Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Default Re: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

Is this any good? I was looking through the stickied mods, all two of them and I remember using this some time ago. Does it still work? The author I suspect doesnt speak english as a first language, and the first post here is difficult to understand in so many places. For instance, "Included all official fixes" and then right after that it tells you to make sure you installed the sprite fix? Anyways, is this first rate like EB or is this a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by capital View Post
    Is this any good? I was looking through the stickied mods, all two of them and I remember using this some time ago. Does it still work? The author I suspect doesnt speak english as a first language, and the first post here is difficult to understand in so many places. For instance, "Included all official fixes" and then right after that it tells you to make sure you installed the sprite fix? Anyways, is this first rate like EB or is this a pass?
    This is first rate and quality compilation AND it's the only way to play alex without fussing with the txt files, tho i agree the initial post is badly organized and confusing.

Default Re: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

"And if for some reason you would like to go back to your original un-modded files , here's the link (UPDATED, this will get you a clean EB 1.2 instalation)
    Here"

You would want to fix that broken link Lez :)
    naked fanatic

yeah i'd really like to play this mod, except the file is corrupted :(

I downloaded and installed the mini mod pack yesterday to try a new Romani campaign but I'm having some trouble. The biggest issue is after the first turn my treasury has over 100k mnai! Anyone know why this might be and how to fix this?

City mod, RS textures, and force diplomacy seem to be working correctly but the allied legions do not. I do not know how check for victory conditions. Any help appreciated.
    Last edited by Africanus; 09-24-2010 at 14:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Africanus View Post
    I downloaded and installed the mini mod pack yesterday to try a new Romani campaign but I'm having some trouble. The biggest issue is after the first turn my treasury has over 100k mnai! Anyone know why this might be and how to fix this?

City mod, RS textures, and force diplomacy seem to be working correctly but the allied legions do not. I do not know how check for victory conditions. Any help appreciated.
    what the heck? why is it when i dl it the file isn't recognized?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaginacles View Post
    what the heck? why is it when i dl it the file isn't recognized?
    I was able to save the RTW_pack3.exe to my hard drive using firefox, but to be honest i don't think it's working. I realized I had already installed force diplomacy on the copy of EB I used from another hard drive, and I had added RS textures and city mod independently. As of right now, I don't see any evidence that any of the core features of the pack are working in my game.

As to my original problem, I re-copied and pasted my EB folder from my other HD and tried to re-install the pack. My mnai problem went away but still no MMP features.

Ok I want to make sure I did this correctly.

1) rome, bi, alex all updated all ok. EB 1.1, EB 1.2, All 3 EB 1.2 fixes. Mini mod for alex, then:

Important[*]Custom EB fix adaptation. Download. Instruction: Unpack into <RTW directory>/EB/data.
    (If you use the 'Official' fix from bovi's thread, it will overwrite spoils of victory mod. That aside, this one is identical and you really should use it)
    overwriting the current one.

good to go at this point?

Thanks!

EDIT: Confirmed this is correct.
    Last edited by AstroCat; 10-13-2010 at 12:14.

Thanks for this minimod, just getting into EB but this seems like a must-have! Have you considered including the no-giant trees mod: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...he-giant-trees ?

Sorry another question:

It seems Sinuhet AI formations are added but MC’s Player Formations are not. Can I add the Player formations and is it recommended to do so?

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Upon looking at the files it seems that a different player formations was implemented. So perhaps I am good to go after all, unless someone recommends the MC one?
    Last edited by Ludens; 10-14-2010 at 13:59. Reason: merged posts

I noticed that Triarii are not available by default in Roma, but require the next building upgrade at a cost of 12000. Is this intended? I'm sure it's part of the Allied mod, but I was wondering the justification for no Triarii.
    Last edited by AstroCat; 11-01-2010 at 17:08.

Hi guys

Thanks for the mini mod pack :)

Can I use this mod together with Vartan's EB Submod Compilation Pack?

Tore

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

I really like this mod for alx! But recently I was trying to get the Generic Script running to change faction, but the "show me how to" button always remains gray.
    This is how the EBGS looks like:

script
    console_command toggle_perfect_spy
    command_console control romans_julii

end_script

EDIT: EDIT: Ooops! I think I got it now. I stupidly copy&pasted the command line from the "change faction" thread, and its of course always "console_command"
    Shame on me!
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 12-16-2010 at 15:26.

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Hi

Do I have to install the sprites fix before or after the mod?

JEBMMP Creator & AtB Maker Member jirisys's Avatar

No need, already there.

~Jirisys (OP)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because we all need to compensate...

Where exactly is this unpacked? RTW/EB? RTW/EB/Data?

Quote Originally Posted by Taedius View Post
    Where exactly is this unpacked? RTW/EB? RTW/EB/Data?
    You unpack it into the Rome total war folder.
    example: C:\Users\Tore\Rome - Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Tore View Post
    Hi

Do I have to install the sprites fix before or after the mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by jirisys View Post
    No need, already there.

~Jirisys (OP)
    Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    Europa Barbarorum 1.2 submod pack 3.1

Instructions (for all packs)
    1-Make sure you have the sprites fix applied
    2-Download it...
    enjoy
    So this instruction in the first post is invalid?

No, sorry, It was a mistake, I thought it would have them until I checked it yesterday, mine does (It has many of these mods working perfectly )

But yeah, before.

Maybe you could take a walk there

~Jirisys (Boycotting Lz3)
    Last edited by jirisys; 01-09-2011 at 19:44.

Hi again

I feel really lost installing this mod pack to EB. I'm a real newbie

I have tried installing it this way:
    RTW
    Barbarian Invasion
    RTW pach 1.5
    Alexander
    EB 1.1
    EB 1.2
    EB-vanilla-sea
    EB 1.2 mini mod pack
    Naval strat map add on (from mini mod pack)
    Phalanx mod (from mini mod pack)
    RS2 Environments for EB
    RS Textures (from mini mod pack)
    Spirit fixes

Everything seem to be good until I install the spirit fixes. When I install the spirit fixes I get this error message:
    Script error in eb/data/export_descr_unit.txt at line 10091, column 34
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'roman infantry evocate'.

So what have I done wrong? Do I need to install things in a different order?

You need to have installed the fixes BEFORE, and I think it's a problem with Darth's Romani mod with corrected gallic helmet plus the Aquilifer, the first makes them have an old EB skin which looks good, and the other gives an Aquilifer to the first cohorts.

You could install Atraphoenix' RS Legions mod and download my Mod pack, take the EDU and paste it to your install.

~Jirisys (Ad)

You need to have installed the fixes BEFORE, and I think it's a problem with Darth's Romani mod with corrected gallic helmet plus the Aquilifer, the first makes them have an old EB skin which looks good, and the other gives an Aquilifer to the first cohorts

~Jirisys (Ad)
    ok, thanks. hmmm...I hope Darth's Romani mod don't create any problems/crashes

My game keep crashing around 269-268bc over and over again. I have reinstalled everything 10 times and have dropped a lot of submods to try to locate the reason.

The only thing I have found so far that i think is strange is that EBBS_SCRIPT in this modpack revert back the changes made in the 1.2 fixes for EB.

I'm gonna continue to search for the reason I get this crashes, but I'm about to give up this minimod

This is my install list now:
    RTW
    BI
    RTW 1.5
    ALX
    EB 1.1
    EB 1.2
    EB 1.2 fixes
    Mini mod pack
    RS2 battle environments for EB
    tweaked files for more aggressive/challenging ai (EBBS_SCRIPT, descr_strat, descr_win_conditions)

If someone see something I have done wrong with the installation order please scream out

You install BI after the 1.5 Update...
    No, what about the tweaked files? Is it a premade mod?

~Jirisys (Consider looking at my mod pack )

You install BI after the 1.5 Update...
    I have read somewhere that someone recommended that you install the 1.5 update after BI, but I don't remember why :)

No, what about the tweaked files? Is it a premade mod?
    Its just me trying to make the AI more challenging and aggressive. In the vanilla EB the AI factions never is a threat. I don't really understand how the AI work, they fight back and forth but never really kill of their neighbors or try to conquer the world. So I give some factions much more money and units, and do some diplomacy tweaking, and hope that will make a difference.

~Jirisys (Consider looking at my mod pack )
    I'm a little slow and did not see your mod pack before yesterday. It look very nice. Need to check it out.

No, because BI is 1.6 and RTW is 1.5 (1.3 before).

So it's recommended that you install the 1.5 update before BI

~Jirisys (v. 1.01)

I have a couple of questions. First, This is what I did:
    Install RTW
    Install EB 1.1
    Install EB 1.2
    Install fixes
    Installed mini mod 3.1 for RTW.exe

Was this wrong? Am I reading this wrong? Was I not supposed to do the fixes before the mini mod, or not at all? I did not understand the part about the Bovi fixes affecting the Spoils of war mod. Everything seems to be working.

I have an Aedui campaign going. If, at this point, I add some add ons like City mod or phalanx mod, will this affect my current in a negative way (Crashes and such)? Should I delete all saves before using ad ons?

And lastly, I am confused as to where the add ons go. Here; <RTW directory>/EB/data? Or just in the RTW directory?

To Tore: Install the 1.6 BI update...

I hadn't noticed that you haven't

~Jirisys ()

Quote Originally Posted by moriluk View Post
    I have a couple of questions. First, This is what I did:
    Install RTW
    Install EB 1.1
    Install EB 1.2
    Install fixes
    Installed mini mod 3.1 for RTW.exe

Was this wrong? Am I reading this wrong? Was I not supposed to do the fixes before the mini mod, or not at all? I did not understand the part about the Bovi fixes affecting the Spoils of war mod. Everything seems to be working.

I have an Aedui campaign going. If, at this point, I add some add ons like City mod or phalanx mod, will this affect my current in a negative way (Crashes and such)? Should I delete all saves before using ad ons?

And lastly, I am confused as to where the add ons go. Here; <RTW directory>/EB/data? Or just in the RTW directory?
    I need link to bovi fixes, and it might do, your install is ok. RTW directory only, no EB and certainly no Data.

~Jirisys (The new official Lz3 problem solver)

Thanks for reply.
    Could not find the answer to this either.

With the City Mod, does this still effect MOT (2nd huge city in Italy) and Celtic 2nd reforms (4 large Cities)?

I didn´t want to mess with other features of the mod, so i´ve extracted the zip files into a separate folder and then c&p the 3 text docs from "Konnies Generalship" adjustments. Aside from the fact that the night battle ability doesn´t seem to be enabled at all ( i play on bi.exe ), i got some interesting trait overlapping today ( at least i think, it´s a glitch ): One of my Parthian generals became first a "Renown General" and soon afterwards a "Warchief". Now, afaik, the first one is reserved for "civilized" factions, while the latter is for "barbarians" only ( and for "nomads", i guess ). Now, Parthians are both: Nomads and they got the option to settle and get civilized. So my question is: is it normal for the Pahlava generals to get both of this traits, or do my files got somehow screwed up?

Never mind: i took a look ad EDCT file and found that "Warlord" and "Renown" can be triggered at the same time - i must have had lots of luck, since the chances for that are quite low :)
    Last edited by vollorix; 01-25-2011 at 04:38. Reason: solved.
    - 10 mov. points :P

Hey all,

First off, thank you to all who have built these mini-mods for EB. I am running EB 1.2 with all fixes on RTW: Gold for OS X. My major issue is that I cannot use Windows executable files to load mini mods. Furthermore, there is really only one mod from this pack that I really want my hands on (for now at least ;-) )...the Allied Roman Legions mod by Konny, which sadly is no longer available from its original location and as far as I can tell only available in its updated form in this pack. Is there any way someone could host just that mod from this pack or if you don't want to go through the trouble, email me the files in a zip or rar file or even uncompressed if you want?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

EDIT: Okay, well I dl'd crossover and that solved my exe issue, but now I'm a little curious which file I should replace or add into my EB data folder to acquire only Konny's Allied Roman Legion's mod. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Problem Solved! Ignore this post!
    Last edited by aorourke10; 02-11-2011 at 04:45. Reason: Problem Solved

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast