvs cvm conspexissent, svbsecvti hostibvs adpropinqvarvnt."

C.IVL.CAESAR COS.
    "COMMENTARII DE BELLO GALLICO" -Liber IV, XXV.

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

No problem on vista, it works great!
    But I advice you not using difficulty for battle more than medium with alex.exe cos if you choose hard for battle difficulty sieges are nightmare the aı separates fresh reserves and do not attack your men directly as with rtw.exe or BI.exe.
    so the morale bonus must be +4 with hard difficulty for battle makes you crazy. my favourite selection was hard/hard and OK with RTW.exe and BI.exe but not with alex.exe. hard or if you like suicidal games very hard diffuculty for campaign but no more than normal for battle if you use alex.exe.

I am happy with your mod man good job but ı think city mod is using RAL mod EDB file and maybe EDU also that deletes RAL mod. As I am happy with RAL no complain.

Thanks man such a combi mod I am still indecisive to restart with pahlava or old pal romans.
    As I am mad about cavalries Pahlava is good choice. I would like to play sarmatians but they do not have stone walls as I always improve my cities with them.

PS : Be careful with AI reserves they attack you at the peak of battle. You need a fresh reserves too. Ctrl+A and double click the centre of enemy does not work on alex

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

Hi Lz3, thanks for the great mod pack. Don't know if i installed it wrong but here the Phalanx mod is not working correctly,i'm using the alex.exe, any ideas of what i could do?

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast