Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Default EB 1.2 MINI MOD PACK!

Europa Barbarorum 1.2 submod pack 3.1

This pack should -in theory- be save game compatible with EB 1.2. However I wouldn't bet my life on it, so... you might wan't to think if you're willing to risk your on-going campaign, at least till someone confirms the SGC (Save Game...)

To previous users
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The new pack isn't save game compatible with the old one

This is compilation of several amazing mini-mods that can be found here, but since there are some incompatibilities with some of them- besides the fact that you have to search them, I made a pack which has them all enabled and fully updated -with official fixes- with the commodity of just having to unzip it to make it work

You dont need to do anything but download the pack Now I didn't took a chance , I also included EVERY official fix, so... you DON'T need to apply ANY official fix after using this.

Technically it works with ANY version of EB 1.2 you might have!. I dont think you don't need to reinstall or anything to get this working (hasn't been tested with BI).

However RTW.exe pack comes without the aquilifer unit , since RTW.exe can't handle more units, there's no planned version for BI.exe , since I haven't used it... and I don't know what to expect, if there's many requests for a BI version I'll investigate how to do it

If you would like to have ALEXANDER send me a PM so I can help you with it

List of used minimods
    • ALEXANDER.exe; thanks to maksimus for the wonderful instructions on how to make the swap between exes.
    • AI Battle Formation Mods* ; by --Sinhuet and special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation
    • Spoils of Victory; by V.T. Marvin
    • Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny.
    • Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new 1.2 version
    • Roman Allied Legions; by konny
    • Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod
    • Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo
    • Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm
    • MP Swapper; by ||Lz3||

Download
    here's the link for alex.exe version (you need to have CA Alexander expansion installed)

here's the link for RTW.exe users!

And if for some reason you would like to go back to your original un-modded files , here's the link (UPDATED, this will get you a clean EB 1.2 instalation)
    Here

Instructions (for all packs)
    1-Make sure you have the sprites fix applied
    2-Download it...

Important[*]Custom EB fix adaptation. Download. Instruction: Unpack into <RTW directory>/EB/data.
    (If you use the 'Official' fix from bovi's thread, it will overwrite spoils of victory mod. That aside, this one is identical and you really should use it)

NOTES
    • I included a map.rwm to every pack and mayor fixes , so in theory you don't need to erase yours.
    • This time I used .rar files, if you don't have winrar yet , download it here http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
    • If you would like to change anything related to AI formations you can download them (along with EB regular formations) at the original thread and apply them after using this pack with no problems at all.
      https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=90313
    • If you would like to have regular recruitment as the romans , download this (for both versions)

Instructions
      1-Unpack in your EB data folder
    • Pack 3.1 Known limitations
      • Faction window problem...
        A minor one , for faction page (the one where a map tells you what are your objectives) there seems to be a problem , since there's text everywhere...(behind the map) its caused by victory_conditions mod , however , its not really annoying I prefer the mod ,however if you would like to restore that you can do so by downloading this:
        http://rapidshare.com/files/12601308...s_fix.zip.html
        Instructions
        1-unpack it in your EB Data folder
        NOTE:this will erase victory conditions mod :(
        (however the solution is not retroactive, that means it wont have effect until you start a new campaign, either way it's just a minor distraction )
        alternately you can fix this yourself for the faction you want to play, just enter to:
        C:\programfiles\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign and look for a descr_win_conditions ,open it and erase the block of text for the faction you want to "fix" ,here's the faction list for that purpose:
        ; ############## ARCHE SELEUKEIA ##############
        faction_relationships romans_julii,
        ; ############## BAKTRIA ##############
        faction_relationships romans_brutii,
        ; ############## HAYASDAN ##############
        faction_relationships romans_scipii,
        ; ############## MAKEDONIA ##############
        faction_relationships macedon,
        ; ############## QARTHADASTIM ##############
        faction_relationships egypt,
        ; ############## SABYN ##############
        faction_relationships saba,
        ; ############## ROMANI ##############
        faction_relationships seleucid,
        ; ############## PONTOS ##############
        faction_relationships carthage,
        ; ############## PARTHIA ##############
        faction_relationships parthia,
        ; ############## SAKA RAUKA ##############
        faction_relationships pontus,
        ; ############## AEDUI ##############
        faction_relationships gauls,

; ############## SWEBOZ ##############
        faction_relationships germans,
        ; ############## CASSE ##############
        faction_relationships britons,

; ############## SAUROMATAE ##############
        faction_relationships armenia,
        ; ############## GETAI ##############
        faction_relationships dacia,
        ; ############## KOINON HELLENON ##############
        faction_relationships greek_cities,

; ############## PTOLEMAIOI ##############
        faction_relationships numidia,
        ; ############## ARVENI ##############
        faction_relationships scythia,

; ############## LUSOTANNON ##############
        faction_relationships spain,
        ; ############## EPEIROS ##############
        faction_relationships thrace,

; ############## ELEUTHEROI ##############
        faction_relationships slave,

but remember ,that faction wont longer have vic conditions , so after you finish your campaign I suggest re-apply my pack, If you have a problem with doing so , let me know

City mod
    With this add on you'll be able to use city mod properties alongside the other mods
    Version 5.1a
    • City mod 5.1a for mod pack with allied recruitment mod enabled Here
    • City mod 5.1a for mod pack with allied recruitment mod disabled Here

Version5.1b
    • City mod 5.1b for mod pack with allied recruitment mod enabled Here
    • City mod 5.1b for mod pack with allied recruitment mod disabled Here

Phalanx mod
    Alexander.exe version here
    RTW.exe version Here

RS Textures Independent and optional (take a look at the screenshots!)
    EB original textures are great textures , but just take a look at these ones! (hope the EB designer , or the EB team don't take it bad hehe ),
    First of all I want to thank RedFox for making these wonderful textures and the Roma Surrectum team for allowing me to use their files

so here's the link! enjoy
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12595008...tures.zip.html

and here's the link for the original EB textures
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12599941...types.zip.html

Instructions
    1-Download it...
    2-Unpack in your EB folder (that is C:\programfiles\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB)
    (or unpack it wherever you want and copy paste)

Screenshots!
    Ok so here are some comparison screenshots, before and after

Italian peninsula

Egypt

European forest

Naval strat map add on Independent and optional *Warning, I don't have backup files for this mod
    I'll quote Lysander13 in this one, since well he did all the job
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysander13 View Post
    Ave Fellow EB Fans,

This small Mini-Mod for EB 1.1 will add new naval ships, trade ships & wagons, as well as new siege & naval blockade icons to EB's strategy map. All stratmap models are the great works of Riczu74. Here's a small preview....

Romani

Aedui & Casse

Koinon Hellenon

Ptolemaioi

Karthadastim **Notice as well the new trade ships**

Saba

Makedonia

Getai

Arveni

Arche Seleukeia

Epeiros

Hayasdan

Lusotannan

Pontos

Eleutheroi

Siege & Naval Blockade Icons

The handful of factions i did not preview will have similar naval ships to their neighbor faction or bretheren so to speak but their own banners and texture. For example the Sweboz will use the same type ship as the Casse and Aedui but will have their own banners and texture of course.

I would like to thank Riczu74 for his great work and for graciously allowing me to use it in the form of this mini-mod/add-on for EB. Here is Riczu74's link to his forum over at TWC, in case anyone is interested in seeing some of his other work.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36584

Of course i would also like to thank The EB Team for providing us their fans with this great mod and this sub-forum for the unofficial fan made stuff.

Installation Instructions:
    Installation is very simple as i took the liberty of putting everything in an installer.

1) Download and run installer.
    2) Point installer to your main RTW Directory where you have EB installed. For example my directory looks like this:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Europa Barbarorum
    your's may be
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome Total War
    or whatever you may have renamed it to.
    3) Click Install. Installer will take care of the rest.

Download Links:
    FileFront:
    http://www.filefront.com/14477617/Th...atMap-Mod.exe/

Vale,
    L13

Descriptions
    Next a list of the mini mods used and a brief description of what they do, but I suggest you to read the full descriptions at their original thread

ALEXANDER.exe; Thanks to Maksimus for his wonderful instructions (use alex.exe , there’s so much info that you probably better go read the original thread, but it makes the game more stable, allows night battles, better AI , enemy retrains)

Spoils of Victory for EB; by V.T. Marvin (Well basically after a large battle you’re able to get some profits out of the dead bodies left on the battlefield, collecting metals , weapons and armors ,which translate into mnai)

Some trait changes (command stars & cursus honorum) by konny. (It makes easier to get more stars for your generals since they don’t longer loose them for just being “lovers of beauty”, and the romani elections are improved , now you’ll get more appropriate FMs getting senate offices)

Win Conditions; originally by JRMC and special thanks to konny for making a new version (it adds victory conditions to the campaign AI ,the current EB has that file empty , and this will improve AI behavior during campaign making it more historical.)

Roman Allied Legions; by konny (“In the early periode you can recruite core Roman troops in Rome only. In the other Italian provinces you can recruite units that are very much the same, but still different. After the Polybian reforms your zone of recruitement is expanded to all of Italy plus "Gallia Togata". For houserule purposes the allied Legions are always labeled by their home province.”)

Darth Stalin's 1.1 Romani Fix with "corrected" Gallic Helm; by Darth Stalin and special thanks to mucky for the fix using Gallic helm submitted by Obelics (it improves A LOT the skins of cohorts imperatorial , cohorts evocate, and cohorts praetoriana)

MP Swapper; by||Lz3|| (Swaps captain for FMs when playing MP, you won't have to rely on those pesky captains to lead your royal armies)

Aquilifer unit; by lt1956, creator of the SPQR mod (It adds a new signifier , officer to roman first cohorts , it’s a guy carrying a gold eagle)
    Screenshot

Force Diplomacy Minimod; by DimeBagHo , update byJarardo(when you activate it you force the AI to accept your diplomatic offers , you know for example when they only have 1 city left and still refuse a ceasefire…) *if you don’t want to use FD just don’t use it and there wont be any difference

Instructions for FD

In order to use the force diplomacy script, you must first hit ESC, then game options, then click the "Reset Advisor" button, then click the checkmark to close the scroll!

Then have one of your diplomats engage the AI, propose whatever you want,you must then click on the"?"
    button, the advisor will apear, with text that reads "You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button." If it says something about victory conditions, YOU HAVE DONE IT WRONG! START OVER!

Click on the "Show me how button", the AI will now accept it, as long as it has it! The AI will not give you things it doesn't have(Like money).

This will only work one time per use, if you wish to force the AI again, you must start the process over!

Then I suggest saving and then loading , to avoid any flashing cities…:p

AI Battle Formation Mods ; by --Darth Vader ---Marcus Camillus from RTR Platinum ---Snake_IV from the old RTR forums for the Battle Formation Buttons for the user interface. And special thanks to Lysander13 for the compilation (it improves enemy behavior during battles, make them use better formations)

Suggestions
    : to get this fully working for romans , I suggest selecting all your roman troops (that’s omitting the allies ) and press ctrl+1, then use one of the formations , then add allies manually to the formation , select everyone again and press “G” twice , then press ctrl+1 again.
    Now you can move your hole army without messing your formation every time you want to move

enjoy
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-29-2010 at 22:34.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Default Re: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

AWESOME ! !

but, the alex.ex eb, to make it work i need to follow all those 1 font colored texts of maksimus before installing this package?

and thanks again! ^^
    Ser mineiro é, antes de tudo, um estado de espírito.

El bien perdido

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwfhJy6JwPg
    A don Jose! Oriental en la vida e en la muerte tambien!

nope eveything is there you dont need to do anything else

the only thing is that you need to have CA Alexander expansion for vanilla RTW , so the EB alex can work
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Many thanks, this is really a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by vartan View Post
    RESPECT
    from Ibrahim

nope eveything is there you dont need to do anything else

the only thing is that you need to have CA Alexander expansion for vanilla RTW , so the EB alex can work
    no imortal dudes or bugs after historical battles then?

El bien perdido

Quote Originally Posted by Havok. View Post
    no imortal dudes or bugs after historical battles then?
    that's right!

I didn't know there were bugs after historical battles though
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 06-28-2008 at 21:10.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I am pretty sure I used got the alex version the first time, but just in case I re-downloaded and reinstalled the Alex.exe version and it still starts with the RomeTW.exe. Would using the
    "C:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    shortcut screw anything up for any reason? and ya they are.
    Last edited by Kataki; 06-30-2008 at 02:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataki View Post
    I am pretty sure I used got the alex version the first time, but just in case I re-downloaded and reinstalled the Alex.exe version and it still starts with the RomeTW.exe. Would using the shortcut screw anything up for any reason? and ya they are.

you shouln't have to change the target line... that's for when not using the trivial script , wich by downloading my pack , should be the one used , try this target line:
    "C:\Program Files\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I used the addition to the command line because I don't use the trivial script. I must say that this chorus of mods is quite the feast. I don't see myself leaving this nice set anytime soon. JOB WELL DONE

Quote Originally Posted by bigmilt16 View Post
    I used the addition to the command line because I don't use the trivial script. I must say that this chorus of mods is quite the feast. I don't see myself leaving this nice set anytime soon. JOB WELL DONE
    two things...:s

1-
    I'm so glad you liked it

2- If you let me ask you heheh why you aren't using the trivial script? what's wrong with it ?

Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Hey just tried this out works great, good job combining all of these mods.

Was also wondering how difficult it would be to take out fanatics changes besides the Aquilifer as I don't like how using the short pike fix causes all the spears on all the spear units to look identical depriving me of the awesome variety of spears in EB, the only thing that stops me from usually using fanatics changes besides for the Aquilifer.

Quote Originally Posted by kepta View Post
    Hey just tried this out works great, good job combining all of these mods.

Was also wondering how difficult it would be to take out fanatics changes besides the Aquilifer as I don't like how using the short pike fix causes all the spears on all the spear units to look identical depriving me of the awesome variety of spears in EB, the only thing that stops me from usually using fanatics changes besides for the Aquilifer.
    so you would like to have the aquilifer but not the short_pike?

not really difficult i'll have them in no time (around 10 min perhaps)
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

here

http://rapidshare.com/files/12625409..._unit.zip.html

this is ONLY for ALEX.exe version it has aquilifers and regular hoplites
    you need to copy&paste this file in

EB/DATA folde
    and the SP edu backup folder, and MP edu backup folder

tomorrow, I'll do an update that will contain an easier version to "fix" this, as well as a RTW.exe version , now I really need to go to sleep
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-01-2008 at 09:05.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    here

http://rapidshare.com/files/12625409..._unit.zip.html

this is ONLY for ALEX.exe version it has aquilifers and regular hoplites
    you need to copy&paste this file in

EB/DATA folde
    and the SP edu backup folder, and MP edu backup folder

tomorrow, I'll do an update that will contain an easier version to "fix" this, as well as a RTW.exe version , now I really need to go to sleep
    so this file has everything of the package but the 'phalanx like hoplite formation'?

El bien perdido

correct
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

I started a romani campaign, but, my FM's doesn't have the Huge Unit Size from the Spoilers Of Victory mod, is this ok?

El bien perdido

yep it's normal , would you like to have it back?

I have the skin changes done, stay tuned for the uploaded files
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

Default AW: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

Hi Havok!Please, look sometimes whether you with the Roman company also the same problem has. So this does not rise your property more than 32969.This is just the only problem what I have experienced with the MINI MOD.

yep it's normal , would you like to have it back?

I have the skin changes done, stay tuned for the uploaded files
    Even though it doesn't show, the mini mod still works aye? spoilers of victory?

Hi Havok!Please, look sometimes whether you with the Roman company also the same problem has. So this does not rise your property more than 32969.This is just the only problem what I have experienced with the MINI MOD.
    i must admit i did not understand what you meant there mate

EDIT: forgot to say: big thanks Lz3 for the skin change!
    ^^
    Last edited by Havok.; 07-08-2008 at 00:04.

El bien perdido

here's the skin change

however I'm not sure if there would be a problem if it's used with RTW version, since that one has aquilifer unit text block in the DMB , so I'm not totally sure if it works... Tellos?

EDIT: if you do have issues when using RTW version
    just enter to EB/Data and look for descr_model_battle file open it and search for "type roman_eagle" delete the whole text block and leave 1 line free between the upper and lower text blocks

In the meanwhile here it is
    http://rapidshare.com/files/12798528..._skin.rar.html

Instructions:
    1-unpack in your EB folder

Notes:
    • It only affects Koinon Hellenon hoplites
    • It turned out that those hoplites weren't the merc hoplites but the roman ones , so now you will have the same hoplites the romans have
    • I included the backup files , look here if you ever wish to get the original guys back
    inside EB/Data/UI/UNITS/GREEK_CITIES there will be 2 files called "#hellenistic_infantry_hoplitai" and another called the same but with "save" at the end , just delete the fisrt one and delete the save part of the 2°one
    same goes for EB/Data/UI/UNIT_INFO/GREEK_CITIES , then...
    switch your DMB file for the original

I'm not sure if I should add this to the main post...

PS: I'm a spoil tags lover
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 07-08-2008 at 00:36.
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

ok i didnt see that for some reason thank you
    also is there a version that has no city mod thing (i know im ahistorical but i play for fun :) ).
    if so what is the order of the thing i should install so it does not have konny's roman allied legions and city mod?
    thank you so much
    Last edited by mp0925; 07-30-2008 at 23:53.

How do I give the republican/imperial formations to the Romans?.. I thought I read something about that a little bit ago but i cant seem to find it again D:

i think that came in with camillus' formations kataki, slot 6,7,8 i think..

Hi All!My problem is:The capital (my money on Romancompany) does not rise more than 32969. It is all the time 32969.I don't know why.One buck?

Thank you for answer LZ3! I try to Install anew. Maybe it is my mistake.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=104279

this mini mod appears to be awesome Lz3, after Mucky upload the lorica segmentata units can you consider to merge that with the mini mod pack of yours?

El bien perdido

Hi IILZ3II I play on VH/VH.And KI get a lot of bonus experiences with the battle.I play the Romancompany.In start Aedui, Scweboz and Arverni had war with each other.Now they are all my enemies.And I see all the time a lot of them with 3 silver Chevrons.The play slowly starts to be really difficult.One Question:how I can reduce the KI-bonus. Which file use.

Default Re: AW: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
    Hi IILZ3II I play on VH/VH.And KI get a lot of bonus experiences with the battle.I play the Romancompany.In start Aedui, Scweboz and Arverni had war with each other.Now they are all my enemies.And I see all the time a lot of them with 3 silver Chevrons.The play slowly starts to be really difficult.One Question:how I can reduce the KI-bonus. Which file use.
    geez what do you think you are? Rambo? VH/VH, well to be honest I'm not totally sure wth that... however I'm pretty sure its kinda difficult , perhaps you can try to lower the battle difficulty , but it hasn't been tested with EB:..but... it might work , are you in?

@havok...

I don't know... actually I'm a total anti lorica segmentata guy (geez! look what EB has done to me!! )

peeerhaps I can help you guys to do it , it's not that hard , or maaybe as an optional add on
    Spoken languages:

ALEXANDER EB promoter

lol The fan of my video card actually fell out of the card a while ago (months)but the card didn't seem to be damaged, though i still don't know how that happened. I zip tied a 120mm fan to the card and it keeps it cooler than the standard fan did rofl

That being said I havent had a single issue in any other game (Morrowind, planetside, CS:S red orchestra etc) I'm sure it has to do with the way I've installed something.

Default Re: AW: EB 1.1 MINI MOD PACK!

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    geez what do you think you are? Rambo? VH/VH, well to be honest I'm not totally sure wth that... however I'm pretty sure its kinda difficult , perhaps you can try to lower the battle difficulty , but it hasn't been tested with EB:..but... it might work , are you in?

@havok...

I don't know... actually I'm a total anti lorica segmentata guy (geez! look what EB has done to me!! )

peeerhaps I can help you guys to do it , it's not that hard , or maaybe as an optional add on
    XD!

I wont try to modify scripts anymore, last time i did, i ended up having to reinstall whole EB
    which also wasn't a nice thing to do

and a addon would be ok, if you're willing to do so

El bien perdido

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast