Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Default Re: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    This works with the trivial script? I read that the TS "repairs" the edu when you start the game.
    So I should use the "play single player" icon? The one that uses trivial script?
    Imo, the following "mod" is almost perfect:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

Perhaps I didn't do things correctly but I've noticed a couple problems.

1) The "Spoils of Victory" mod might not be working. After big battles, I never see any "spoil" traits/money. I looked at main hosts page and how he decribes what it should be doing makes me think it doesn't work in this mod pack.

2) The "Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum)" mod might not be working fully. After looking at the main hosts page I see that the following trait has not been removed from the game "The 3 influence penality of the "Plebeivs" trait". I still see this trait in my game. So perhaps this mod isn't working fully in the mod pack.

3) The "Roman Allied Legions" mod also seems slightly wrong. Camillan Hastati are replaced by Bruttian Infantry and Camillan Principes with Samnite Spearmen. But the Bruttian Infantry cost more initially and by upkeep compared to the Spearmen. Those spearmen that cost less also have better stats than the Infantry. I doubt this is how it should be.

I'm going to redo everything one last time before I get into a game to see if I "might" have done something, but I doubt it.

Also, for the optional dls. I don't know how to feel about the city mod (Just because not all cities became huge in the past doesn't mean you will run your faction exactly how it was in the past), so I wont use it. But the other 3 are pretty nice. The 2 graphics/tecture mods look perfect. So much better than in the regular EB.

-Apple.
    For installation process, I followed the following: RTW Gold > Alexander > EB 1.1 > 1.2 > Official Fixes > 1.2 Mini Mod Pack 3.1 > LZ3's Custom EB Fix Adaptation > Phalanx Mod > RS Textures > Naval Strat Map Add On > Lysander's Sihunet Formations Adaptations > EOM 4 Carthaginian Governors Edition > Atraphoenix' RS Legions Adaptation For ALEXANDER EB > Getting Rid Of The Giant Trees Mod > (I've also modded the Roman reforms to happen sooner, deleted 7 files/folders to get rid of window lights and torches for night battles, and added 3 SKYMOD_BI .txt files for night lighting.) - The only thing missing is a 12 turns per year mod, maybe 6 tpy instead.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by applebreath View Post
    I'm new to EB and I'm trying to figure out the exact/correct way to install this from scratch. Here is what I think you should do.

1)I install RTW gold to a folder: For example lets say I install it in a folder named RTW.
    2)Then I install Alex into the folder named RTW.
    3)Install 1.1 to the folder named RTW.
    4)Install 1.2 to the folder named RTW.

Here is where it gets a little confusing. I think it is the following.
    5)Extract EB1.2 ALL 3 fixes to RTW/EB/Data folder.
    6)Then I download your alex.exe version pack.
    7)I install that pack to the folder named RTW.
    8)I then download and extract the custom EB fix to the RTW/EB/Data folder.

Questions:

1)Was that correct, now I play the game? Or is there something I'm forgetting?
    2)I was confused by the whole sprites fix and custom fix section. I read that your pack contains all fixes, so do we or don't we need to download and extract them?
    3)If I only play the Romans, I could to that faction fix (in your known limitations section) manually for Rome, and the victory conditions mod would still work for the AI?
    4)The city mod and Phalanx mod are not part of your mod and are optional like the RS-textures and Naval-add-on are? For the option mods, they will all work with with your mod pack?
    5)I can see why 3 of them are optional, but why was the Phalanx mod? Why not make it part of your pack? Imo, only the city mod should be optional.
    6)Is this a pretty stable version, all the mods work well together?
    7)How should I launch the game, with trivial script or which specific shortcut? Keep in mind that I think the shortcuts that the EB1.1 and EB1.2 intaller installs, have the wrong target line. So do I have to make a change to a target line? Or just use the trivial script (single player) shortcut?
    8)I'm confused, :(. Do I do something with an EDU? I keep reading about it in other posts.

Thanks,
    Apple.

Thanks for your hard work LZ3. This thread should be stickied in the forum.

Hi mates,

Sorry for being absent of this thread for quite some time now. Since I entered uni, I can only find free time on weekends, and to be honest, I'm not playing RTW right now, so I'm totally lost about new stuff in the EB modding world.

@Apple.

Yep, that order is correct.

Now on the questions:
    1) Yep, you can play the game.
    2) No, you don't need more fixes, unless they were issued after the latest update of the mod (making the exception of the modified script which enables SoV)
    3) Yes, you could. However, if the next time you play you're not roman, they wont be under the influence of the mod.
    4)Yes, everything you find here is compatible with the mod.
    5) I didn't make it part of the main file because a considerable amount of people preferred the hoplites the way they were, so...
    6)Yes it's totally stable. You won't have more problems than you have with EB.
    7) You just need to use the original shortcuts. I did the changes to make it work like that. Personally I think all mods should be like that, hehehe. Now it seems that people find it weird that they can play with their original shortcuts.
    8) The problem with the edu is related to the trivial script. Those who have problems with it are those who aren't using the trivial script.

I hope that was helpful.

Perhaps I didn't do things correctly but I've noticed a couple problems.

1) The "Spoils of Victory" mod might not be working. After big battles, I never see any "spoil" traits/money. I looked at main hosts page and how he decribes what it should be doing makes me think it doesn't work in this mod pack.

2) The "Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum)" mod might not be working fully. After looking at the main hosts page I see that the following trait has not been removed from the game "The 3 influence penality of the "Plebeivs" trait". I still see this trait in my game. So perhaps this mod isn't working fully in the mod pack.

3) The "Roman Allied Legions" mod also seems slightly wrong. Camillan Hastati are replaced by Bruttian Infantry and Camillan Principes with Samnite Spearmen. But the Bruttian Infantry cost more initially and by upkeep compared to the Spearmen. Those spearmen that cost less also have better stats than the Infantry. I doubt this is how it should be.

I'm going to redo everything one last time before I get into a game to see if I "might" have done something, but I doubt it.

Also, for the optional dls. I don't know how to feel about the city mod (Just because not all cities became huge in the past doesn't mean you will run your faction exactly how it was in the past), so I wont use it. But the other 3 are pretty nice. The 2 graphics/tecture mods look perfect. So much better than in the regular EB.

-Apple.

1) They do work. Unless you're using a new 'official script fix' by the EB team, SoV should be working. I should say that it's not as easy to get, you need to destroy a full stack or so to get it.

2) Weird... What about the other traits? I remember that blooded, for example gave a command star.

3) Well, allied troops were different to roman ones, that's why they should cost more and or have more/less upkeep. Their equipment is different as well as their training.

4) USE those textures! You wont regret my friend.

EDIT:
    And for those interested, this compilation of mods should be compatible with the tree fix and Astrophoenix's mods.
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 10-25-2009 at 01:54. Reason: merged posts
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Xsaçapāvan é Skudra Member Atraphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post

EDIT:
    And for those interested, this compilation of mods should be compatible with the three fix and Astrophoenix's mods.
    LOL

Just one info, On condition that if they install my mods after they install your Minimod pack. EOM is exception, it does not matter whether before or after.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-24-2009 at 20:17.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished
    History is written by the victor." Winston Churchill

It's not my fault that you have such a hard name to remember, pal.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

It's not my fault that you have such a hard name to remember, pal.
    Atra+Phoenix : Black Phoenix
    Astro+Phoenix : Space Phoenix / Sky Phoenix

In fact your name invention better than me.
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 10-25-2009 at 09:59.

My Submods for EB
    My AAR/Guides How to assault cities with Horse Archers? RISE OF ARSACIDS! (A Pahlava AAR) - finished

"3) Well, allied troops were different to roman ones, that's why they should cost more and or have more/less upkeep. Their equipment is different as well as their training."

I was more talking about that the allied units are off. The Bruttian Infantry needs to be switched, by position in the requitment tab, with Samnite Spearmen. The samnite spearmen have better stats but are less expensive than the bruttian infantry. Their cost/upkeep seem to be reversed from what it should be.

-I followed the following order and other than the problems I mentioned before, it works wonderful:

for installation process; I followed EB 1.1 > 1.2 > official fixes > minimod pack > LZ3's script adaptation > phalanx mod > RS textures mod > naval strat mod > Lysander's sihunet formations adaptations > EOM 2.1b V.T. Marvin's Adaptation.

Some other problems:

1)I have noticed that rebel generals have 162 men for that unit on the campaign map. When you fight that army on the battle map, the General unit doesn't appear, meaning you fight just a captain.

2)When a unit is gets a "provincial governorship", you don't get an ancillary. So you can't switch it to other governors.
    Last edited by applebreath; 10-26-2009 at 14:29.

Some other problems:

1)I have noticed that rebel generals have 162 men for that unit on the campaign map. When you fight that army on the battle map, the General unit doesn't appear, meaning you fight just a captain.

2)When a unit is gets a "provincial governorship", you don't get an ancillary. So you can't switch it to other governors.
    your installation order is correct, I cannot help for (1) but for (2) I am a bit confused?
    you mean, the general cannot get the ancillary symbol? or ancillary itself?
    for second part of (2) you can change ancillaries between your generals, if:
    - he has less than 8 ancillary,
    - he is not limited according to the trigger of the ancillary,
    - and the ancillary is not "Unique" that means you can get the ancillary only once.
    (Note: I do not have any unique ancillaries in any version of EOM)

I have the same problem with you on (1) no idea whether an EB problem or Minimod pack problem.
    But does not care much.

My Submods for EB

The general gets the trait, provincial governor or something like that. But with that trait, I'm not for sure what city it is for. In the descript it says that I should also get an ancillary that I can use to switch between other potential governors. But I don't get that ancillary. So when I move my generals around, not only don't I know what city that trait is for, I can't switch it to another governor.

Will that trait eventually vanish or if I leave another governor in that city for a long time, will that governor get the trait for that city or it wont because another governor might already have that trait for that city? Could this be a Roman problem? Or the 2.1b adaptation for EOM?

-Apple.

Would it work out if I used the EB for BI pack after I installed these mods?
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

I'm pretty sure this mod pack is for Alex.exe.

I don't know if Alex has a better AI, but it is more stable. Get it if you can.

That is impossible.
    What time does not pervert, it destroys outright.
    From this we may conclude that there are no eternal truths, no limitless passions.
    There are only subtle deceptions.

~My brother's new book.

The general gets the trait, provincial governor or something like that. But with that trait, I'm not for sure what city it is for. In the descript it says that I should also get an ancillary that I can use to switch between other potential governors. But I don't get that ancillary. So when I move my generals around, not only don't I know what city that trait is for, I can't switch it to another governor.

Will that trait eventually vanish or if I leave another governor in that city for a long time, will that governor get the trait for that city or it wont because another governor might already have that trait for that city? Could this be a Roman problem? Or the 2.1b adaptation for EOM?

-Apple.
    the best solution is sending a save game to me, I use alex if you other exes this is even not worth.
    then I can say what is wrong with your game, I have one assumption, but will not explain without any evidence, so need your save game first to check.

My Submods for EB

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Hey Lz3!
    I'm a huge fan of your mini-mod, I actually can't remember how playing was without it.
    I wonder if you ever considered including the density mod for hoplites.
    Greetz!
    Ziegenpeter

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    Hey Lz3!
    I'm a huge fan of your mini-mod, I actually can't remember how playing was without it.
    I wonder if you ever considered including the density mod for hoplites.
    Greetz!
    Ziegenpeter
    it is an optional add-on that I have added already but could not see much difference. Phalanx units lost their cohesion after some time but I use lots of micromanaging /encircling/ hit and run/ envelopments/
    so I do not think it s not unrealistic. But at the beginning they march under phalanx mode. that makes my archers useless against them.

My Submods for EB

Quote Originally Posted by Atraphoenix View Post
    it is an optional add-on that I have added already but could not see much difference. Phalanx units lost their cohesion after some time but I use lots of micromanaging /encircling/ hit and run/ envelopments/
    so I do not think it s not unrealistic. But at the beginning they march under phalanx mode. that makes my archers useless against them.

I notice a huge difference with or without that phalanx mod. I love that mod.

I notice a huge difference with or without that phalanx mod. I love that mod.
    AI tries to catch my HAS with phalanxes, that is the funny part, mod is great but not AI....
    If you play with phalanx, no problem but a normal experienced EB player can spoil their cohesion easily...
    Last edited by Atraphoenix; 11-02-2009 at 14:15.

My Submods for EB

I remember reading something somewhere about a big-tree-fix. Any plans to put that in this mod and where do I find it? Will it work with this mod/optional-mods? Is it save-game ready?

-Apple

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Can I install Extended Offices and the "Get rid of giant trees"-mod with the mini-mod?

EDIT: Ok, I see you can use Atraphoenix' mods with the mini mod pack except RS Legion, if you have allied legions installed... right?
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 11-04-2009 at 15:25.

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

I installed the pack, naval mod and phalanx mod... it all seemed fine witha previous savedgame, but the all my FM became "client rulers" anyone experienced this before? Did anyone solved the problem?????
    PS in a new campaing it is allright.
    Last edited by Leão magno; 11-05-2009 at 22:06.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Quote Originally Posted by Leão magno View Post
    I installed the pack, naval mod and phalanx mod... it all seemed fine witha previous savedgame, but the all my FM became "client rulers" anyone experienced this before? Did anyone solved the problem?????
    PS in anewcampaing it is allright.
    So you installed pack with the adaptation fix? Naval mod and phalanx mod, no other mods?

I'd probably start a new game.. Maybe even clean installs first. Old saved games can be glitchy when you start putting more mods on top of them, even if they shouldn't be.

I do remember reading something about this issue specifically, but I don't remember where, :(.

So you installed pack with the adaptation fix? Naval mod and phalanx mod, no other mods?

I'd probably start a new game.. Maybe even clean installs first. Old saved games can be glitchy when you start putting more mods on top of them, even if they shouldn't be.

I do remember reading something about this issue specifically, but I don't remember where, :(.
    Yeah! The problem seems to be only with saved ones. By the way, the Phalanx mod is the only one in first page that did not have the archives to revert it... It would be interesting to add this in page one...
    Last edited by Leão magno; 11-06-2009 at 12:31.
    From the markets of Lilibeo to the Sacred Band in the halls of Astarte, from those halls to the Senate of Safot Softin BiKarthadast as Lilibeo representative

Imo, "Getting rid of the giant trees" mod should be included in this "mini-mod-pack". It is at the following link, https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=112360.

-Apple.

When this mod was made for alex, was anything from XGM or from Archer's SkyMod used? I have to do some modding for night battles, so I could use this info.

Umm, nope. I tried but I didn't find Archer's skymod anywhere.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Umm, nope. I tried but I didn't find Archer's skymod anywhere.
    A google search showed me me the following sites, the last one is the download:

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/SkyMod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30397
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=740

The problem is that I'm not for sure what I need to do and if it is even compatible with my modded game or saved games or if this is even the right version of the mod. Is it as simple as the below instructions that I found at the following link, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=134572?? Also, in my EB/Data folder, there is no skydome.txt file. Did you not add it for some reason? And do I need to remake a map.rwm file? When is it that you need to?[/B]

2) Add lighting for night time
    The weather and lighting settings from Archer's SkyMod look even better. So If you have that mod -Copy the following files from ’’SKYMOD_BI\data’’ for ’’ Bi ’’ only to ’’eb\data\’’
    The models folder!
    ’’descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog_control.txt’’ to ’’eb\data\’’
    ’’descr_daytypes.txt’’ to ’’eb\data\’’
    ’’descr_skydome.txt’’ to ’’eb\data\’’

I did that step and it seems to be working. It's nice seeing stars at night and even the daytime looks nice with clouds. I'm still not for sure if this will work in the long run and why there was no skydome.txt file in eb/data.
    Last edited by applebreath; 11-10-2009 at 03:04.

has anyone tested these mods with BI? I would like to get the phalanx, win conditions and trait changes mods for my BI version, can anyone help?

The link for "Naval strat map add on" seems to be down.

Anybody has a mirror?

I'm running this mini mod (RTW.EXE) on BI.
    So far So good, haven't been playing long though.
    Overall a great mini mod (maybe some tweaking, but hey...)

One thing regarding allied Legions and the legionary name attribute.
    Contrary to what can be found on the forum. The numbering doesn't reset . Meaning i tested it up to legio LI , then got bored. Still 51 legions is kinda ruining the gameplay here.

Does anyone know how i can correct that?

New Update,

I tried deleting the legionary name attribute from EDU, but each time i start a game, EDU repairs itself and back come the numbers.
    How can i turn this off?
    I've allready installed the EDB with the normal romani recruitment, but this doesn't help?

I've succeeded in deleting the legionary_name attribute (in EB/sp game edu backup), but had several CTD untill I disbanded the original starting units. I had to use add_money to balance my temporary weakness, but we're in 260 again, ready to start the Poenic war.
    Last edited by brandt; 11-30-2009 at 07:17. Reason: update number 2

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast